Recordings of Voleti singing Tamil krithis?

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
narayara000

Recordings of Voleti singing Tamil krithis?

Post by narayara000 »

Hello I'm a big fan of Voleti, does anyone have a recording of Voleti singing any Tamil krithis?

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: Recordings of Voleti singing Tamil krithis?

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

A real quiz this!

musictalentindia

Post by musictalentindia »

Planning to build your singing career in India
You are a Professional Singer and didn't get chance to perform on stage. Don't lose Hope. Just vist Music Talent India.
MIT gives you singing platform in india, Don't wait for showcase your talent just upload your music tracks , videos , and can create your own online bands too & get tips from professional Singers and Musicians to build your professional career

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

narayara000 wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 08:37 Hello I'm a big fan of Voleti, does anyone have a recording of Voleti singing any Tamil krithis?
To my knowledge I doubt if any recording of tamil kritis of Sri Voleti is available.
What is available is of Papanasam Sivan's kriti in punnagavarali - Sivaganga Nagaranivasini which is in Sanskrit.

He used to sing very often the bhairavi kriti of Papanasam Sivan - Sri Viswanatham Bhaje, however, his recording I havnt come across. Of course this kriti sung by Malladis (Senior and Junior), Nedunuri, MLV are available. MLV learnt this from Voleti, I am told.

Not sure if he was proficient with the tamil language !

narayara000

Post by narayara000 »

Ok thank you!