Rajagopalan: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas forum

Prominent critics and rasikas
arasi

Re: Rajagopalan: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas forum

Post by arasi »

'ponnAna' (golden) touch!

Let Midas' touch continue!

Now that mangalam is sung , let the main (pon) bhairavi unfold ;)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

As the situation was about to go out of control a man with Narada;s face got on the stage. He is the Godfather of CM,a lokasanchari who during the music season is in this MSS land and in other times in some other land. He said: Just listen to me for exactly one minute. there was silence. ¨Pl look at the face of the person whom you are yelling to. He is not vidwan X or vidushi Y.see intensely ,I mean concentrate on the mask over the face .¨
The hall which was noisy and stormy suddenly calmed down like boiling milk settling down when the gas stove is switched off. A Thyagaraja swami sang ¨santha mu leka sowkhyamu ledhu ¨. Now one could understand the wisdom of making all participants wear the face mask of those saintly figures. This is an¨ avandhra prayochanam¨ besides hiding the identity.
When calmness returned, Narada proposed the name of ¨sangeethavid .org ¨preserving the root and dropping wan or ushi,after all they are going to do their post in the name of a raga only.Some one said even ¨san¨ can be dropped as religion and sanctity are not needed for art music. Finally ¨geethvid .org was unanimously approved. Some one said vid is suggestive of vidhya which means art, wisdom .Arunagirinathar face got up and said வித்து means seed. we carry the seed of CM to posterity.
Thanks to the cumulative auspicious effect of multiple mangalam. the site http://WWW.geethvid.org was born.Needless to add that the applause was deafening like hundred thavils.
Once the name was finalized other details were worked out very quickly.the forum will have the following subheads:High dignitaries, sabha secretaries, disciples and sishyas,awards, overseas operators, concert reviews by rasikas and press ,sponsors ,unauthorized recordings,general discussions .
To mark the conclusion of the meet, someone sang as the last item the Varnam viriboni in Bhairavi. I got up and slowly sneaked out . when I was at the gate, I felt as though someone was calling my name repeatedly. I stopped and returned. soon I realized that the singer is doing neraval on the name of the presiding deity of Mannargudi as written by pachimiriam audiappa who does not know me.. Anyway, I took this opportunity to take off my shyama sastri mask and returned it to the office.
On my way back, I was speculating and wondering what these vidwans are going to share in their forum.I casually opened my i pad and type WWW. geethvid .org. Lo what a surprize!!The first ever posting was already there under the head General discussion. You can read it :

Harikamaboji ; --Sometime back I was invited to perform in a reception.The multimillionnaire boss is a powerful tamil political leader Philanthropist
(oxy-MORON ??). The occasion is to celebrate his successful return from an European tour of France (including NATURALLY Switzerland , italy )
It was a fabulous reception arranged at the Zamindar ´s garden . The concert started in time.The boss entered after about 20 minutes, bringing with him his foreign acquisition ( no no not a french girl , ) a pet dog.All the invitees got up and greeted him respecfully.Many were cajoling the dog to please ¨his Master’s voice ¨some distinguished ladies exhibited their admiration and affection to the pet sharing with it some of the delicacies on the table. He proudly announced that he got this from original Alsace. He is much attached to it ,hence the noble canine was not attached with any leash. After a casual round he came to me close to the stage and discreetly requested me to sing a song praising him and particularly the dog.My worries started Well, part 1 of the request is easy, but how about part 2. ? I could not get any idea. time was passing. I consulted my accompanists but of no use. what to do.? I saw him moving around. telling about his fatwa to many friends in the party . They were all staring at me expectantly. one , two three songs, every time they were hoping that the next item would be that. No the disappointment was writ large . In utter despair, I prayed to God( reverse to dog ) and I started thinking loudly:
நாய் வந்த ……. நாய் வந்த …. நாய் வந்த
all faces were looking at me. Till i get something I was decided to do the neraval...suddenly an idea flashed in my mind.
பய நாய் வந்த
தவ பய நாய் வந்த
செய்த தவ பய நாய் வந்த
தமிழ் நாடு செய்த தவப்பயனாய் வந்து அவதரித்தாய்
papanasam Sivan´s composition in Harikambhoji in praise of Subramania Bharathi saved me ; “paa maalai kinai undo”.
My hearty thanks to those poets and my heartfelt apologies to them for dismantling the words as neraval.
Needless to say that I was paid ten times my fees. But I shudder to think what would have happened to me If I could not make it.
வாழிய செந்தமிழ் வாழ்க நற்றமிழர்
this is the real end.

epilogue : this is a sample post in the sangeetha vidwans/ vidhushis thread.
Now the Rasikas have double options.If they feel much concerned about the vidwans they can do their post in the new thread assuming a ragaś name. Open to all.
DOUBLE THANKS to Chellappa and Arasi,though belated.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Aptly, the varna(nai) concluded in bhiravi. Congrats.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

thanks again chellappa
ponbhairavi

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Here is vidwan Varali, who wants to share his views on a concert in our thread geethvid.org.

Varali:-though a standard vidwan myself, I never miss to attend any concert of my beloved GURU who is my idol.I would have said my god ,but my GURU does not like to be called god.!Yesterday I attended his performance Guess where ? You cannot It was not at any sabha. It was at the madras beach. needless to say it was a free concert for the fisherman community. He is bent on taking CM as an art form to the masses.He has a soft corner for this downtrodden community, because the Mylapore brahmins and the Triplicane Ayyangars are responsible for the poverty and plight of the fisherman community.When I asked him how, he countered me with a question : Has any brahmin ever purchased fish or prawn from them.?That is why their livelihood stands affected..
When the program started , he took the mike and announced: today you won’t hear any composition of the Telegu trinity, nor tamil trinity,nor knnada nor marathi trinity.Arethey the only repository of CM? It is a new composer whose name you won’t find in BMS and Kannan handbook..The theme of the song is also unique. Are we not fed up with the same old songs
repeated ad nauseam,, songs of Krishna chasing gopi dears, or Rama chasing golden deers.? Religion and its tales are not necessary for the art CM. The Hero of my song is a poor common man of the masses. Why not ?. I want social revolution through music revolution. People applauded on hearing the word revolution. If an actor can be called puratchi nadigar, why cannot a musician.?
He straightaway started the song;It was in tamil, so I followed it easily >

யாரோ இவர் யாரோ ?
என்ன பேரோ அறியேனே .

