Veena Teachers online (over skype)

To teach and learn Indian classical music
kpanjimala

Veena Teachers online (over skype)

Post by kpanjimala »

Hi,

Could you give any pointers teachers teaching Carnatic veena over skype. It will be of great help to me.

Regards
Kavitha

classicallover

Re: Veena Teachers online (over skype)

Post by classicallover »

There are one or two from Kerala. But if you like to learn from another versatile instrumentalist who can teach anyone, get back to me. Where are do you live, btw ?

narasimhan

Post by narasimhan »

You can visit www.theveena.com

sastrydevarakonda

Post by sastrydevarakonda »

Namaste Sir,
I have read your enquiry for veena teacher,
I have been member of this reputed music forum for the past one and half month, and I was posting few write ups in Music School as well as in Vidyarthi May 2014 - pointedly for the ambitious music aspirants and those who have spent good time in learning and not landed in any constructive platform, where one can feel that - yes he is a veena player.

I have been a Veena [performer and learner with a Diploma in Veena from Telugu University, Hyd, and I have a clear understanding about learning veena - what should we do to really understand the music and play the instrument comfortably - on par with any accompanying good violinist.
If your interest permits for further interactions, Iam happy to tell you about , how best you can learn the instrument. without running after any school. There is a very good programme by the great guru shri Akella Mallikharjuna Sharma garu, whose design for the ambitious music learners, who can sincerely work hard - can get good results in short time, the method called AMS easy methods 2007.
Namaste, Sastry Devarak

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, sastrydevarakonda,

After the wasteful toil in learning Veena for several years, by God’s grace, though very late, you have ultimately found a way to fulfill your desire even up to some extent.

Nearly 30 years back the people are more bothered about the honesty, sincerity and ethical values along with very limited selfishness. Later, the selfishness became the first preference and all other noble things are deteriorating very rapidly.

Ultimately, the poor and ignorant aspirant is the sufferer, right from many centuries, for all kinds of deeds of the teacher and in my life I have never seen even a single teacher truly striving hard for the welfare of the student always feeding him/her the mostly needed material selected very strictly on logical and rational grounds like a mother giving utmost preference to the aspirant’s care.

I have visited several music-institutions and music-departments of universities and, very sadly, found every music-teacher is working to get his/her salary only. At any level there is no academic supervision at all. At each and every level illogicality and irrationality reigns and nobody bothers about any thing except the regular salary or income or honour or title or foreign-tour etc.,etc.

Not that there hasn’t been any noble person at all. No, there are. For example, thinking very nobly about the needs of the aspirants, even around 1900, Subbarama Dikshitar brought out his ‘Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshini’ not only with hundreds of notated compositions but also with symbolized notation for the first time in the history paving way to the symbolized notation which is the barest need of the aspirant to learn music most efficiently and quickly. But, while his symbolized notation became handy to get Doctorates to some people there hasn’t been even a single musician who followed or continued or developed this symbolized notation in the interest of our kids. This incident itself very obviously proves how lethargic and selfish all our musicians are in respect of our aspirants.

In the same manner, it may not be out of place to mention about Tacchur Singarachrya Bros., who brought out their ‘Gayakalochanam’ in 1902. In respect of the rarest chapter, Talaprastara, after Sangita Ratnakara of 13th century, among all the treatises in which this topic was dealt with, Gayakalochanam only helped me to fill in some of the lacunae of Sangita Ratnakara. In this respect Gayakalochanam only proved that, on earth, Tacchur Bros., only knew the vital secrets of this topic which have never and nowhere been furnished in any other book. However, very sadly, even Tacchur Bros., did neither furnish even a single definition of the topic but all tables and figures only in their book nor revealed those secrets even to their disciples to pass them on to others later.

Again, in the same manner, our Violin-legends, Shri MSG or Shri Lalgudi also did not even think of the Violin-aspirants and bring out videos of their rarest finger-techniques of Violin-play for educational purpose. Thus, we all have lost a great treasure for ever.

Most unfortunately we have this kind of culture only and even if we suggest to do something better in the sole interest of our kids people are ready to find fault with us only but not with the people who do only harmful things to the aspirants. This is the state of affairs. At this juncture it is preferable and healthy to work on our own without depending upon a second person in maintaining the ethical values. amsharma