learning to play ragas

To teach and learn Indian classical music
ragasudha

learning to play ragas

Post by ragasudha »

Dear Music lover,
I have created RagaSudha, a music app for iphone and ipad and it is now available on appstore for iOS 6 and above. This was born out of my inability to remember ragas and play an instrument. And now even I can without any formal training in music; From conceptualizing it almost a decade back (to play on a computer screen with a mouse), we now have it on a touch screen. RagaSudha is for those who have listened to Indian classical music, learnt of some of its intricacies and complexities and are afraid to tread further, for fear of making mistakes. It is also for those who just want to fast track into playing a melody without sounding wrong. I am now working on the Android version. If you like it, spread the word please to those individuals or groups you think will like to try it. If you have suggestions and comments please write to me at ragasudha101@gmail.com
Happy playing
Raman
Email:ragasudha101@gmail.com

ganesh_mourthy

Re: learning to play ragas

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

Hello Ragasudha,

I am very much expecting the android version. Android is getting more popular for its affordability and hence working on it alongside is really appreciated. ( I am actually fedup with Iphones as there was a hardware error and it took forever to get it fixed and I could not replace it easily also nor could I toss it away easily to buy another ). With android I am happy to quickly replace or even donate :). There are ranges.
But, probably, it is harder to program for android?