கார் உலாவும் சீர் உலாவும் சென்னை பீச் ( beach ) இல்
கையில் கூடையுடன் சுண்டல் விற்கும் இவர்…..யாரோ .
சந்திர பிம்ப ஒளி மங்கலிலே
என்னை தானே தொடர்கிறார் நிழல் போலே
அந்த நாளின் பழக்கம் போலே உரிமையாய்
இந்த நாளில் வந்து சுண்டல் தருகிறார் … யாரோ இவர் யாரோ..,

Needless to say that there was thunderous ovation as it reflected every one’s experience.

allowing ample time for the ovation to subside, he took the mike again and announced. I am not going to sing rtp. Nam thom thom nam thom thom thaanam has no meaning. But I will do a neraval which is applied with your life style. After adjusting the sruthi and keeping the suspense for a few moments . he sang the glorious neraval:
ஏலேலோ ஐலசா ஏலேலோ ‘
With just three word repeated fifty times with different sangathis and in different raagas,, he wove a multi colored atmosphere where all the rasikas joined in chorus towards the end. The bhajan sampradaaya has succeeded in conditioning our audience reflex a la Pavlov.
… Oh it was two hours of aesthetically pure community art music with social commitment.!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

'kaiyil kUDaiyuDan suNDal viRkum ivar'--yArO? is simply irresistible. Who wouldn't sing it? :)

krishNA chasing gOpis dear and rAmA chasing golden deer... :lol:

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Mama! Simply superb!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Arasi.
Thanks. I wanted to lighten the surcharged tense atmosphere
rshankar
Many thanks
To both of you
While still on Arunachala kavi, i am keen to know your views on my interpretation in eppadi manam thunindhadho.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Tolerance

A big procession of over 1000 people was advancing in a broad road in chennai blocking the traffic as usual. As a journalist when I went close,I was surprised to find many top carnatic musicians in the front. I could not guess what the musicians can be agitating for, Increase in honorarium for every increase in the cost of living index? Free air or train travel concessions like M Ps.?
I asked one of the leaders the cause.

Don’t you know about what happened last week in the aesthetic sangeetha sabha? The audience made a huge hue and cry for nothing and mauled the sabha secretary.
yes I know.The sabha hall had a shamiyana cloth roofing with plenty of holes in it and when it started raining the audience was completely drenched so they protested,
How can they protest?Is the sabha expected to provide500 umbrellas?They should show some tolerance.Are they sugar to get dissolved in water.?
no . but….
Again look at what happened at another sabha three days back. In the middle of a concert a young man suddenly got up and pounced upon a young girl sitting in the row in front of him.,pulled her sari and manhandled her,( though in the known side effects of CM propensity for violent physical outbursts has not been reported so far)
I said, when the neighbours intervened and separated the two,the young man with a beaming look showed a small recording device which he had retrieved from its hide out
The musician retorted angrily it is an act of utter lack of tolerance on the part of the young man who is an ardent sishya of the singer who has planted several such persons at strategic points in the hall to prevent illegal copying.
I agree but ..may be she thought it is her individual liberty to wear anything she pleases ,a jimiky, a necklace ., a padakkam, or an electronic gadget
You know the police has booked the fellow on a rape charge, which has resulted in the loss of his individual liberty which again shows lack of tolerance by the audience and the police
i added: and also of the vidwan to protect his right.
I will tell you another act of terrible intolerance by the audience.A couple of days back in the middle of a concert some thirty people got up en masse and started walking out when the imaginative singer started a T P R, I mean a thaanam to be followed by pallavi and concluded with a raga alapana.. It is an act of utter intolerance which infringes in the singer s liberty ,
May be the audience thought it is their liberty to go out any time , I said.
No the public intolerance is becoming intolerable and that is why we award bearing musicians have decided to take out this procession. and at the end of it decided to surrender the titles and awards given to us.
I tried a pacifying tone and said you see , this has been happening since a long time and may be your act is a bit precipitated particularly since you are not directly involved.You can exhibit some tolerance ….
We would have if we had been a mediocre citizen like you. But we are privileged intellectuals and artists upon whom God has entrusted the task of guiding the destiny of mankind. So we cannot keep quiet and tolerate the intolerable which would lead to the tyranny of the intolerant.
what do you propose to do?
As you see we are all award holders of Sangeetha Rajamani. we are going to return our awards protesting against the growing intolerance in the society. Then the intolerant will feel ashamed and change their nature and society will immediately become alright.
Are you headed to the music sabha now?
No we are going to the jewellery store of Thangavel and Vairavel bros. He is a great phi;lanthropist and It was he who gave us the birudu.
Suppose he advises you to be tolerant towards the intolerant for some time, will you take back the awards?
No question But, Inthe interest of universal peace, we would put forth a via media solution.We will surrender the awards but he should confer upon us the title of äward thyagis which would entitle us to a monthly thyagi pension.
Anyway it is heartening that you sangeetha vidwans have such a mass following of supporters.
supporters ? you are totally wrong. only the first 4 rows are musicians.

and the rest of them all ?
Go and ask at the fourth row , he said bitterly. Yes there was unmistakable bitterness in his voice
I hurried to the fourth row and told a leader: I am glad that so many of you are supporting the award -holding vidwans in their crusade for tolerance .
Pat came the reply:WE are neither supporters nor crusaders. We are mere rasikas only. we will be too glad if they are ripped off their titles. This is a good opportunity for us to make sure that theyREALLY surrender the titles which in our opinion they do not deserve. We want to ensure till the end that they do not go back on their decision under any pretext or compromise.!!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Ha ha ha !
Tolerable tolerance .
Thanjavooran
08 11 2015

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Rajagopalan sir
You are simply superb .You writing anecdotes connecting with the present news items is wonderful. By the way I heard thru grapevine that there is also another protest march in Pondichery culminating in one of the oldest sabhas of Pondichery. ;)

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sorry, repetition of the post below...
Last edited by arasi on 09 Nov 2015, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

um kaTTukkadaigaLin thaTTi ezhuppum nagaichuvai vegu arumai :idea:
paTTuppuDavaigaLai viTTu viTTIrE?!
(Your stories with their thought-provoking humor are something to savor. You spared the silk saris, though!).

