Am I a Bot?

Troubleshooting
Nick H

Am I a Bot?

Post by Nick H »

The site is continually asking me if I am a bot: I have to click a box to say that I am not.

Is rasikas.org receiving so much attention from bots that this is necessary? If so, I'll have to put up with it.

But I should be sorry to see no more nuggets of wisdom from soniajain! :lol:

srkris
Site Admin

Re: Am I a Bot?

Post by srkris »

Hi Nick, apologies I didnt see this thread for a long time - this is intended because yes there are swarms of bots trying to access the site but now having raised the automatic screening levels using cloudflare, I will remove that checkbox if it is still bothering you?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Hello skris,

I had forgotten all about that as it hasn't happened for ages! Just please, please never use that dreadful google captur that asks us to click squares with traffic lights! That is just awful beyond words!

Today, the forum looks completely different. Hope it was you that did it, not a bot! ;)

And... Where is soniajain? :lol:

All the best...

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

I have replaced the question with a recaptcha v.2 now - so the ticking to confirm that it is not a bot will remain - however it is only active for unregistered users. No more traffic lights.

Hopefully the forum is easier on the eye than it was earlier. Have also replaced a whole lot of dead internal hyperlinks with working ones.

Soniajain was a spammer and has been removed from the forum :)

sankark

Post by sankark »

srkris wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 07:21 Hopefully the forum is easier on the eye than it was earlier. Have also replaced a whole lot of dead internal hyperlinks with working ones.
Yes, it is a nice UI and better UX now. Though one pet peeve is sans-serif rather than serif.

Is that your doing or upgrading to new version of the forum s/w?

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

sankark wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 07:47Yes, it is a nice UI and better UX now. Though one pet peeve is sans-serif rather than serif.
Is that your doing or upgrading to new version of the forum s/w?
Sans serif fonts come with the UI (and are normally recommended for easier reading)

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

The age-old lore and teaching of typography has it that serif faces are easier to read.

Not wishing to start or join a controversy about this! Haven't even thought about it in a while --- and I think that most online stuff uses sans-serif.

I'm happy with what we've got.