A new subtopic for CM on the net

To teach and learn Indian classical music
SrinathK

A new subtopic for CM on the net

Post by SrinathK »

The music resources page has currently 3 sections in it : Music school, CM Books and Lyrics section.

I want a fourth one. Carnatic Music Resources on the Internet

Over time we all have found plenty of websites with invaluable information which we couldn't even imagine several years ago. For example, take a look at the blogs being maintained by @vgovindan. Then there's sahityam.net, karnatik.com, sangeethapriya, carnatica, etc..etc..., translations of many CM compositions, musician's websites, acharyanet, user's channels on youtube and Facebook groups sharing valuable stuff I never knew existed (yes, including rasikas.org too of course :) . Today it is the internet that is the most comprehensive resource for CM.

The music school topic is generally full of queries for CM classes, skype lessons and teachers. My intention is to separate the online CM websites into their own category. Otherwise they generally find themselves in a thread which disappears down the order over time.

I'd be very happy to see a topic for each of them in the proposed section above or even just a few threads with us pitching in our contributions. Maybe even how to archive them all offline for our back up. I would request admins to open the section. Please? :geek:

vasanthakokilam

Re: A new subtopic for CM on the net

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Good idea. Let me see what we can do

srkris
Site Admin

Re: A new subtopic for CM on the net

Post by srkris »

Here it is - http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=38

Thanks for the suggestion, and to VK for seconding it.