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

thanjavooraan: thanks. I hope to continue until Rasikas.org plan a protest march
rajeshnat:Thanks.My imagination should find a way how to dodge.
Arasi; Manythanks;சரி, சரி sorry about the sarees. Arasi did you know, you are five in one : rasi ,raasi, sari, saari. ( yenna) saria ?
kamban' s verses have immortalized the number five

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Ponbhairavi(aka Rajagopalan Sir)-- I do not have the Pandithyam, or Kavithvam like Arasi,Thanjavooran or Rajesh--but in my own humble way my Pranams to you!! More power to your "penmanship"- this word may be -a bit archaic in these days with the digital revolution!!

I enjoy posts like these which "sprinkle" harmony instead of "spewing" vitriol!!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ponbhairavi,
வரி வரியாய் எழுதுகின்றேன், சரியென்கிறீரே?
வரிந்து கட்டிக் கொண்டு வருபவர் எத்தனை பேர்!
பெரிய மனதுடன் சொல்லுகிறீர், சிறியவள் நானாலும்--
வரிப் புலி வரும், வார்த்தைகள் தடிக்கும், தடியடியே, போம் :)

Sridharanga,
Relished your lines (in another thread).

Ramesh (MKR),
Pleased to see you here! 'poDi vaithu' is the expression--but ponbhairavi's writings have that 'french vaithu' quality--one of a kind!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

MKR
Many thanks for your encouraging words Sir.
Rajagopalan

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

A wedding reception dinner. the server Muthu is busy
-Annavukku “ razam “ -mysore “razam ΅ - then next:
-annavukku “aBBaLaam “ one more -äBBaLaam “
the chief cook who was watching and supervising shouted
-”daaye, Muthu, it is not aBBaLaam azhuthi solluda aPPaLaam “
Muthu replied : “azhuthinaal noringi poydume anna “

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Fourth pillar.

Incessant rain !!. I am not able to go out.. Inundation and floods have crippled the normal life.. To assess exactly the gravity , our media is there to help us. Somebody said the media is the fourth pillar which sustains any democracy..I would go one step further and say that our indian media is not simply a pillar but it is a caterpillar which no one dares to touch.I switched the T.V. on. Our visual media channels focuss our attention to the most important priorities and showcase only the crux of the gravest problems affecting mankind at the national and international scene.,
My T.V showed the water logged chennai streets and the floating huts. some of the roofless children,oblivious of the gravity of the situation were smiling innocently at the tv camera. Next the camera moves to show very grim faces of persons wearing coats and suits sitting in a/c conference rooms of a posh hotel at mount Abu in front of plates of roasted cashew nuts and glasses of red drinks( tomato juice or wine ?)Sorrow and misery are written large on their faces. They are the owners of five star hotels of chennai who are appalled at the non availability of tomatoes which is the life wire of their business. We see the mike of our tv correspondent thrust in front of the mouth of their spokes person.swallowing the cashew nuts .With an air of deep mourn he moans that “ if the situation continues for one more week we will all become paupers. Our future is bleak. We cannot imagine our destiny of becoming beggars in the streets of madras queuing up for the tokens of Amma sappaadu thittam at the temples.”
Too much gloom...I switched over to another channel.
A sprawling bungalow of a cinema actress.. She was taking the tv reporter round her devastated garden. See I love these plants more than my husband (fourth ). I got all of them from various parts of the universe at astronomical cost !!flowers of all hues and colour.!!The camera lens took us round the garden where most plants were uprooted or damaged.She wept near a plant with a small dying bud.The camera showed her face , tears rolling down her glycerined eyes, on her fluffy cheeks , the flow moving down her neck, and still down below, wetting her scanty dress jointly with the rain drizzling from above..” I have fired my gardener” .Now she is completely drenched . as she was not wearing a swimming suit as in a movie shooting, Her dress clung to her body,the camera lens following her swaying walk into the drawing room. As her dog groaned lugubriously she immediately fell to the ground and embraced the lucky quadruped.. She caressed the pet drawing it close to her chest.the camera lens took the view from various angles. She looked up at the camera and sobbed inconsolably. The tears which inundated from her eyes bathed the dog in warmth and flooded the drawing room.The expert high definition camera lens did not fail to catch all the salient angles which will be telecast repeatedly 100 times a day for the next 15 days.what more proof is needed to describe graphically the plight of the people!.Anger flashed for a second in her eyes when she said that she is going to divorce her ( placeholder ) husband --- V K is the usage appropriate ?.... for having failed to stock adequate quantities of tomatoes to make soup for this வாயில்லா பிராணி !!
Emotionally upset ,I switched the tv off
let me go to the print media, I opened a tamil newspaper and read the headlines.

மழை நிற்கும்வரை இடை விடாத சங்கீதம்.-- -தொடர் போராட்டம் .
-இடம்: சென்னை வானிலை நிலையம் .(meteorological station) which I read wrongly as சென்னை வானொலி நிலையம்.
-தொடக்க நிகழ்ச்சியே ஒரு கின்ன்ஸ் சாதனை.
-தலைக்கு மேல் ஒரு தக்காளியை வைத்து கொண்டு அது கீழே விழாமல் முக்கால் மணி நேரம் பாடி அசத்தினார் வித்வான் !
-இசை நிருபர் கேள்வி:-டி.எம் .கிருஷ்ணா, சஞ்சய் சுப்ரமணியன் போன்ற பெரிய பெரிய வித்வான்கள் கூட செய்ய அஞ்சும் இந்த சாதனையை நீங்கள் எப்படி செய்தீர்கள் ?
-எல்லாம் எ ன் குருநாதர் அருள்..
-யார் உங்கள் குருநாதர் ?
-கரகாட்ட கலைமாமணி முக்கால் மணி.
-அது என்ன முக்கால் மணி?
- இரண்டு நிஜக்கால் -ஒன்று பொய்க்கால் அது மரக்கால் - மணி என்பது அவர் பெயர். கவனித்தீர்களா ஏன் கச்சேரியும் முக்கால் மணி நேரம் தான்.
நீங்கள் பாடிய பாட்டு என்ன ?
ஆடாது அசங்காது வா ..--வேங்கடகவி.

பத்திரிக்கையில் வானிலை எச்சரிக்கை : கடலில் மையம் கொண்டிருந்த காற்று அழுத்த தாழ்வு மண்டலம் ஒருக்கால் தீவிரமடைந்து நகரக்கூடும்.. அவ்வாறு தெற்கே நகர்ந்தால் இலங்கையிலும்,வடக்கே நகர்ந்தால் ஆந்திரா கடலோர பகுதிகளிலும் மேற்கே நகர்ந்தால் தமிழ் நாட்டிலும் காற்றோடு கூடிய மழையோ அல்லது மழையோடு கூடிய காற்றோ சில இடங்களில் அதிகமாகவும் சில இடங்களில் பரவலாகவும் ஒருக்கால் பெய்தாலும் பெய்ய கூடிய வாய்ப்பு உள்ளது என்பதை மறுப்பதற்கில்லை.

எச்சரிக்கை 2-----அப்படி மழை தொடர்ந்தால் இந்த கட்டுரையும் தொடரக்கூடிய வாய்ப்பு இருக்கிறது -உஷார் !

arasi

Post by arasi »

Please hold!
Place held :)

Kokilam had no idea his 'place holder' was going to hop skip and jump to other threads!
I said, please hold. au contraire, rain or not, let your humorous tales of irony keep coming :)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Let me see the next tv channel:It is famous for its astute political analysis where four or five people, shout at the same time at the top of their voice and no one could hear what the other is saying.my mother said that she is very sure that one of the ஆவேசம் வந்த participant is telling nothing but ஆறுமுகனுக்கு அரோஹரா ஆரோஹரா ஆறுமுகா
A young leader vehemently said: I hold BJP responsible for this deluge in T N. I accuse them for having made the clouds empty all their annual content at one stroke in TN.This is a political blackmail plotted by RSS and Shiv Sena. andd the saffron brigade Saamiyaars
-the anchor:Is not rain a natural phenomenon which is beyond anybody’s control including violinists.
-No I will prove my point. Pl answer my question:was there flood in TN last month before the bihar election result
-No
-See the trick. What more proof do you want?
Most of the BJP leaders wear sweaters in winter and eat butter. This is a sweater butter Raj…
I changed the channel
This is a tamil channel.- a real media.The camera showed the extent of floods, bridges submerged,autos stranded, huts floating buffaloes swimming. It was really pathetic. Some of the shots looked exactly the same as what I saw during the kedarnath floods a couple of years ago.--may be they are the same,--after all water has no colour or date like terror no religion.
Next the camera brought into focus a dothy clad MLA wading through knee deep water.
followed by scores of his partymen and an auto with a placard “ வெள்ள நிவாரண பணி”
​ -”packets containing everything needed for a full family gifted to each and everyone.”
He gave a packet ,hugged the octogenerian பாட்டி ,begged the young boys with folded hands,, gave a sympathetic smile to the girls and a paternal pat to the kids , gentle caress to the cows,
All these actions were brightly seen in HD clarity with the gushing water background.. At last here is a real people’s representative. who is spending his constituency improvement fund for a fitting cause. At one stage the inquisitive camera lens lagged behind near a young boy impatiently opening the gift bag. expecting at least a mini bottle of drinking water.. The camera showed the contents in unbiased neutrality.
: a packet of unpopped pop corn, which can be popped in a minute in any microwave oven a plastic குங்கும சிமிழ் , a மத்தாப்பு பெட்டி a free pass for the AN cinema ( as the schools and colleges are closed ) and also a calendar for 2016.!! ( everything needed for a full family slogan is indeed how true.)

enough TV.I opened an english newspaper.
Beauty parlour owners are in utter despair.!!. எங்கள் வாழ்வு ஆதாரமே போய்விட்டதே
how to survive without tomatoes ?they are the prime material needed for our business.. A young lady clarified:We extract juice from tomatoes and treating it with some Amazone herbals we make a lotion which we rub on the cheeks of young girls for 2 to 3 hours until we get the purple shine…
I opened a tamil newspaper.
அறிவு ஜீவிகள் ,கவிஞர்கள் , பிற்போக்கு சிந்தனையாளர்கள் பேரவை கூட்டம்.
-பிற்போக்கு சிந்தனையா ?
-ஆமாம் , நாங்கள் நாட்டை பழைய நிலைக்கு கொண்டு வர விழைகிறோம்.
-அதாவது காந்தி ,நேரு காலத்து இந்தியாவா?
-அதற்கும் முந்திய நிலை
-பிரிட்டிஷ் அரசு காலத்து இந்தியாவா ?
-இல்லை அதற்கும் முந்தி இருந்த நிலை
-மொகலாயர் காலமா?
-அதற்கும் முந்திய காலம்
ஒ சங்க காலத்தை சொல்கிறீர்களா?
-ஆமாம் அதே தான். தமிழன் தலை நிமிர்ந்து இருந்த காலம்.
இன்றைய கூட்டத்தின் நோக்கம் என்ன.
தக்காளி கூட தர முடியாத அரசு தேவையா இல்லையா ? என்பதை பற்றி பட்டி மன்றம் போட்டு விவாதித்து செயல் ஆக்குவது
என்ன தீர்மானம் .?
எங்கள் முழக்கம் மூன்று :
1-தக்கார்க்கு தக்காளி தாராமல் எக்களித்தால்
வாக்களித்த மக்கள் ஓக்காளிப்பர்
2-தக்காளி இன்றி தத்தளிப்போர் எஞ்ஞான்றும்
பப்பாளி கொள்வாரோ பகர் .
3-தனி ஒருவனுக்கு தக்காளி இல்லை எனில்
இத் தரணியை தகர்த்திடுவோம்
-மூன்றாவது கொஞ்சம் தீவிர வாதம் போல் தோன்றுகிறதே ?
-இல்லவே இல்லை. நாங்கள் வன்முறையால் என்று சொல்லவில்லையே. வெறும் கவிதைகள் எழுதியே அதை நிகழ்திக்காட்டுவோம்.
- சரி உங்கள் அடுத்த செயல் திட்டம் ?

!-இக்கவிதைகளை பல லட்சம் பிரதிகள் அச்சடித்து வெள்ளத்தில் பாதிக்க பட்ட ஒவ்வொரு வீட்டிற்கும் சென்று எங்கள் தொண்டர்கள் விநியோகிப்பார்கள்..
2-நாங்கள் ஊர்வலமாக சென்று எங்களுக்கு கொடுத்த விருது களையும் கல்வி பட்டங்களையும் கடலில் கொண்டு கரைத்து விடப்போகிறோம் .மழை நீரெல்லாம் அங்கு வந்து தான் சங்கமம் ஆவதால் மழை உடனே நின்றுவிடும்.

படித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் போதே கண் அயர்ந்து விட்டேனோ ?புழுக்கம், பதறி எழுந்தேன் .மின் விசிறி இல்லை , மின்சாரம் இல்லை...சம்சாரம் மாதாடி கொண்டிருந்தாள் micro wave oven னை விட்டு காஸ் தீரப்போகும் அடுப்பை .முற்றும் நனைந்த நெருப்பு குச்சியால் பற்றவைக்க.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Canadian geese, canadian geese!
From our climes fly to tamizh nADu!
Where our kinsmen are stranded--
With neither fuel nor a fair life--

For ever thirsting for water,
This extra bounty from heaven fazes--
TeppOtsavam at the temple, fine--
At their very doors? When will it stop?

Tell them, canadian geese, please!
We are with them in heart and spirit
with snow shovels in our hands, yes!
Don't play amritha varshini even here!

*Based on satti muttip pulavar's nArAi, nArAi sengAl nArAi

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Deleted

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Sangeetha dollarnidhi.

Sangeetha dollarnidhi is a prestigious award given by the L.A (Los Angeles)
Music "Pucca"demy of. U.S.A to deserving carnatic musician. Like Nobel Prize the sangeetha dollarnidhi is a coveted dream of all carnatic musicians. Though it is unquestionable and unparalleled, every year when the award is announced it is questioned and subjected to vehement dispute -like nobel prize again .
Personally I am greatly disappointed when I read the announcement of this year's award .pinnacle of injustice! Nobody can be more deserving than me . This years' awardee- I consider it below my dignity to even utter his name- is a chota as compared to me , a giant.He cannot even put the thalam properly when I sing ( even under the duress of pal vali -I mean tooth ache due to constant usage of betel and tobacco, my only weakness- )a complicated pallavi Chakra viyugam from which no violinist or mridangist can extricate himself. In those days i learnt music through skype from vidwans in tamil nadu! Now i have hundreds of stodents in chennai who learn music from me through face time.
Let me tell you that I was born on the banks of Mississippi , the cradle of culture which has produced illustrious musicians artists etc. Name any american city worth the name, New Jersey, chicago, San jose, Houston ,Cleveland etc...my concerts there have thrilled and benumbed thousands of rasikas, including any or all sangeetha vidwans from the land of the double Trinities - visiting USA. Needless to say that I am a regular visitor to the Madras music season.I never miss the Tiruvarur trimurthi festival nor the Tiruvaiyaru -(that cleveland of south India )-araadhana .where they invite me by paying me business class airfare. Some jealous colleagues even call me migratory musician , as like some of those alien avians of vedanthangal , I quit
US in the snowy season to spend several months floating in the warmth of south indian music lakes.
All the same my deeper roots are in India as my forefathers were born there in the Tanjore district in an orthodox brahmin family.but have migrated here , having been pushed out , fortunately for us ,by the agnostics of the self respecting dravidian movement. It is no fault of us as the kazhagam leaders who drove out brahmins have also unconsciouly without meaning it driven out the best of the scientific brains who have better respects here and are now visiting profs to various indian universities.
When the devotee kanikannan was sent out of kancheepuram the Perumal also rolled up his snake bed and followed him.To day we see that all gods are installed in temples here along with the migrants.religious scriptures and vedas are more respected here and flourish in this virgin soil. Who is to blame.?
Now even some sangeetha vidwans In India are alarmed that the standard of real carnatic music has gone down and hold the brahmin community responsible for this downfall. In a sense they are right as the brahmins who have migrated have taken with them this art form with religious respect. To resuscitate the leading vidwans of tamil njadu propose to adopt ( sweekaaram ) one boy and one girl from fisherman and other dalit community and are busy pumping into their vein intensively their musical skills.No doubt the result will be seen in a couple of decades . Once these neophytes attain a good level of proficiency there is every risk of their aspiring to the award of sangeedha dollar nidhi even marrying a brahmin american and aspire for a green card.

When I was pondering over these grave issues of future of carnatic music in tamil nadu and U S , I got a message that the government of India is going to award me the Bharat progressive thinkers Ratna award.
Naturally I was furious ......NO....NO.. , I shouted, I do not want any consolation prize ... Certainly. Not .. I would walk up to the president and return this award.In great anger I quicked at something near my leg reach...
" What nightmare were you reeling in with a news paper on hand, and shouting " cried my wife .
Oh. , all in a dream ,,!!

Sent from my iPad

arasi

Post by arasi »

PB,
Reve reve reve, dream dream dream!
Save CM from running away from itself!

But wait!

Brave brave brave are the newbies--
Being drawn to it, they stick with it--
Coming even from across the globe for it
Making this fine art an eternal stream

The classicists, core musicians go on
As tradition itself has done from yore
Others expand the vista without straying
Making music vibrant and mighty healthy

With fine rasikAs, the never-die sort,
Sponsors ready to dish out for this art,
Say, do we need to worry? As for artistes--
Do other sensible things, without any fuss

Yet, do not leave your music behind...:)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Rajagopalan sir
YOu have a great imagination bringing contextual relevance like the drama writer komal swaminathan .How about you writing the next one based on Gamakam Shruthi and Taalam - GST which is what every one is focused now.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Thank you Nick,Pattama, Rajeshnat,Thanjavooran,pratyaksham bala.
Arasi ,thanks for your poem.It provokes my thought on a couple of points,already touched upon in my earlier post albeit in an indirect way.
1- "Do we need to worry ?"
I have been listening to CMfor the last 60 years. I feel that CM is now in safe hands hale and healthy.As compared to the past the number of talented quality performers is 100 times more than what it was 60 years ago, the number of rasikas is 1000 times more. CM has grown out of its babasuit of childhood of the cauvery delta which has become too tight and is now shining in its youthful exuberance in the free Jibba in chennai , bombay, bengaluru , trivandrum and hyderabad.As a third stage we are able to see it spreading its wings to various continents of the globe.Music, like any other field, does not depend upon a single individual however great he might be and no one can say :" apres moi le deluge "
2-"do sensible things without any fuss, not leaving your music behind
CM , like any other art form ,( not at a dilettante level but at a high professional level,) is like a jealous , possessive wife who would not share her husband with any concubine.Many a musician have quit their I T , auditor or other profession ( some even a discordant life partner ) to devote themselves exclusively for this art.
Prudent musicians always remember that a sword of Damocles is hanging over their head and that their art career is precarious because a tiny bacteria or an invisible virus of this polluted world which enters their lung through their throat at the ubiquitous A/C enclosures or during a long plane journey is enough to upset their professional standing.
A musician may have excellent linguistic abilities but he should not forget that producing a book of 500 pages has robbed him of 1000 hours of music practice . Hence, No. NO Not now ,not at this stage of life whe he is one of the top.
T M K has said that his music is pure art form " art for art sake " and not an instrument of bhakthi. Now why should he allow it to be branded and glorified as a broomstick , a tool to cleanse the stinking garbage of caste based "social service " from where it will sink him in the field of politics.
I would tell him " Beware, Magsaysay is a golden deer" mArichan sent out by a distant Ravanan to serve his own political design.He should stand up and say I will not accept any award unless it is exclusively for my art music."
Last edited by Ponbhairavi on 04 Aug 2016, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Pdelete

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

To be added as the last sentence of the last para of my post at 202.

Because if he accepts the offer as it is worded now, it would mean that he accepts that music has a social purpose hence contrary to his concept of art for art sake.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Ponbhairavi wrote:T M K has said that his music is pure art form " art for art sake " and not an instrument of bhakthi
Well he also said that in a different way - that is this is not a religious music. I would agree with him - we have many religions ( meaning dogmas) within the pedagogy - many a guru has installed a terminator gene into their Sishyas endowing them with dogmas that made them not see the world as it changes and adapt and introspect what is indeed the core values they should carry forward etc. Those dogmas are the correct meaning of the word religion - not the rama and krishna in the lyrics. And we use the word "lyrics" as non-chalantly in the sense of another movie song lyric that is ordered by the producer.

TMK in his Jaya TV post margazhi MMU interview lectures about "finding love in life" and clarifies what he means by "love" to the Mamis of chennai as if they are prudish. Somebody from his family tree should have been there to stand up and tell this guy - "un toppul kodi arutta katti en kaila irukku" ( I have the scissors that cut your umblical cord!!) . Unna padikka vachu ALAkki!! - English mediattluE padikka veccha appanuku english teriyalennu solluvAnAm ( if they admit him to English medium school - he would come back and tell them they don't know English ) kind of a guy!

What a nit-wit!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

.A great social Revolution or The tail of two villages.

Panjakuppam is a typical coastal village with a population of about 450 fisherman families .many people think that it owes its name to the abject poverty of the people, but it is not so. It is so named because it is situated in the delta of five (pancha ) rivers or rather canals.in the present day rivers become mere canals and canals look like rivers. Unlike rivers devoid of water ,these canals are always full whether they flow or stagnate -though this water is unfit for any usage because these canals carry the discharge from the adjoining leather factories and all sorts of polluting factories including innumerable dhobi ghats all along -washing the dirty linens of urban civilisation in the open. These canals carry all their scum to the ocean and when they stagnate in rainy season ,the credulous boys of the village boast that their village is like Venice as told to them by some foreign tourists with mischievous sarcasm.
Just at the tail of the village in a poramboke area there is a small mound of accumulated sand and a granite slab lying thereon.. Pigs with their family and friends were seen enjoying with glee after their bath in the unholy waters,at the confluence of the effluents. Peta has ensured their unbridled multiplication and longevity ever since Shiva and Arjuna disputed the credit for killing one of their ancestors. Nobody knew what that mound is and the locals do not care about it , but not so the inquisitive tourists. One of them an amateur archeologist, casually found there, inter alia, a thermometer and a strip of unused antipyretic pills.He formed a theory that a good samaritan doctor who wanted to find a remedy to swine flu should have ventured there following an erring( infection carrying ) swine and he should have expired and someone who wanted to plant a tomb stone for him should also have died before completing his job - both victims of the terrible disease. As no villager has produced any proof to counter his theory, it became an assertion, and then a myth.
This archeologist is a wealthy Australian who lost his only son who went to India to attend the december music season and who succumbed to the swine flu . With his enormous wealth he founded a society to create awareness among the poor villagers in India called PETAR in VTWC,Poverty Eradication through active reformation in villages of the third world countries.) This society gives an award with sumptuous cash to social reformers who create awareness of prevalent age -old social evils.Under the aegis of this society a team of five experts was sent to panjakuppam to make an in depth study of the miserable condition and suggest practical solutions particularly in five aspects namely, Health ,education, civilisation, economics and culture. A local person was named as coordinator.
In the HEALTH aspect the team found that the villagers who are fishermen are quite healthy and immune to common infections.. But there is scope for further improvement the experts suggested the construction of an air conditioned gymnasium and a swimming pool. It was also suggested that each house should be supplied with a weighing balance and the villagers should be taught to maintain daily records of their post prandial weight so that it will give an invaluable clue in the event of cancer.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

A tail of two villages --part 2
From the point of view of EDUCATION the villagers know only the spoken tamil.They are ignorant of sanscrit which holds the key to the glorious past of india and also telegu which holds the key to the carnatic music .Further probe revealed that the brahmins are guilty of this catastrophe as they have prevented the gullible people from learning those languages with the ulterior motive of keeping the vedas and music to themselves.Ít is time that the village folks are taught these languages by german or american professors. These profs would also open up these villagers to the study of greek and latin so that they can have access to the wisdom of Aristotle and Seneca. On the Science angle they should be taught anthropology with special reference to dinosaurs , and also boolean algebra
The village inmates have a complete uncivilized look.These bare foot half naked persons should be encouraged to use socks shoes ,gumboots, woollen t-shirts to protect their chest and most essentially they should be taught how to knot a necktie, when going on hundreds of nautical miles. Womenfolks should be taught to use face powder lipstick, vanishing creams to protect them from sun strokes, body perfumes to exhale non fishy smells, nail polish and high heel shoes. Pipe smoking instead suruttu, and wine drinking will give them longer lifespan.
Their ECONOMICS is based on catching and selling fishes and salt production. This will never improve their financial condition even after thousand years..A radical diversification is needed.they should give up catching fishes and go in for getting pearls even waiting for several months.Sand business is the secret of the present day multi millionaires.. Our villagers can easily make fortunes by selling to housing contractors sea sands which is freely available to them,.they should also be told the great secret that adding a little of cod liver oil to the sand at the rate of 15 ml per tonne will prevent the steel rods from rusting..
It is noticed that there are innumerable cycle repair shops, two wheeler and automobile repair shops. But there is not a single aircraft repair shop even in chennai although hundreds of plane come and go from chennai everyday.To start the training module, our society should gift the village with a modern aircraft and spare the services of an aircraft technical expert to give them training.
CULTURE is the domain which needs immediate attention as they have been kept suppressed by several generations of upper caste people. First and foremost we have to create an awareness by working on their subconscious self.This will ignite the cultural revolution. A secret survey by a famous newspaper after the december season has revealed that abhang bhajan bhagavathars and harikata exponents earn huge income even more than reputed music vidwans. It is due to the fact that their season is spread throughout the year and their venue
(temples and bhajanai matams )are ubiquitous.. The village folks should be trained in this
art form .But there may be some folks who are secular minded and would like to keep art away from religion. For them the ideal is pure art carnatic music which is futuristic and has lot of scope. In either case they should be taught some basic carnatic music But.It is not easy to find a ,teacher for this, because most ofthe cm musicians are brahmins and obviously they will not reveal thetrue secret of their art to a low caste person. But we need not lose hope . There may be some exceptions..Actually there is a precedent: about 1000 years back, a sishya learnt a metaphysical secret from his Guru promising that he will not reveal it to anyone but the next minute after learning he went without any compunction to publicly reveal the secret shouting from gopuram top with respectful defiance not amounting to" guru drogam"

