Pure Fantasy: The ideal leader for Tamilnadu

History, religion and culture
Sachi_R

Pure Fantasy: The ideal leader for Tamilnadu

Post by Sachi_R »

Imagine, as a result of all your piety, honesty, righteousness, culture, and love for Tamilnadu, that God calls you up and asks you this fantastic question: Who would be the ideal leader for the state of Tamil Nadu?

Now you may ask, why single out TN, when so many other states offer God a similar vacancy or absence of leadership!? The extenuating circumstances are as follows:
1. Tamil culture is one of the world's most ancient, enriched by art, science, agricultural and scientific accomplishments.
2. You are being asked because you are a responsible, knowledgeable, and committed rasika.

What would be your answer to God? List the criteria.
Please note your answer has to be reasoned and supported by
A. An example of a living or dead Tamilian who exemplifies those criteria.
B. You have to argue why that person is the best leader.

I have on direct authority that God is awaiting your inputs. Even as you read this, people are suggesting to him names like Rajini, Kamal, Rahman, Anand, Ashwin, N Srinivasan, Seshasayee, N Murali, TM Krishna, Sundar Pichai, TCS Chandrasekharan, and many ladies too, but I didn't catch their names well.

Please hurry.

shankarank

Re: Pure Fantasy: The ideal leader for Tamilnadu

Post by shankarank »

I think people are taking a lead slowly. I would let them figure it out. I am fine with any third rate broker - the most useful entity that fixes prices in the world! But not a left leaning intellectual!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Good someone has responded before they move Chinnamma back to Chennai.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

In fact every question in parliament or assembly must be put through a "left leaner" litmus test and if it passes must not be responded to. It should be considered not worthy of answer!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Having said that - I recently heard of this guy , but yet to hear him - so my pure fantasy at this time in a lighter vein:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrnd6X ... t5FE8oAXUg

:lol:

harimau

Post by harimau »

Sachi_R wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 13:40 Imagine, as a result of all your piety, honesty, righteousness, culture, and love for Tamilnadu, that God calls you up and asks you this fantastic question: Who would be the ideal leader for the state of Tamil Nadu?

What would be your answer to God? List the criteria.
Please note your answer has to be reasoned and supported by
A. An example of a living or dead Tamilian who exemplifies those criteria.
B. You have to argue why that person is the best leader.
Kamal Haasan, according to one wag, has all the qualifications to be the next Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.

Like M Karunanidhi and MGR, he has been married three times, and like them, he is the second husband of his third wife. That alone is sufficient for him to be the next CM. :lol: :evil: :twisted: :roll:

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Harimau,
Salutations. NO WONDER Amma always was an outsider.

The new IPL motto is a tribute to you!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Kamal haasans method looks like all the rational stuff of Thuglak. He wants "arivu-jeevis" or the so called domain experts to head each activity and his followers to learn from them!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

This reminds me of a french fable .the translation of which can be read under languages and literature Tamil. Tit bits in tamil

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

Sachi,
If you have seen the latest interview of Karnataka CM wherein he says that he is at the mercy of Congress and not the people of Karnataka because they did not give him the full mandate, you, probably might rescind your query, even as a fantasy. We, the people of this country - and Tamil Nadu is no exception - have abrogated our responsibility - ராமன் ஆண்டாலென்ன, ராவணன் ஆண்டாலென்ன - what difference does it make whether Rama rules or Ravana - kind of apathy is prevalent among the intelligentsia - me included. We are being led the garden path to where - God alone knows. (old timers know the end of this journey) -

https://youtu.be/T32rZg8M4xs

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Govindan sir,
My take on the Karnataka situation is:
People wanted BJP. They nearly voted them to power.
JDS bolstered by CongI with many wheels within wheels implies we will have a fragile govt.

I believe BJP. Will play its hand soon with a new leader and come to power.

Let us watch the fun.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imxlx8HuSNY&t=1222s . Very Superstitious it seems. Will he rescind the ban on superstitions law passed by his predecessor?

One more "reason" Kamal Haasan may not win! :mrgreen: :lol:

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

Re #12 - video
Two points stand out - (a) people of Tamilnadu are naive and (b) the urban - particularly Bangalore voting percentage is around 40.
The second one is relevant. IMHO, it is true of India as sich and Tamilnadu also. That is what I mentioned about - apathy of intelligentia.
Last edited by vgovindan on 29 May 2018, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

We are all unaffiliated world citizens not bound by narrow concerns like nations etc. Like we live as though we live in Singapore, or Dubai, or Hong Kong.

The Global powers will esnure we get what we get! So no worries. I don't know why we are being blamed as elite when we are at the mercy of global powers though :roll: :lol:

In Singapore you will have to serve in some quasi-military for two years - I heard much more than what is NCC in India. People move out when their sons reach that age - I heard as well.