THE MUSIC ACADEMY, CHENNAI. Advanced Diploma Course in CM (Vocal)

To teach and learn Indian classical music
Pratyaksham Bala

THE MUSIC ACADEMY, CHENNAI. Advanced Diploma Course in CM (Vocal)

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

http://musicacademymadras.in/

THE MUSIC ACADEMY, CHENNAI

Admissions open for I year in the Advanced Diploma in Carnatic Music (Vocal).
Duration:3 years with 2 semesters every year, Mid July – November end and Mid January – June end
Classes: Monday thru Friday 0800 am – 12:30 pm
Eligibility : Applicants should have minimum educational qualification of Plus Two (successfully completed)

Should be able to sing Varnams and Kritis with knowledge of Manodharma Sangita.
Applicants should send their bio-data giving full details of their musical training.
Shortlisted Applicants will be called for an interview by the Academic Council. Selected candidates will be intimated. The decision of the Academic council will be final and binding.

Number of seats available: 10

Last date for receiving applications: Saturday, July 4, 2015
Classes Commence: July 23, 2015.

Faculty:
Sangita Kalanidhi Smt. R. Vedavalli – Director,Sangita Kalanidhi Trichur Ramachandran, Prof. Ritha Rajan – Academic Coordinator, Vidhushi. Dr.RS Jayalakshmi – Academic Coordinator, Sangita Kala Acharya Sri PS Narayanaswamy,Sangita Kala Acharya Smt. Suguna Varadhachari, Vidvan Sri Neyveli Santhanagopalan,Vidhushi.Smt.S. Sowmya, Vidushi Smt. Shyamala Venkateshwaran, Vidvan Sri. Sriram Parsuram.

For further details please contact:
THE MUSIC ACADEMY, MADRAS
(Old No. 306), New No. 168, T.T.K. Road, Royapettah Chennai 600 014.
Tel: 2811 2231 / 2811 5162
Email: music@musicacademymadras.com / pappuvenu@gmail.com

VK RAMAN

Re: THE MUSIC ACADEMY, CHENNAI. Advanced Diploma Course in CM (Vocal)

Post by VK RAMAN »

Is this Diploma equivalent to Master Degree in music from a recognized South Indian University?

Nick H

Re: THE MUSIC ACADEMY, CHENNAI. Advanced Diploma Course in CM (Vocal)

Post by Nick H »

I imagine it is equivalent only to an "advanced Diploma Course in CM (Vocal) from the Music Academy. Does it have to be equivalent to anything else? So we ask our guru if studying with them for so many years is going to be equivalent to any degree course?

I am guessing here; I know no more than you; but it looks to me as if it is to do with the entirely practical aspect of intense tuition from a star-spangled list of artists and gurus. There seem to be ten teachers for the ten students too!

I really am just guessing about this: the academic world does have a habit of tie-ups, credits, etc