The PETAR studied this expert report and nominated a coordinator to implement the project.Money was no problem as the international trust was ready to spend any amount to the rehabilitation of this village as it is the pet project of the archeologist founder.Needless to say that the coordinator was an expert in all the aspects of the report. He came to the site immediately but he was stunned to find that there is no panjakuppam village.How can it disappear ? to be concluded

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Rajagopalan Sir
YOu are not just a great story teller you are also a great screen play writer and a tactful director . You left the interval at the right time by stating this as the last phrase
He came to the site immediately but he was stunned to find that there is no panjakuppam village.How can it disappear
By any chance did they conduct a pancha rathna krithi utsavam to celebrate CULTURE in panjakuppam near the village shores and was there a sudden tsunami that took the whole panjakuppam . I will wait for your second half.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

thank you rajesh, here is the concluding part

The perplexed coordinator made enquiries and learnt that the village was washed out in a sudden baby tsunami. How sad !He noticed a new flat complex in what was previously a poramboke land, and on enquiry he found that after the tsunami the villagers were all safely housed there and it was called Samudhra complex.
No more panjakuppam.he could not reconcile .utterly dejected he was erring around when suddenly his eyes fell on the mound and the granite slab about which he has read . How is it that the tsunami which washed out the entire village could not touch this small mound? Surely the doctor who laid down his life here for a social cause should have been a saint with mystical powers which even Tsunami could not touch.He blamed himself for taking this long to find out this simple truth. His lips murmured an old cinema song by chandra bapu.
¨ nAn oru muttALunga, romba nallA padichavanga nAlu pEru sonnanga….
Suddenly an idea flashed in his mind. Why not rehabilitate this samadhi of the anonymous saint doctor with the name of panjakuppam swamigal.? It was immediately put under execution and a samadhi started coming up.While supervising the construction his lips murmured : nAn oru muttALunga song.The song has such an irresistible charm that the small boys who wandered there joined him in the chorus.He made a neraval: nAn oru muttALunga .. neegaL ellAm muttALa ? the children were delighted and they repeated as in a bhajan: nAngaL yellam muttALunga ni oru muttALA.then they danced in circle as in a abhang divyanama sangeerthan
The construction over, the coordinator invited his boss the archeologist to come and inaugurate the samadhi of the panjakuppam swamigal,Who is the pioneer who wanted to create an awareness to the problem of swine flu.Needless to say that the inauguration was attended by all unorthodox musicians who were dreaming of a concert in australia. All of them have in no time learnt this song of a comedian “gem of a song” rightly called “panja rathnam”. Soon the place became a centre of pilgrimage for those who want to do social upliftment service. Our archeologist is so rich and influential and of course due to the grace of the saint swamigal the celebrations reached international proportions with viral speed with satellite celebrations: Chennayil panjakuppam, Newyorkil panjakuppam Sydniyil panjakuppam Paris il panjakuppam. The speciality of this “panjaratnam” is that anybody can sing it in any raga but the only restriction is that while singing the singer can wear any dress even a swimming suit or undergarments or even a "kovanam"but should not wear a dhoti because the dhoti is a relic of south indian brahminical hegemony
Samudhra complex could have obliterated the village but the NAME panjakupam has been rehabilitated throughout the world that is the power of music

P.S question: the title says A tail of two villlages where is the other one?
Answer : It is submerged in the ocean actually under the samadhi of panjakuppam swamigal remember Dwaraka, Tranquebar.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

நம் மீனவர்கள் பாடு மிகவும் பரிதாபம் !தென் கடற்கரையில் மீன் பிடிக்கச்சென்றால் அண்டை நாட்டு காரன் தொல்லை. வட பகுதி கடற்கரையில்
எண்ணெய் படலம் !மீனவர்கள் துன்ப வாழ்க்கையை பற்றி ஒரு கவிதை:

நடுக்கடலில், நள்ளிரவில் ...
மகிழ்ச்சி பொங்க நெடும் பயணம் மேவிச்சென்ற
எத்தனை மீனவர்கள் எத்தனை மாலுமிகள் ,அந்தோ,
துயர் மிகு அத்தொடுவானில் தொலைந்தே
போய்விட்டனரே ! சோக மிகு விதியின் கொடுமையிது!
நிலவில்லா மையிருட்டில் ஆழங்காணா அலை வெளியில்
கண்ணிலாக் கருங் கடலில் எண்ணிலா மாந்தர்கள்
நிரந்தரமாய் நீருக்குள் அழுந்திப் புதைந்து போயினரே!.

சிதைந்து போன தலைகளே
உங்களுக்கு உற்ற கதி யார் அறிவார் ?
பாதாள இருள் வெளியில் உருண்டு புரண்டு உலகறியாப்
பாறைகளை உயிரற்ற உங்கள் நெற்றியியால் முட்டி த்
தள்ளிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறீர்களே ! நாளொன்று தவறாமல்
கடலோரம் வந்து வராத உங்கள் வருகையை
எதிர்பார்த்து எதிர்பார்த்து தம் ஒரே கனவும் நிறைவேறா
ஏமாற்றத்தில் உயிர் நீத்த வயோதிக
பெற்றோர்கள் தாம் எத்தனை பேர். !

கண் விழித்திருக்கும் இரவுகளில் சில சமயம்
உங்களைப் பற்றிய பேச்சு வரும் .
கரை மணலில் அரை குறையாய் ப் புதைந்து கிடக்கும்
பழைய துரு ப்பிடித்த நங்கூரம் ஒன்றினைச்
சுற்றி அமர்ந்து கூடி களித்திருக்கும் சில நாளில்
பழைய பாடல்கள் ,கேலி பேச்சுக்கள் ,வீர சாகசங்கள் ,
உங்கள் காதலிக்கு கிட்டாத முத்தங்கள்
ஆகிய இவற்றுடன் இணைத்துப் பிணைத்து
நிழல் படிந்த உங்கள் பெயரும் பேசப்படும் சில காலம் வரை .
நீங்களோ ஆழ்கடல் அடியில் பச்சைப் பாசி படுக்கையில்
படுத்து உறங்கிக் கொண்டிருப்பீர்கள் !

யாரோ கேட்பார்: எங்கே அவர்கள்? ஏதேனும் தீவு ஒன்றின்
மன்னர் ஆகி விட்டனரோ ? நம்மைக் கைவிட்டு
இதனினும் செழுமை மிகு இடம்
வேறெங்கும் போய்ச் சேர்ந்து விட்டனரோ ?
காலப்போக்கில் உங்கள் நினைவும் கூட மறைந்துவிடும் .
உப்பு தண்ணீரில் உடல் கரைந்து பொயிற்று
உள்ளத்து நினைவிலிருந்து பெயர் கரைந்து போயிற்று
தொடரும் ...

பிரபல பிரெஞ்சுக் கவிதைகள் ; VICTOR HUGO

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

நடுக்கடலில் நள்ளிரவில் ….(தொடர்ச்சி )

ஒவ்வொரு நிழலின் மீதும் அதனினும் கரியதோர்
நிழலைக் கொட்டி மெழுகி மூடிவிடும் காலனவன்
இருள் படர்ந்த கடலின் மெல் நினைவகற்றும்
மறதி எனும் போர்வையினைப் போர்த்திட்டான்

அனைவர் கண்களிலிரிந்தும் விரைவில்
உங்கள் நிழலும் மறைந்து விடும்.
அவர் அவர்க்கு அவர் அவர் பிழைப்பு இருக்கிறதே !
சிலருக்கு ஏர் கலப்பை சிலருக்கு கட்டு மரம்
ஆனாலும் புயல் காற்று பயங்கரமாய் கொக்கரிக்கும்
, இரவுகளில் நெற்றி வெளிறிய உங்கள் விதவைகள்
மாத்திரம் தனிமையின் வெறுமையில்
உங்களுக்காகவே காத்திருந்து காத்திருந்து
சலித்துப் போன பின்னும் கூட
உங்களைப் பற்றித்தான் பேசுகின்றனர் ,
கணப்பு தணல் மீது படிந்த சாம்பலையும்
தம் நினைவுகள் மீது படிந்த சாம்பலையும் கிளறியபடி.

காலப்போக்கில் கல்லறை அவர்கள் கண்களையும்
மூடியபின் உங்கள் பெயர் சொல்ல எதுவுமே இராது.
எங்கள் குரல் எதிரொலிக்கும் சிறு இடுகாட்டில்
எந்த வொரு மூலை முடு க்கிலும் சாதாரண
ஒரு நடுகல் கூட இல்லையே உங்கள் நினைவு கூர
குளிர் காலத்தில் உங்களுக்காக இலை உதிர்க்க
அழுமூஞ்சி செடி கூட இங்கில்லை !
தெருக்கோடி திருப்பத்தில் பழைய தோர் பாலத்தில்
அமர்ந்து ஒரு பிச்சைக்காரன் சம தொனியில் சோகமாய்
இழுத்து முனகும் தெம்மாங்கு பாடலில் கூட
உங்கள் நினைவு கூரும் வரி ஒன்று கூட இல்லையே !

இருள் சூழ் நள்ளிரவில் நடுக்கடலில் மூழ்கி
மறைந்து போன அக் கடலோடிகள் தாம் எங்கே ?
ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் அலை களே ! எத்தனை சோகக்
கதைகளைத்தான் நீங்கள் சுமந்து கொண்டு இருக்கிறீர்கள்.!
ஆழ் கடலே ! தாய் மார்கள் உள்ளங்களை உலுக்கி
மண்டியிட செய்யும் பாழ் கடலே ! நீர் ஏற்ற நாள்களில்
திரண்டெழுந்து வந்து எமக்கு அச் சோக க்
கதைகளைத்தான் சொல்லி செல்கின்றீர்கள் .
ஆம் மாலை பொழுதினிலே கரை ஏறி எமை நோக்கி
வரும் போது உங்கள் குரல் தழு தழுத்து
ஓலமிட அச்சோகம் தான் காரணம் .

VICTOR HUGO(1840)
பிரபல பிரெஞ்சு கவிதைகள்

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bala,
Kindly upload the cover of Ponbhairavi's translated novel (of Victor Hugo) here as well, so that those who do not browse the Literature forum (where you have posted it) get to see it. Thanks!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Deleted
Last edited by Ponbhairavi on 12 Aug 2017, 15:32, edited 3 times in total.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

https://sites.google.com/site/literaturefrench/
Please See the above blogspot for a cartoon by Thanu

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Error deleted

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Thanks for the caricature by Thanu. ( where did it appear?)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

An older friend of mine was kind enough to part with some of his precious collections of articles and pictures from Ananda vikatan of the 1940 es .

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Thanks. I think the persons shown are those who attended the First Tamilisai Conf held in Chidambaram. 1941, I think. So I guess the issue of Vikatan, you have shown, belongs to that year. Correct? I have read an article by Kalki about the conf , titled " chidambaram makaanaadu" . Was it in the same issue?

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Your memory is r.emarkable!!you are absolutely correct. But As it is only a collection of select articles including pictures,no full issue of any one vikatan is there.the lifco advt in one page shows it should be before 1941.i am attempting to send the a adal paadal katturai you have mentioned

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

duplication deleted
Last edited by Ponbhairavi on 14 Aug 2017, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Deleted

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

deleted
Last edited by Ponbhairavi on 14 Aug 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.