The New Face of Aavin Milk

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
melam72

The New Face of Aavin Milk

Post by melam72 »

CHENNAI (July 13): Aavin Milk Co-operative has announced that Aruna Sayeeram will be the new 'Carnatic Music' brand ambassador of the company, to promote the company's milk-based products.

In a revolutionary move, Aavin announced that Aruna Sayeeram will be the face of all of Aavin's milk products, as well as the new 'Sangathi' brand of Carnatic-themed sweets. It's founder, E.R.U.Maiyappan, announced 'Mrs Sayeeram has long been the proponent of Cow-based and Cow-themed songs, like Madu Meikkum Kanne, Vishamakaara Kannan, and so on! Why, she is so fond of cows, she sings her alapanams as 'AAA', in reference to the Holy Cow! She is the perfect choice for the face of Aavin!'

In fact, neighbours of Aruna Sayeeram have reported that the Senior vidushi has begun to compose a new song, titled 'Moo', based on 'the primordial sound of the cow'. Neighbours also complain that Srimathi Sayeeram has been constantly listening to recordings of cows mooing. Long-suffering mridangist and accompanist to Aruna Sayeeram, J Vaidyanathan, has been contracted for an album recording of Srimathi Sairam's cow-centric compositions. A team of pilgrims on their way to Pandharipur, Maharashtra have also been kidnapped to serve as a focus group for the tunes of Sant Namadev's newly discovered 'Gau Panchratan' Abhangs.

Lalithaa Krishnan, a critic from The Hindu, commented 'This is a very novel approach by Srimathi Sayeeram and it will appeal to the hordes of cows who attend her concert'.

Aruna Sayeeram has not responded to our approaches for comment, for she, according to her secretary, is neck-deep in 'An intensive research project on the nature of the Bovine being in Madhavaram, Chennai'.

melam72

Re: The New Face of Aavin Milk

Post by melam72 »

After reading this article, Smt. Lalithaa Krishnan has reached out to us to correct an errata. The sentence should read 'appeal to the hordes of people who attend her concert'. The error is regretted

melam72

Post by melam72 »

I think I should, at this juncture, make it amply clear that this is satire, in case people take it seriously. I should also make it clear that this bears no malice, for I have more important people to express my malice towards.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Would you imagine what a publicity that would be for Carnatic music!

Cleveland with all its Easter week bombardment of music still had 30 - 40 people ( I applied your errata) still travelling to Pittsburgh to listen to her - this was before Cleveland started featuring her. About early 2000s.

Cleveland otherwise does not have music concerts that much rest of the year!

melam72

Post by melam72 »

shankarank wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:55 Would you imagine what a publicity that would be for Carnatic music!

Cleveland with all its Easter week bombardment of music still had 30 - 40 people ( I applied your errata) still travelling to Pittsburgh to listen to her - this was before Cleveland started featuring her. About early 2000s.

Cleveland otherwise does not have music concerts that much rest of the year!
:lol: :lol:

She performs, what, one concert a month (except in December)?

To be very fair, I never found her that impressive even in the 80's and 90's. Very unremarkable, middling artist who was easily overshadowed by contemporaries, which I still maintain; she has just gotten marketing and packaging her music!

melam72

Post by melam72 »

shankarank wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 21:55 I applied your errata
My errata :shock: ???

You mean, Srimathi Lalithaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Krishnan's errata? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: