Rajagopalan: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas forum

Prominent critics and rasikas
Ramasubramanian M.K

Re: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas forum

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Hey CMLover/Arasi: It is unfair you should communicate in French--I have enough trouble managing 2 languages--English and Tamil--You cannot teach an old dog new tricks!!!
The late R.K.Narayan would have enjoyed Ponbhairavi--nay would have felt a threat to his writings!!!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

There's room for everyone on the Rasikap palagai (like the sangap palagai of the poTRAmaraikkuLAm in Madurai of yore)! We communicate and share, rather than compete. RKN would have put it better, of course.

Ramesh,
I didn't say it in french! However, Ponbhiravi being a retired french prof makes us want to say a few things in that language. I can't manage much of it, but CML is a pro, so is your namesake, Mahavishnu!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Cml;-Thanks.I am happy to learn now that you handle french also which I understand in all its nuances
. MKR;I am grateful for your spontaneous open mindedness.That my writing reminds you of O'Henry and R K N is itself a great compliment.
Arasi: Thanks. Your penchant for french is already well known to me in this forum.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

No No! I was forced to learn a smattering of french phrases being in a bilingual country!
My French is even worse than my Hindi :(
Nor am I a polyglot like Arasi who has a way with words since she has Saraswati (or ? Vinayaka more appropriately) kaDAkSham :)

smala

Post by smala »

Great piece, enjoyed it even if I didn't get all the names implied.

Small but funny slip of the finger/tongue :p

"...thavittu puNNaku togayal a special togayal which he makes with brawn and dry cake bits which are the bye products of gingili oil extraction."

thavittu puNNaku togayal, made with brawn (for our English-translation friends) would not only make Kshatriya King Connoisseurs in the audience swoon in cannibalistic ecstacy, might have them beamed up straight to the heavens in seated posture, especially if these are bye-products of edible oil extraction. :-! Incidentally, this togayal made from Brawn reminds me of something I read recently that is making waves with people...Dutch 'Vegetarian Butcher' transforms plants into 'meat' (see http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... 19414.aspx).

Perhaps there's a pre-requisite. Like Abhangs, Ponbhairavi's SK's creating a laundry list of sundry items in Brahmin Bhojanam need a point of departure from the norm - at least on one item, before landing on the Rasam?

..."and a high sense of humour."

I'd say a wry sense of humor.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Thanks, smala.
" A wry sense of humor"; or a sense of wry humor ?

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

What is bliss?
(A senior citizen to his son)
Happy is he who breathes his last in his house where he has lived all his dreams.
Lucky is he who dies without any debt yet leaves behind some savings ,however devalued, to his survivors.
Fortunate is he whose eyes rest as their last sight on the anxious faces of his kith and kin near and dear surrounding him
Blessed is he whose honest lifetime earnings of a few lakhs are not wiped out on one sweep in his last week.
“ Dear son , I SEE YOU now and I want the same sight before my eyes close for ever on your lap
Do not put me in I C U on any account.
Not only they take life and property but also they deprive me of my simple last wishes too.
The I C U’s white shroud wraps not only a muted dead body but also their lapses in air- conditioned impenetrability.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Even more blessed if
Eyes See You...
which get donated and continue to see You and the world..

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Ponbhairavi, I never felt like getting anything tattooed on my skin until I read that post.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Cml;as usual, you always go ahead of me and casually add something Which i missed to think about. !
Nick : You are absolutely correct. that is a safe way of expressing our opinion as we may not be conscious at that time." appOdaiku ippOdE solli vaithEn" .In our middle class families, when someone is sick,the so called relatives and passing-by friends vie with each other to suggest bigger and bigger names of corporate hospital as index of their concern. When there is some hesitation about the cost, they assert:
"panam yennaiyA panam; innikki pogum nAlaikiki varum, uyir varumA?" Neither the person who said that, nor the panam nor the uyir will be there
the concerned person has to sell himself out to take the dead body out of the hospital and beg and borrow to perform the last rites.

Ponbhairavi

music season, a short story

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Mods; If This is not the proper place it can be shifted to any other heading.

[*] Music season. review of an imaginary concert.

As I am a true rasika of CM , not a day passes without my reading about music,writing about music,fighting about music ,uploading, downloading ,classifying, indexing etc. why, .I even listen to music once in a whileThe eagerly awaited season has come! My research has led me to discover that maestros and stalwarts perform during the free concerts slots . I chose one of the best, and I was there in a vantage seat. On my right there was a conservative music mama (white dhothy,white jibba white strips on his forehead,and a vetrilai petti on his hand ( an ingenious camouflage for a recording device ), with his regular accompanist, a madisar mami. On my left there were two young boys soaked in revolutionary ideas about avant-garde music.
In the row in front there was a foreigners couple probably from Pondicherry.
Just before the screen could go up, the organizer came on the stage and said " warm welcome to all of you, I wish to forewarn you that this is NOT a concert."and went back.
The French lady got up telling " mon Cheri, I think we have come to the wrong place,
Let us go."
But before her bulky husband could get up,the screen rolled up revealing a mridangist, a vocalist, a violinist, with four tambura artists in between.All of them were sitting in a straight line(180 degrees to each other )parallel to the audience.Ah exclaimed my left neigh our, this is perfect equality of the artists fraternity whose individual liberty could be seen when they perform.The French lady turned back and smiled , and said, " vraiment !" The Frenchman who got up now sat down,:"they look very much like musicians;if this is not a concert,it does not look like a wedding reception either.let us wait and see "
The humming of the six tamburas filled the air in unison.The hall was submerged in shruthi undisturbed by any cough or sneeze.what a divine experience to start with exclaimed my left.it lasted for ten minutes though it seemed ages to me.
A short bulky vidwan entered the stage,and stood in the centre showing his broad back to the audience and waved his hands and fingers ostentatiously like an orchestral conductor.Immediately the mridangam started roaring.A reviewer in the front identified it as tisra jambai thalam by the "veechu". A thrilling Thani avarthanam for the next ten minutes after which the tala master who was standing so far, now sat down facing the vidwans. An exclusive tala man !. Quite correct. Why should the violinist strain himself by keeping the tala with his feet?why should the singer unnecessarily make his towel covered thigh muscle numb?why should some zealot in the front row , by putting a wrong thalam , misguide the mridangist, forcing him to strain his neck and turn his face towards the back screen for full ten minutes !?.The French lady appeared to be slightly annoyed that this tala man is obstructing the view.
The vocalist opened his mouth and started alapana of Sahana. What a delightful intellectual Sahana it was !All the contours nooks and corners of this plaintive raga came out in all hues It was crisp.I joined the audience in giving a thunderous applause.acknowledging it with nonchalant humility he turned towards the violinist who dished out a crisper alapana. The madisar mami murmured to her husband that he is going to sing giri pai.To her surprise he brought out a complicated pallavi:" Adhi nAdhan kEtkinrAn arali poovai tharavEndum"It was a marvel of tight rope walking with all its dissections and resuscitations assembling and disassembling which baffled the tala master. The spontaneous applause from my left and other knowledgeable experts confirmed the class of the vocalist and that of the pallavi.
Promptly he started another alapana.Right at the outset, my right side mama ,rightly identified it as husseni,as if it had an invisible beard.In the next ten minutes , husseini high jacked us to heaven.my left opined that it was more sensuous than intellectual , full of mesmerizing Bhava which touched the senses,and reached the soul via the spirit thus revealing the aesthetic prowess of the singer.after giving the raga a concluding final round up he looked at the violinist.
The latter took the bow but without putting it on the strings, he dropped the violin and the bow , and bowed to the singer like Arjuna in the battle field:
Anna , he exclaimed, "neengal ippadi pAdinathukku appuram , naan vAsikkirathukku yenna Anna bAkki irukku indha useniyilE
Suddenly the inspired violinist started singing:" nEtru andhi nErathilE, nIrAdum thuraiyinilE ". The music mama clarified that the violinist is also a good vocalist.The unflappable singer encouraged him to continue and very soon joined him as a duet.The madisar mami said that she is reminded of Alathur bros.The languorous Padam was so moving that the indolent mridangist stopped playing and wiped the tears from his eyes. So did many in the spellbound audience.To every one's surprise ,a young girl,fully clad in bharathanatyam attire,darted into the stage and started doing abhinaya in an ecstatic trance.The madisar mami clarified that she is the dancer scheduled to perform in the next program.she was sitting behind the stage listening .
She could not resist the appeal of the bhava and that dragged her onto the stage.my left neigh our added that she is an ardent rasika of the singer to whom she is distantly related.on seeing the bharathanatyam the French lady exclaimed: "Oh ,la ,la, qu'elle est charmante"The tala master who was performing the role of nandhi in more than one sense,uttered the jathis with punch.
Next the vidwan sang an abhang by which he took the audience on a pilgrimage tour to Pandarpur.:"sAdhu lAra mEru randi pandaripuram pothama ". With closed eyes , he sang it in such high bhajan pitch and tempo that his facial muscles underwent much distortions,as though an invisible dentist is extracting his molar ,forgetting to give local anesthesia.The same people who complained that the nandhi tala master was blocking the view, now felt that it is a fortunate relief.
The vocalist left Pandarpur and next took us to Badami and sang: "Vatapi Ganapathim Bhaje" as the last item of the program which brought the curtain down.
-" an unforgettable experience "
The Frenchman told his wife : Ma Chere, in the season you wanted to attend oneC M program one dance and one bhajan. Now you got all the three in one- tu comprends pourquoi il a dit que ce n'est pas un concert "
My left neigh our interjected " this is not a concert, this is TOTAL MUSIC.
- " C'est formidable" she said
That is it what more do you want? He exclaimed.
- A plate of idlis and sambar she said.
I felt that some one shook me and asked me to go out before the next program could commence.Then I realized the soporific effect of music.

Rajagopalan

rajeshnat

Re: music season, a short story

Post by rajeshnat »

PonBhairavi
This is like Jerome K Jerome Three Men in a boat

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Mods
Rajagopalan Sir has already a thread ,merge this thread with that
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18687

Post merging move that thread to Critics and Rasikas topic

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mon ami,
Fantastique!

Adi nAdan kETkiRAn, araLippUvaith thara vENDum! What a gem :)

sreecons

Post by sreecons »

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Most enjoyable :)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Many thanks, Rajesh,P.Bala,Arasi,Sreecons

Ramasubramanian M.K

Re: Rajagopalan: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas f

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Respected Ponbhairavi: Hilarious!!! Looks like the combined reincarnation of KALKI and DEVAN!!
look forward to more of the same!!!!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri Ponbhairavi
Excellent !
Thanjavooran
06 12 2014

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

My thanks.MK Ramasubramanian,Thanjavooran.
I feel flattered by the company of such Famous names.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Post 136
and sang: "Vatapi Ganapathim Bhaje" as the last item of the program which brought the curtain down".
"
dream come true quite fast
Wait for other predictions.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

MUSIC SEASON OF THE FUTURE.

We are in December. I was browsing the sunday newspaper.I wanted to go to a top class concert this evening.I saw an advertisement for a book release function.
“thOl(L) kAppiam “At first I overlooked it as I am not a tamil scholar.But the next few lines printed in bold red letters puzzled me and arrested my attention. “A book which is going to cause a total revolution in C M world.After reading, everyone of you will realize how much you have been living in fool’s paradise about C M and regret how much you have been an accomplice to social inequality today through the CM.”
This got me hooked.I went to the book release function with irrepressible curiosity to know how much foolish I have been so far,Thousands of people should have thought the same way because there was a large gathering. In the press preview the authors Kambi narayanan(reputed violin maestro so surnamed because of his mastery over the strings )and IndhOlAn(a mridangam maestro, who is so named because his caressing the thoppi itself is inimai(sweet) answered all the questions of the inquisitive pressmen. Given below are some of the questions and answers;
Q-why have you given the name of a tamil literary work to your book on music?
A-Pl read carefully. It is “thOl(L) kAppiam.” which means “epic of the leather “ as the book extolls the virtues of the instruments like mridangam,kanjira,tavil,dolky etc.
Q-It could also be read as “thOL kAppiam”?
A- Exactly,The shoulders are the most indispensable human part in C M .
Q-Why is a revolution necessary in CM ?
A-Revolution is the inescapable conclusion of inequality.See there are unpardonable inequalities in carnatic music at various levels.inequality among artists; why should the vocalist be given preponderance and centre stage.? why do we always say “music concert by so and so with the following accompanists” ? this results in inequality of importance(name announcements, garlanding ),inequality of honorarium, inequality of the language of the compositions( why should a particular language or composer get a lion’s share in a concert?) inequality of the rAgAs(why should some be called heavy like bhairavi,thodi etc.. and some light like behag,kunthalavarali ? This is the cause of inequality in the sequential order (although we acknowledge that some attempts are now being made towards equality of inter changeability ).
Q- How can you say that the vocalist and instrumentalist are equals? The vocal music is the central pivot of our musical tradition.
A- That tradition is an illusion created by Ariakudy and some others and that is the root cause of all our evils.
Q- cannot you leave his name out?
A- You cannot talk about total revolution without talking about guillotin.
Q -Why blame him if the tradition which comes down the ages was such ?
A-Because he belongs to particular community which has monopolized CM and prevented others to come anywhere near.
Q-But there have been many other genius in C M not belonging to that community.
A-Those are exceptions Which justify the rule.
Q-How can you say that a vocalist is not superior to an instrumentalist?
A- I will answer that question by another question.Knowledge,talent,imagination ,skill, being equal among the three artists in a concert how can you say that the vocalist is superior.?There are many violinists who are superior to many vocalists. So also about mridangists.
Q- But it is only the vocalist who utters the words of a sahithya and communicates the bhava.
A-Exactly we have proved in our book that the words are not important., the sahithya is not important,compositions are not important, religion and bhakthi bhava are not important.
Q- So you mean that the vocalist is just like any instrumentalist ?
A-Actually the vocalist is himself nothing but an instrumentalist.
Q- without any instrument ??
A-The vocal chords are his instrument.
Q so in this book you wish to dethrone the sanctity of the vocalist.
A- There is no sanctity in music. It is just an art for art’s sake.
Q-So what is your aim in this book ?
A- To ensure perfect equality among all the artists
Q-So what is your idea about a new type concert?
A -first the word concert is wrong. We propose the new name MUSIC AVIYAL
Q- Why this name?
A- this is a preparation where the name itself emphasizes the plurality of the vegetable components all of equal importance.
Q-How will you ensure equality on the aviyal platform. there should be one first and another next?
A-In our scheme all the artists will sit in a circle. So the beginning is also the end and hence in the performance pavamana can be the beginning and vatapi ganapathy the end.This is our revolutionary concept of circular aviyal.
Q-Some artist would then be showing their back to the audience.?
A-No the future auditorium would be like a football stadium- circular or elliptical
Q- Who is to begin the performance.?
A- In a football match the referee tosses the coin which decides the first to quick. In our system
all the names will be put in a ballot box and a person from the audience will pick one.
Q-If it happens to be the kanjira player’s name ?
A- So what that will be a sweet revenge for him. because in the present day concerts he is seen sitting doing nothing but sprinkling water occasionally to quench the thirst of the üdumbu thOl" which incidentally go also to refresh the bunch of flowers of the singer who sometimes turn to him and display a radiant smile by way of thanking., He will start a thala nadai,the next sitting person ,if he is the violinist will start a song in that thala and if the next person is the vocalist he will accompany the violinist simultaneously by singing the words of the composition and so on. by rotation.
Q- where will the thambura sit.?
A- She will be the centre of the circle and thus we propose to redress an injustice done to the thambura artists by so many generations by making her sit always behind.
Q who wil……
A Sorry gentlemen ‘ Time is up.If you still have doubts you can buy and read this book. or you can go to rasikas.org where we have our friends who are eminently loquacious who can answer any question about our concepts with massive verbiage of explanations and elucidations that will soon silence you.
Q - just a last one .When will be the first musical aviyal performance ?
A - On the first of April.
For me,Newspaper reading induces mid morning sleep ,an index of old age.
Last edited by Ponbhairavi on 15 Dec 2014, 10:56, edited 2 times in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

:ymapplause:

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Got it!
thOlkAppiam!

What a great name selected by the one and the only genius in the KM field!
There are 99 gems which I have identified already, which I will share with the rasikas shortly.

I know that another member is trying to identify 108 gems!
May He bless him and him!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

In another thread, which I keep meaning to go back to, it is said that the mridangam is only entertainment. Indeed an injustice waiting to be redressed!

I have one question about this circular format (but I suppose I will have to wait, and buy the book) and that is: what if one person simply goes on and on and on, and refuses to give way to the next? Let me stir the controversy pot here, with my certainty that it will be a tabla artist!

Or possibly a speech maker :))

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Thanks'Shanker'P Bala and Nick.
To answer Nick's query, I would say that there will be a set of beautiful cheerers (as in US basketball matches)They will go cheering all the way to the stage,with flower bouquets on hand (containing anesthetics used by train robbers in Andhra region)
They will shake the bouquets vigorously on the face of the culprit musician or speech maker who will be promptly benumbed.

arasi

Re: Rajagopalan: Multifaceted personalities of the Rasikas forum

Post by arasi »

A gem!
"We accomplices to social inequality" have been awakened!
"You cannot talk about revolution without the guillotin"...inspired words from vocal chords, I mean, gullet ;)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Arasi
thanks

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

காண்டாமிருகம்

“பகுத்தறிவின் “ துணை கொண்டு நடத்தும் “தர்க்க” ரீதியான விவாதங்கள் கூட சில சமயம் .அபத்தத்தில் முடிந்துவிடும்.. இதை காட்டுவதுதான் E. IONESCO ( 1912-1994) வின் காண்டா மிருகம் எனும் நாடகம் .இதிலிருந்து ஒரு உரையாடலின் தமிழாக்கம் .;

ழான் தன் நண்பன் பெரான்ழேயுடன் ஒரு பெஞ்சில் அமர்ந்து பேசிகொண்டிருக்கிறான்.பெரான்ழே உடல் வலிமையும் மன வலிமையையும் இன்றி சோகமான விரக்தியில் இருக்கிறான்.. அவனுக்கு தைரியம் ஊட்டுகிறான் அவன் நண்பன் .அவர்கள் அமர்ந்திருக்கும் இடத்திற்கு நேர் பின்புறம் ஒரு முதியவரும் ஒரு பகுத்தறிவு வாதியும் வந்து அமர்கின்றனர் .
தெருவில் ஒரு காண்டா மிருகம் ஓடுகிறது அதை கண்டதும் சிறிது பரபரப்பு . சில நொடிகளில் அதை மறந்து அவரவர் தம் போக்கில் ஏதோ உரையாடி கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

பெரான்ழே (ழானிடம்);--உனக்கு என்ன குறை நல்ல உடல் பலத்துடன் இருக்கிறாய் .
ழான் :-ஆமாம் எனக்கு உடல் பலம் இருக்கிறது.அதற்கு பல காரணம் ; முதலாவ தாக எனக்கு பலம் இருப்பதற்கு காரணம் எனக்கு பலம் இருப்பது தான்.மேலும் எனக்கு உடல் பலம் இருப்பதற்கு காரணம் எனக்கு மனோ பலம்
இருப்பது தான்..எனக்கு பலம் இருப்பதற்கு இன்னொரு காரணம் நான் குடிப்பதில்லை .நீ என் இனிய நண்பன். நான் உன்னை புண் படுத்த விரும்பவில்லை.ஆனாலும் உன்னிடம் ஒன்று சொல்லியே தீரவேண்டும் . உண்மையில் பார்த்தால்ல மது தான் நம் உடலுக்கு சுமை .

பின்புறம் அமர்ந்திருக்கும் பகுத்தறிவு வாதி (முதியவரிடம் )தர்க்க வாதத்தில் மிகவும் முக்கியமான ஒரு தத்துவத்தை சொல்கிறேன் : பூனைக்கு நாலு கால். புஸசி மியாவ் இவை ஒன்றொன்றுக்கும் நாலு கால்கள் ஆகவே புஸ்சியும் மியாவும் பூனைகள்.
முதியவர் :என்னுடைய நாயிக்கு கூட நாலு கால்கள் தான்.
பகுத்தறிவுவாதி :அப்போ அதுவும் ஒரு பூனைதான்.

பெரான்ழே (ழானிடம் ) உயிர் வாழ்வதற்கு தேவையான குறைந்த பட்ச வலிமை மட்டும் தான் என்னிடம் இருக்கிறது .அனால் அப்படி உயிர்வாழ்வதில் எனக்கு நாட்டமில்லை .

முதியவர் (பகுத்தறிவு வாதியிடம்)-ஆழ்ந்த சிந்தனைக்கு பின் -அப்படிஎன்றால் பகுத்தறிவு வாதப்படி பார்த்தால் என்னுடைய நாயும் பூனை தான்.
பகுத்தறிவு வாதி ( முதியவரிடம் )ஆமாம் தர்க ரீதியாக பார்த்தால் அப்படித்தான் . ஆனால் இதற்கு நேர் எதிரான கூற்றும் உண்மை தான்.

பெரான்ழே (ழானிடம்)- தனிமை எனக்கு சுமையாக இருக்கிறது . சமூகம் என்னை நசுக்கு கிறது .
ழான் : நீ சொல்வதை நீயே மறுத்து கூறுகிறாய்.. உனக்கு சுமையாக இருப்பது தனிமையா அல்லது சமுதாயமா.? ஏதோ பெரிய சிந்தனையாளன் என உனக்கு நினைப்பு .ஆனால் உனக்கு பகுத்தறிவு சார்ந்த வாதமே தெரியவில்லை.

முதியவர் (பகுத்தறிவு வாதியிடம் ) தர்க வாதம் மிகவும் நன்றாக இருக்கிறது .
பகுத்தறிவு வாதி ;- ஆமாம் அதை தவறாக பயன் படுத்தாத வரை .

பெரான்ழே (ழானிடம் )வாழ்வதே இயற்கைக்கு விரோதமானது .
ழான் :-தவறு தவறு வாழ்க்கையை விட இயற்கையானது வேறு எதுவுமில்லை . அதாரம் : உலகில் எல்லோரும் வாழ்கிறார்களே. !
பெரான்ழே :- உயிருடன் இருப்பவர்களை விட இறந்து போனவர்கள் எண்ணிக்கை அதிகம்..அது மேலும் மேலும் அதிகரித்து கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.உயிரோடு இருப்பவர்கள் அரிது
ழான் :இறந்தவர்கள் தான் இப்போது இல்லையே - இதை சொல்லிதானே ஆகவேண்டும் ( ஹா ஹா என உறக்க சிரிக்கிறான் ) இறந்தவர்கள் தான் உனக்கு சுமையாக அழுத்து கிறார்களா ? அவர்கள் தான் இல்லையே இல்லாதவை எப்படி சுமையாக முடியும்.?
பெரான்ழே :- நான் இருக்கிறேனா இல்லையா தெரியவில்லை .
ழான் :- நண்பா நீ இல்லை காரணம் நீ சிந்திக்க வில்லை . சிந்திக்க தொடங்கு அப்போது நீ இருப்பாய் .

பகுத்தறிவு வாதி : ( முதியவரிடம்) இதோ இன்னொரு தர்க்க ரீதியான தத்துவம் : “ எல்ல பூனைகளும் இறந்து போக கூடியவை - சாக்ரடீஸ் இறந்து போக கூடியவர் .ஆகையினால் சாக்ரடீஸ் ஒரு பூனை
முதியவர் ; ஆமாம் சாக்ரடீசுக்கும் நாலு கால்கள் . உண்மை தான். என்னுடைய பூனைக்கு சாக்ரடீஸ் என்று பெயர் .
பகுத்தறிவு வாதி : பார்தீர்களா அதான்..

சென்ற நவம்பரில் வெளிவந்த “இருபதாம் நூற்றாண்டு பிரெஞ்சு இலக்கிய வரலாறு “ எனும் என்னுடைய நூலில் இருந்து ஒரு பகுதி ( பக்கம் 246-248).

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

“என்ன நடந்ததோ அது நல்லதாகவே நடந்தது “
எனும் கொள்கை பிரெஞ்சு கவிஞர் VOLTAIRE க்கு ஏற்புடையது அல்ல

1755ஆம் ஆண்டு Lisbonne (Portugal) நகரை ஒரு நில நடுக்கம் தாக்கியது. அப்போது கவிஞர் voltaire எழுதிய கவிதையிலிருந்து ஒரு பகுதியின் தமிழாக்கம் :

பரிதா பத்துக் குரிய மனித இனம் !
துயர்மிகு உலக வாழ்க்கை ! ஐயகோ !
நாற்றமிகு பிணக்குவியல்கள்!
மீளாச் சோகம் ! மாளா வேதனை !
“நிகழ்பவை எல்லாமே நன்மைக்கே தான் “
எனத் தத்துவம் பேசி ஏமாந்த வீணர்களே ! ஓடி வாருங்கள் !
பயங்கர இவ் விடிபாடுகளைப் பாருங்கள் !
தூளாகிப் போன கட்டடங்கள் ,
சிதைந்த மனிதப் பிண்டங்கள் ,
வெந்து தணிந்த சாம்பல் குவியல்கள் ,
பிணமாய்ப் போன பெண்டிர் ,
பால்மணம் மாறாப் பாலகர்கள் இவை அனைத்தும்
குப்பை மேடேனக் கோரமாய் இங்கே
குவிந்து கிடப்பதை வந்து பாருங்கள் !
சலவைக் கல் கட்டட த்தின் இடிபாடுகள்
அவற்றின் அடியில் சிக்கிக் கிடக்கும்
சிதைந்த உடல் உறுப்புக்கள் !
வாய் பிளந்து இப் புவி நொடியில் விழுங்கிய
நூறாயிரம் உயிர் ,அந்தோ பரிதாபம் ,
உருக்குலைந்து குருதி வெள்ளத்தில் மிதந்து
குற்றுயிரும் குலை உயிருமாய் த் துடி துடித்து
உதவ யாருமின்றி நாதியற்று ,மாளா
வேதனைக்கோர் முடிவை தம் மரணத்தில்
அடைகின்ற அவலத்தைப பாருங்கள் !
மனிதர் வெந்து குவிந்த சாக்காடு
அவர் மரண ஓலத்தின் முனகலுக்கு பதிலுரையாய் ,
கருணையே வடிவான பற்றற்ற அக்கடவுள் ,
காலத்தை கடந்து சாசுவதமாய் நிற்கும்
தவிர்க்க வொணாதொரு தரும நியதிப்படி
தந்த தண்டனை இது தகும் என்பீரோ ?
கடவுள் பழி தீர்த்து கொண்டார் இப்புவியில்
அவரவர் செய்திட்ட பாவ செயல்களுக்குத்
தம் உயிரை உரிய விலையாய் தந்திட்டார் ,
என்றே உரைக்க எவ்வாறு துணிந்திடுவீர்.?
தாய் மடியில் நசுங்கி குருதியில் மிதக்கும்
இப் பிஞ்சு பாலகர்கள் செய்திட்ட பாவமென்ன ?
கொண்டாட்ட களிப்பில் கூடி திளைக்கும்
பாரீஸ் ,லண்டன் போன்ற பல நகரங்களைவிட
தரை மட்டமாக தகர்ந்து போய்விட்ட
லிஸ்போன் மட்டும்தான் நெறி கெட்ட நகரமோ ?
லிஸ்போன் அழிந்திட பாரீசில் களி நடமா …?

பிரஞ்சு இலக்கிய வரலாறு 18 ஆம் நூற்றாண்டு (பக்கம் 78 - 79 )
ஆசிரியர் வே ராஜகோபாலன்

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ponbhairavi,
Thanks! Makes one think...
After the Nepal tragedy...

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

Ponbhairavi wrote:கருணையே வடிவான பற்றற்ற அக்கடவுள் ,
காலத்தை கடந்து சாசுவதமாய் நிற்கும்
தவிர்க்க வொணாதொரு தரும நியதிப்படி
தந்த தண்டனை இது தகும் என்பீரோ ?
கடவுள் பழி தீர்த்து கொண்டார் இப்புவியில்
அவரவர் செய்திட்ட பாவ செயல்களுக்குத்
தம் உயிரை உரிய விலையாய் தந்திட்டார் ,
என்றே உரைக்க எவ்வாறு துணிந்திடுவீர்.?
வோல்டேர் போன்ற ஃப்ரெஞ்ச் பேரறிஞர்களும் மேலெழுந்தவாரியாகத்தான் கடவுளைப் பற்றியறிந்தனர் என்பது இதனின்று நன்கு விளங்குகின்றது. இதைத்தான் விவேகாநந்தர் சிகாகோ நகரில் கூறுகையில் இந்தியாவுக்கு மேற்கு நாடுகள் மத சம்பந்தமான உபதேசம் செய்யவேண்டாமென்றார்.

இத்தகையப் பேரறிஞர்கள்தான் ஃப்ரெஞ்ச் கிளர்ச்சிக்கு அடிகோலினார்கள். அதன் விளைவாக, இன்று மேற்கத்திய நாகரீகம் hedonism எனும் பெரும் பூதத்தினை வழிபடுகின்றது. இதைத்தான் அந்த ஃப்ரெஞ்ச் கார்ட்டூன் விவகாரம் தெரிவிக்கின்றது. மதத்தையும் இயேசு, நபிகள் போன்ற மனித இனத்தின் பெருஞ் சொத்துக்களையும் துச்சமாக மதித்து, கேவலப்படுத்தி அதையே நியாயம் என்றும் ஃப்ரீடம் என்றும் தவறாக விமரிசிக்கின்றனர். இதற்கு இந்நாட்டு secularist கள் ஒத்தூதுகின்றனர்.

வோல்டேரின் இந்த விமரிசனம் நுனிப்புல் மேய்பவர்களுக்கு ஒவ்வும்.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

VOLTAIRE is not an atheist of EVR type.. here is how he conceives God.:

தெய்வத்திடம் ஒரு பிரார்த்தனை

“ நான் விடுக்கும் இக்கோரிக்கை மனிதர்களிடம் அன்று.எல்லாஉயிரினங்களுக்கும் ,எல்லா உலகத்துக்கும் ,எல்லாக் காலத்துக்கும் பொதுவான கடவுளே !உன்னிடம் தான் இதைப் பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன் .பிரம்மாண்ட இப் பிரபஞ்சத்தில் பரந்த வான் வெளியின் ஏதோ ஒரு சிறு மூலையில் மற்ற கிரகங்களுக்கு புலப்படாமல் சிறு அணுவென வழி தவறி விழுந்து கிடக்கும் வலிமையற்ற ஜீவன்களாகிய நாங்கள் , உன்னிடம் எங்களுக்கு அனைத்தையும் அளித்து ,அசைக்க முடியாத சாசுவதமான ஒரு நியதியின் கீழ் எல்லாவற்றையும் இயங்க செய்து வரும் உன்னிடம் ஏதாவது கேட்க தகுதி உண்டென்றால் ,அது இது தான்.:சுபாவமாக எங்களிடம் அமைந்த குறைகளை மனமிரங்கி பொறுத்தருள். இக்குறைகளே எங்கள் பேரழிவுக்கு காரணமாகாமல் இருக்கட்டும் . ஒருவரை ஒருவர் வேறுப்பதற்கன்று, நீ எங்களுக்கு இதயத்தை கொடுத்தது.ஒருவரை ஒருவர் கொன்று தீர்ப்ப தற்கன்று,கரங்களை கொடுத்தது.
நில்லா தோடும் எங்கள் துன்பமிகு வாழ் நாளின் சுமைகளைத் தாங்குவதற்கு ஒருவருக்கு ஒருவர் உதவியாய் இருக்கும்படி செய்.. வலுவற்ற எங்கள் உடல்களை மூடி இருக்கும் ஆடைகளில் காணும் வித்தியாசங்கள் , நாங்கள் உளறும் மொழிகளிடையே உள்ள வேறுபாடுகள் ,நகைப்புக்கு உரிய எங்கள் பழக்க வழக்கங்களில் காணும் வேற்றுமைகள் , எங்கள் பார்வையில் பெரிய ஏற்ற தாழ்வுகளாக தோற்றமளித்து உன் முன்னிலையில் சமம் ஆகத் தோன்றும் எங்கள் நிலையிடையே உள்ள பேதங்கள் - ஆகிஇவை எல்லாம் மனிதர்கள் எனப்படும் மிகச் சிறிய அணுக்கள் ய எம்மிடையே நிலவும் சிறி சிறு வேறுபாட்டு அறி குறிகளே . இவை எம்மிடையே பரஸ்பர காழ்ப்பு உணர்ச்சிக்கும் எங்களை விரட்டி துரத்தி பிடித்து பழி வாங்குதலுக்கும் அடி கோலாமல் இருக்கடடும்
பட்ட பகலில் மெழுகு வர்த்தி ஏற்றி உன்னைத் துதிப்பவர் , “நீ படைத்த சூரிய ஒளியே போதும் “ என நினைப்பவர்பால் சகிப்பு தன்மை காட்டுவார்களாக.
தம் உடை மேல் ஒரு வெள்ளை துணியை மேல் அங்கியாக போர்த்திக்கொண்டு “ உன்னை நேசிக்க வேண்டும் “ என்று சொல்வோர்கள் , கறுப்பு கம்பளி மேலாடையைப் போட்டு கொண்டு அதையே சொல்லும் வேறு சிலரின் மேல் பகைமை கொள்ளாமல் இருப்பார்களாக . தொன்மை மிக்க தொரு மொழியில் புரியாத சில சொற்றொடர்களை சொல்லி உன்னை துதிப்பதும் அதைவிட சிறிது புதிதான வேறு ஒரு மொழியில் புரியாத சில சொற்றொடர்களை ச்சொல்லி உன்னை துதிப்பதும் ஒன்றாகவே இருக்கட்டும்..
சிவப்பு அல்லது ஊதாநிற ஆடை உடுத்தி இப்பரந்த உலகில் எங்கோ மிதக்கும் ஒரு சிறிய மணல் திட்டின்மேல் அமர்ந்து ஆதிக்கம் செலுத்திக்கொண்டு, நீ படைத்த ஓர் உலோக வில்லைகளை சற்று அதிகமாக சேமித்து வைத்துக் கொண்டிருப்போர் , தாம் உயர்வு என்றும் செல்வர் என்றும் தம்முள் நினைத்து கொண்டிருப்பதை செருக்கேதும் கொள்ளாமல் அனுபவிக்கும்படி செய் ……….

போர்கள் தவிர்க்க முடியாதவை என்பதே நியதி யானால் , சமாதான காலங்களிலாவது நாம் ஒருவர் மேல் ஒருவர் காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சி கொள்ளாமலும் , ஒருவரை ஒருவர் கொன்று குவிக்காமலும் இருப்போமாக. எங்களுக்கு இவ் வுன்னத நிலையை தந்த உனது பரம கருணையை எண்ணி உலகின் சியாம் நாட்டு கோடியிலிருந்து கலிபோர்னியா நாட்டு கோடிவரை உள்ள யாம் அனைவரும் பல்லாயிராம் மொழிகளில் துதித்தே எங்கள் வாழ் நாள் காலத்தை கழிப்போமாக.

( பிரஞ்சு இலக்கிய வரலாறு 18ஆம் நூற்றாண்டு --ப-88)

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

வோல்டேரின் இக்கருத்துக்கள் மிக உயர்ந்தவை. கடவுளைப் பற்றி அப்படிப்பட்ட உயர்ந்த எண்ணங்கள் உடையவர் ஏன் கடவுளை (முந்தைய விமரிசனத்தில்) இயற்கை அழிவுக்குக் காரணமாக்குகிறார் என்பது விளங்கவில்லை.

எனினும் இப்படிப்பட்ட எண்ணங்கள் இன்றும் ஃப்ரான்ஸில் நிலவுவது உண்மையானால் அந்த கார்ட்டூன் விவகாரம் நடந்திருக்கக்கூடாது. அதற்கு பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கில் மக்கள் திரண்டு ஆதரவு காட்டியிருக்கக் கூடாது.

காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சி கூடாது என்று கடவுளை வேண்டுபவர்கள், எவரையும் காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சியுடன் நோக்கமாட்டார்கள். நபிகள் நாயகம் போன்ற பெருந்தகைகளை கேலச் சித்திரமாக்கியது காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சியே.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

லிஸ்போன் நில நடுக்கத்தில் ஊரின் முக்கால் பங்கு அழிந்தது 20000 ஆயிரம் பேருக்கு மேல் உயிரிழந்தனர்.இத்தகைய நிகழ்வுகளுக்கு காரணம் மனிதர்கள் செய்த பாபமும் அதனால் இறைவன் கொண்ட சீற்றமும் என்று அக்காலத்து மத குருமார்கள் போதித்து , இந்த தெய்வ சீற்றத்தை தடுக்க நர பலி கொடுக்க வேண்டும் அது தான் சரியான கழுவாய் என்று கூறினர். இத்தகைய மத குருமார்கள் ஆளுமையில் இருந்த அரசும் அவ்வாறே செய்தது
இவ்வாறு ஒரு பிராயசித்த நர பலி லிஸ்பனில் 20-6-1756 நிஜமாகவே நடத்தப் பட்டது.
இயற்கை பேரழிவுகளையும் மனித பாப புண்ணிய செயல்களையும் இணைத்து பேசுவது தான் வோல்டேருக்கு ஏற்புடையது அன்று.
“ எல்லாம் இன்ப மயம்- நடப்பவை எல்லாமே நன்மைக்கே “ என்பது
LEIBNIZ என்ற அறிஞரின் சித்தாந்தம் . இதை தான் voltaire சாடுகிறாரே தவிர
நம் இந்திய தத்துவங்களை அவர் மறுக்கவோ அல்லது அவை பற்றி இங்கு நினைக்கவோ இல்லை .
வேறு ஒரு இடத்தில அவர் இவ்வாறு கூறுகிறார் :
“இந்த உலகம் எத்தனையோ பற்சக்கரங்க ளை கொண்டு ஒருநியதிப்படி ஒழுங்காக இயங்கும் அற்புத இயந்திரம் .. இந்த ஆச்சர்யகரமான இயந்திரம்
இருக்கும்போது இதைப் படைத்தவன் என்று ஒருவன் இலை என்று எப்படி நினைக்க முடியும்.? “

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

பொன்பைரவி அவர்களே,
விளக்கத்திற்கு நன்றி.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

இவர்கள் சந்தித்தால் …?

[திரு பசுபதி அவர்கள் வேறு ஒரு தடத்தில் இதே தலைப்பில் ஆனந்த விகடனில் முன்பு வந்த ஒரு கட்டுரையை நாம் சுவைக்கத் தந்திருக்கிறார் அதில்.திரு GNB அவர்களும் MMI அவர்களும் சந்தித்து உரை ஆடுகிறார்கள் . அதே பாணியில் தற்கால வித்வான்கள் இருவர் தெருவில் சந்தித்து கொள்வதாக க் கற்பனைசெய்து பார்த்தேன்.பெயர்கள்,சம்பவங்கள் ,உரையாடல்கள் எல்லாமே 100 சத விகிதம் கற்பனையே../யாரையும் புண் படுத்தும் நோக்கமில்லை ].

-வித்துவான் “ச”--என்ன ஒய் ! இங்கே சென்னையிலே இருக்கிறீர் ?
-வித்துவான் “-ரி “-வேறே எங்கே போறது ?
-“ச “-ஸ்ரீ ராம நவமி முடிந்ததும் மேற்கு நோக்கி பறந்திருப்பீர் என்று நினைத்தேன் .
‘-“ ரி”-நான் எங்கே பறக்கிறது ?அதற்காக தான் “ஆடிப் பற- பாடி ப்பற” என்று பாடிக்கொண்டு எத்தனையோ பயல்கள் ஆலாய்பறந்து கொண்டு இருக்கிறாங்களே !.
“-ச”-இரண்டு வருடம் முன்பு வரைக்கும் நீரும் வேடந்தாங்கல் பறவை மாதிரி ரெகுலராக போய்க்கொண்டு தானே ஐயா இருந்தீர் அதனாலே கேட்டேன் .
--“ரி”-உமக்குத் தான் சான்ஸ் வரலை என்கிற தாபம் போலிருக்கு..
--“ச”-எனக்கு என்ன தாபம் வேண்டி கிடக்கு ?plane லே எச்சல் plate எடுக்கிறவள் கூடத் தான் தினம் தினம் அமெரிக்கா போறாள்.அங்கே எல்லாம் மனுஷன் போவானா ?குளிரிலே கொடல் வரைக்கும் நடுங்கிண்டு வெட வெட என்று உதரிப்பிட்டு, GNB மாதிரி briga உதுத்து தள்ளிபிட்டேன் என்று பீற்றி கொள்ள வேண்டியது .
--“ரி”--இந்த வருஷம் வித்வான் “க “ வுக்கு சான்ஸ் அடிச்சிருக்கப்பலே இருக்கு.
“--ச”- போகட்டும் போகட்டும் . அவர் இங்கே செல்லாக்காசு அங்கே போய் இலுப்பைபூ சர்க்கரை மாதிரி எதாவது கத்திட்டு காசை அள்ளிண்டு வரட்டும்.
--“ரி”- அப்படி சொல்லாதீர் ஓய். அங்கேயும் நல்ல ஞான முள்ளவா இருக்கா.
“--ச”-- இருக்கட்டுமே அவாள் எல்லாம் இங்கே வந்து ஏன் கச்சேரியை queue விலே நின்னு கை கட்டி வாய் பொத்தி இருந்து கேட்டுட்டு போகணும் . அது தான் என் கெளரவம்
--“ரி”-வித்வான் “க” வுக்கு ஸ்பெஷல் ரேட் ஆமே ‘
“--ச'-அந்த அளவுக்கு அவனுக்கு பெரிய இடத்து சிபாரிசு..கண்ட மந்திரி வீட்டுக்கும் தெரு தெருவா அலைந்து tuition என்கிற பேரிலே …
“--ரி”- நல்ல சங்கீத ஞானம் இல்லை என்று சொல்ல வரீரா ..
“ - ச” -ஞானம் ஏது? வெறும் அஞ்ஞானம் தான் . அவன் என்கிட்டே வந்து எத்தனை உருப்பிடிகள் கத்துண்டு போயிருக்கான் தெரியுமா ? அதையெல்லாம் வெளியே விட்டேன்னா மானம் போயிடும்.
--ரி”--கொஞ்சம் வளமான சாரீரம் அமைந்து இருக்கு. அதை வைத்துக்கொண்டு கதை பண்ணிண்டு இருக்கான்…
“-ச”--சாரீர மாவது பொடலங்காய் ஆவது..இரண்டு நிமிஷம் கூட அவனுக்கு சுருதி நிக்காது என்கிறது எனக்குதான் தெரியும் . சாரீரதுக்கு பதிலா சரீரம் இருக்கு.. பரோபகாரார்தம் இதம் சரீரம் என்று அவன் அவனுக்கு கூழை கும்பிடு போடுவான்.தோப்பு காரணம் போடுவான்.

(அந்த நேரம் தெருவில் சென்ற ஒரு சிறுவன் கையில் மசால் வடை பார்சல்.
அதை தட்டி கொண்டு போக ஒரு காக்கை அவனை வட்டமிட்டது . பையன் காக்கையை விரட்டினான் .)

--“ச”--அசடே அம்பி காக்கையை விரட்ட கூடாது டா..காக்கையை பிடிக்க ணும் இப்பவே கற்றுகொள்.அப்போது தான் உனக்கு வெளி நாடு போக சான்ஸ் கிடைக்கும் நம்ம வித்வான் “க “ மாதிரி. இரண்டே வருடத்திலே கார், பங்களா.. இத்தியாதி ..”

(இருவரும் வாய் விட்டு சிரிக்கிறார்கள் . அந்த நேரம் இவர்கள் யாரைப்பற்றி பேசிக்கொண்டு இருந்தார்களோ அந்த வித்வான் “க” அங்கே வருகிறார் .)

--இருவரும் சேர்ந்து :--அண்ணா அண்ணா வாங்கோ வாங்கோ நமஸ்காரம் . நீங்க US போறதா யாரோ சொன்னார்களே . நாங்க அதைப்பத்தி தான் சந்தோஷ ப்பட்டு பேசிகொண்டிருந்தோம்.
--“க”- போறதாக தான் இருந்தது. நானும் ஆசையோடு இருந்தேன் . கடைசி நேரத்திலே இந்த விதூஷி “ம “ பூந்து கெடுத்து விட்டாள். எனக்கு வந்த சான்சை அவள் தட்டிக்கொண்டு போய்விட்டாள்.
“--ச”- அடப்பாவமே !
“--ரி” -ஐயோ பாவமே .
“--க”-( கண்கள் கலங்க )- நீங்களே சொல்லுங்கள் என்னை விட அந்த விதூஷி “ம” எந்த வகையில் ஒசத்தி ?
--“ச”- ஒசத்தியா? உங்க வித்வத் என்ன ! நீங்கள் எவ்வளவு சீனியர் .! நாங்கள் எல்லாருமே உங்க கச்சேரியிலே கேட்டதை வைத்து தானே காலத்தை ஒட்டிக்கொண்டு இருக்கிறோம்.!
“--ரி”-- அவ ஒங்க கால் தூசி பெற மாட்டாள் .
--“ச”--ஞாயமா சொன்னா உங்களுக்கு தம்புரா போட கூட அவளுக்கு அருகதை இல்லை .
“--ரி” உங்க பல்லவியை பத்தி தான் நாங்க சதா பேசிண்டு இருப்போம் ‘என்ன கணக்கு வழக்கு என்ன நுணுக்கம் !அவளாலே தாளம் போட முடியுமா ?
--‘க”--சக வித்துவான்கள் நீங்களே இவ்வளவு ஏன் மேலே மரியாதை வெச்சு இருக்கேள் ...ம்ம் .. அதிர்ஷ்டம் னு ஒண்ணு இருக்கு .
“--ச”--அதெல்லாம் ஒண்ணும் இல்லை அண்ணா. அவள் பெண் பிள்ளை . கொஞ்சம் ஜிலு ஜிலுன்னு , பள பளன்னு அலங்காரம் .அதிலே தானே வெளி நாட்டுக் காரா மயங்கிடறா…
“--ரி”--வெளி நாட்டுக்காரா என்ன ? உள் நாட்டிலே மட்டும் என்ன வாழறது ? பெண் என்றால் பேயும் இறங்கும் ..
--“க”--கிடக்கிறாங்கள் பேய்ப் பசங்க . சரி நான் வரேன் . Urgent வேலை இருக்கு. சீசனுக்கு சில சபாக்களை இப்பவே பார்க்கணும் .அனுதாப அலையை சரியாய் பயன் படுத்திக்கணும்.
(போகிறார் )

“--ச”-- சரியா மூக்கு உடை பட்டு .நன்னா வேணும். இப்ப தெரு தெருவா ஓடட்டும் ..சான்ஸ் கேட்டு ..
“--ரி”--ஆண்டவன் ஆட்டுக்கு வாலை சரியாய் அளந்து தான் வச்சிருக்கான். எங்கேயாவது iceland க்குபோய் கச்சேரி பண்ணட்டும்
--“ச”--இவனெல்லாம் வெளி நாடு போறதை அந்த தியாகராஜ சாமி எப்படி ஒத்துப்பார்.?

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

அருமை! என் டொராண்டோக் குழு ஒன்றில் பகிர்கிறேன்.

A friend opined :
The Imaginary Conversations by Walter Savage Landor was quite popular in those days in Chennai.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/21628

It is quite possible that Vasan might have been familiar with that book and used the format for comical satire in the piece I posted in my blog.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

இவர்கள் சந்தித்தால் ……(தொடர்ச்சி )

வித்துவான் “ச”வும் “ரி” யும் இவ்வாறு சிரித்து பேசிக்கொண்டு 10 அடி தூரம் கூட போயிருக்க மாட்டார்கள் அடுத்த தெரு திருப்பத்தில் எங்கிருந்தோ வெகு வேகமாக வந்த கார் ஒன்று “சர் “ என்று திரும்பி அவர்கள் இருவரையும் இடித்து கீழே தள்ளிவிட்டு நிற்காமல் “விர் “ என்று பறந்து மறைந்தது.. இருவரும் இரத்த வெள்ளத்தில் கிடந்தார்கள்.
இவ்வாறு எத்தனை நேரம் கிடந்தார்களோ தெரியாது .பிறகு ஒரு பெரிய BMW கார் ஒன்று அங்கே வந்து நின்றது .அதிலிருந்து சூட்டு கோட்டு அணிந்த ஒரு பெரிய மனிதர் இறங்கினார் .. ஏதோ பெரிய கம்பெனி executive ஆக இருக்கவேண்டும்.!காயம் பட்டுக்கிடந்தவர்களை அருகில் சென்று பார்த்தவர் ஒரு நொடி அதிர்ந்து போய் விட்டார். “அடாடா.. என்னுடைய சங்கீத வாத்தியார் அல்லவா “ என்று அலறியவர் உடனே காருக்குள் இருந்த டிரைவரையும் மற்ற ஒரு பணியாளரை யும் கூப்பிட்டு ஏதோ சொன்னார்.அவர்கள் இருவரும் கூடியிருந்த சில பொது மக்கள் உதவியுடன் இருவரையும் தூக்கி காருக்குள் போட்டுகொண்டு பிரபல தனியார் மருத்துவ மனை ஒன்றுக்கு கொண்டு வந்து சேர்த்தனர் ..
மறு நாள் தகவல் கேள்விப்பட்டு வித்வான் “க” அவர்கள் இருவரையும் பார்க்க மருத்துவ மனைக்கு வந்தார். ..அவரைக் கண்டதும் “ச” வும் “ரி”யும் கோ வென்று கதறி அழுதனர்.: “ அண்ணா ,பகவான் எங்களை நன்னா தண்டிசுட்டார் ..இப்போ என்ன பண்றதுன்னே தெரியலை. வைத்ய செலவு தலைக்கு பத்து லட்சம் ரூபாய் ஆகும் என்று சொல்கிறார்கள். “
“க “ சொன்னார்:” அதைப் பத்தி எல்லாம் ஒன்னும் கவலை படாதீர்கள் . இன்னிக்கி சாயந்திரம் மந்திரி வீட்டுக்கு TUITION க்கு போகிறேன். அவரிடம் சொல்லி உங்களுக்கு மருத்துவ செலவுக்கு முழு உதவிக்கு ஏற்பாடு பண்றேன்.”
----அண்ணா உங்களுக்கு பெரிய மனசு அதைப் புரிஞ்சுக்காமல் வந்து…. நாங்கள்…

“க “- அதெல்லாம் ஒன்றும் சொல்லாதீர்கள் . நாம் வித்துவானுக்கு வித்துவான் உபகாரம் செய்யாட்டா எதுக்கு இந்த மனித சரீரம் . அதிலும் நீங்கள் என்மேல் ரொம்ப மரியாதை உள்ளவர்கள் . போன வாரம் நான் கொஞ்சம் மனம் கலங்கி இருந்தபோது சொன்னீர்களே என்னுடைய பல்லவியை பத்தியும் வித்வத் பத்தியும் அதை என்னால் மறக்க முடியுமா ? தைரியமாக இருங்கள் எப்படியும் மந்திரியிடம் கெஞ்சி கூத்தாடியாவது உங்கள் வைத்ய செலவுக்கு ஏற்பாடு பண்ணுகிறேன். நிச்சயம் ..” உங்களுக்கு இந்த உதவி செய்யறதுக்காக தான் பகவான் என்னை வெளி நாட்டுக்கு இந்த வருஷம் அனுப்ப வில்லையோ என்று கூட தோன்றுகிறது.

மூன்று மாதங்கள் கழித்து நம் வித்வான்கள் பூரண குணம் அடைந்து விட்டனர் .
ஏதோ ஒரு ஊரில் பெரிய தியாகராஜா உத்சவம் ‘ச' ‘ரி' ‘க' மூவரும் பக்கத்தில் பக்கத்தில் உட்கார்ந்து மன நிறைவோடு பஞ்ச ரத்ன கீர்த்தனைகள் பாடிக்கொண்டு இருந்தனர்.. அதிலே “ எந்தரோ மகானுபாவுலு அந்தரிக்கி வந்தனமு “ என்ற அடி வந்த போது வித்வான் “ச”வுக்கும் “ரி” யுக்கும் தொண்டை அடைத்தது. வார்த்தை வரவில்லை. கண்கள் கலங்கின . இருவரும் திடீரென்று எழுந்து அங்கே வித்வான் ‘க”
வின் முன்பாக சாஷ்டாங்க மாக விழுந்து நமஸ் காரம் செய்தனர்.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

ஆஹா ! அருமை, அருமை !

arasi

Post by arasi »

பொன்னான பதிவு, பொன்பைரவி!

தனித் தமிழ் நாட்டு நடையுடனே ஃப்ரெஞ்சிலக்கியத் தாக்கமும் சேர்ந்தவோர் தனிச் சுவை! வாழ்க :)

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

vgovindan,
Pasupathy
Pratyaksham Bala
Arasi
மிக்க நன்றி.!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

நையாண்டி மடல்கள் :
கவிஞர்களும் எழுத்தாளர்களும் ஒருவரை ஒருவர் கிண்டல் செய்வது voltaire காலத்திலும் உண்டு . சில எடுத்து காட்டுகள்:
Lebrun என்பவர் எழுதிய "நறுக்".

- - ஆ! ஏன் வீட்டில் திருட்டு போய்விட்டது...
---ஐயோ பாவம் ,உங்களுக்கு எ ன் அனுதாபங்கள்
--நான் எழுதி வைத்திருந்த கவிதைகள் அனைத்தும் கொள்ளை போய்விட்டன ..
--ஐயோ பாவம் திருடன், அவனுக்கு எ ன் அனுதாபங்கள்.

அடுத்த இரண்டும் Voltaire எழுதியவை :

1-Boyer என்பவர் 1730 இல் பிஷப் பாக நியமிக்கப் பட்டார் பின் பிரெஞ்சு அகாடெமி உறுப்பினராக நியமிக்கப் பட்டார்.தொடர்ந்து அறிவியல் அகாடெமி யிலும் . நுண்கலை மற்றும் இலக்கிய அகாடெமி யிலும் உறுப்பினராக நியமிக்கப் பட்டார்.ஆனாலும் அவர் எழுதியது என்று சொல்லக்கூடியது ஒன்றுமே இல்லை.இதற்கு மேலும் அவர் கார்டினல் ஆகவும் நியமிக்க பட போவதாக ஒரு வதந்தி..இதனால் வெகுண்ட VOLTAIRE இன் நையாண்டி மடல் இது:

" அதிர்ஷ்ட தேவதை தங்களுக்கு இப்போது
இன்னும் ஒரு ஏற்றத்தை அளிக்கப் போகிறதாமே !
ஐயோ பாவம் ! வீண் வேலை !!
புகழ் ஏணியில் நீங்கள் மேலே செல்லச் செல்ல
மேலும் மேலும் வெளிப்படப் போவது ,என்னவோ
உங்கள் மடமை தான்! என்ன செய்வது ?
போப்பாண்டவர் BENOIT தரக்கூடியது
தலைக்கு கிரீடம் மட்டும் தான் ....
புதிய தலை யை யா அவரால் படைத்தது தர முடியும் ?

2- Freron என்னும் எழுத்தாளரை Voltaire க்கு பிடிக்காது .
அந்த "விஷமியான " மனிதரைக் கிண்டல் செய்த பாட்டு இது:
"அன்றொரு நாள்
பொட்டல் வெளிதனில்
நச்சு பாம்பொன்று
நறுக் கென்று கடித்தது
நண்பர் பிரெரோனை
நடந்ததென்ன தெரியுமோ ?
ஐயோ பாவம் !
பொட்டென்று செத்து விழுந்தது
பாம்பு !! "
FRERON இதே உவமையை வைத்து voltaire ஐ பாம்பாக்கி பதிலடி கொடுத்தார்.அந்த பாட்டிலும் நயம் இருக்கிறது :

"நாக்கில் விஷ மிக்க
நச்சு பாம்பொன்று
பிரெரோனை தீண்டியது
உண்மைதான் ;ஆனால்
அவர் இறந்து ஒழிந்தார்
என்றா நினைக்கிறீர்கள் ?
அது தான் இல்லை :
அவர் வலிமைக்கு முன்
இதெல்லாம் கொசுக் கடி மாதிரி
செத்தது என்னவோ பாம்பு தான்.!!

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

நையாண்டி மடல்கள் :

Nice! This should be expanded into a full article, with possible inclusion of other (English ?) examples .

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Thanks Pasupathy.
I think it will be appropriate if it is done by persons who are better equipped than me reg english quotations

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

a kamba ramayana pAdal about Lakshmi and her elder sister:

நவ்வி வீழ்தென நாடக மயில் துயின் றென்ன
கவ்வை கூர்தர சானகியாம் கடி கமழ் கமலத்து
அவ்வை நீங்குமென்று அயோத்தி வந்தடைந்த அம்மடந்தை
தவ்வை ஆமெனக் கிடந்தனள் கேகயன் தனையை

நவ்வி = மான் கவ்வை =துயர் அவ்வை=தாயார் தவ்வை=தமக்கை
anticipating that Janaki , avatar ofthe goddess who dwells on fragrant lotus , would be going out of Ayodhya her elder sister has already come and is lying down in the form of Kaikeyi like a fallen deer like a peacock pretending to be asleep.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

just a figment of imagination;
malice towards none.

A secret convention.

By sms, I was invited to attend a secret convention ,at a secret place, on a secret date. A white dress code was prescribed: white dhothy and white jibba. Suppressing my surprize ,I went. An unknown person welcomed me at the reception and I was directed to pass through a chamber, before entering the hall.In the chamber there were hundreds of face masks painted in cardboard.All the masks depicted faces of ever great music legends,faces of Thiagaraja swami, Deekshithar,Shyama Sastri, oothukadu,papanasam Sivan, Swathi thirunal etc… When I was hesitating as to whether I have mistakenly entered a drama make up room, a young volunteer smiled at me said, Sir, pick up any mask of your preference and go right into the hall.The meeting is about to begin. When I asked why I should wear a mask to attend a meeting, he suavely replied that it is to ensure secrecy of identity. You can freely express your opinion and nobody would know who you are. This will avoid prejudice
--Why all the precautions? who are all the attendees? CBI officials,income tax officers, cinema stars, judges ministers ?
- No sir, no such people The meeting is exclusively for sangeetha vidwans like you
- Then why all this hush-hush? we all know personally each other so well.
-Exactly because of that.WE want to avoid coterie,groupism,regional and linguistic affinities. So that everyone of you can talk honestly and with sincerity among yourselves ,for a change.
The suspense grew in me . What is that going to be so secretive in CM?
I took and wore a mask of Shyama sastri as it suited my complexion and I entered the hall.
Seated inside side by side were scores of Thyagaraja Swamis, Papanasam Sivans, Musiris, Kalkis, Subramania Bharathis by the side of Gopalakrishna Bharathi Purandara dasar by the side of Arunagirinathar, Thukkaram by the side of Bharathi dasan, etc..That was a unique thrilling sight. I was dazzled for a moment and murmured “ Ëntharo mahanu bhavulu anthariki vandhanamu ¨ I took a seat and I saw that my neighbour also was a Shyama sastri.
The meeting started with National Anthem followed by Pavamana. then came the organizer(needless to say that he was also wearing a mask) who proposed a vote of thanks.
The august audience was least ruffled.These giants might have withstood many a musical revolutions !!
Then came another mask who sang Mangalam kosalendraya and said ¨ I am going to explain the purpose of this meet. I started with mangalam because after all mangalam means auspicious and what we are going to do needs divine blessings. Coming to the point…¨.

( To be continued )

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Continue. Waiting for thanam and then varnam.

arasi

Post by arasi »

PB,
Glad to see you in form :!:
Please continue...

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

coming to the point, the purpose of this meeting is to create a forum where we musicians can freely exchange our experiences. In our professional capacity,we come across various type of people idiotic dignitaries,ignorant critics,presumptuous sponsors,pedantic reviewers,pretentious secretaries,dishonest recording companies etc..Our experiences are sometimes funny sometimes painful.If we do not get an award we are ridiculed; if we get an award then also we are ridiculed.. So we badly need a forum where we can exchange our views and thereby benefit mutually. Sabhas have association,cooks have associations Rasikas have a forum, Why can´t we have one for us.
The proposal got thunderous applause in tisra eka nadai .
One mask got up , sang Ramachandraya janaka and skeptically said: But we are such a disorganized group and we fight among ourselves…
-that does not mean we cannot have a forum.Rasikas have a forum where they relentlessly fight with each other, drawing rarest gems from dictionaries, emoticons
there was applause again..

there was applause again . musicians love applause.
A wiser mask said : we should be like the blades of a pair of scissors. Normally we may be clashing against each other without harm but when a third party comes in between we should join to tear it down.
-Sabhash, sabhash..
- But our career and market depend upon so many people and the forum may expose us to their combined wrath.
We will request experts in internet about our absolute secrecy. It will be better if all of us do our post only in the name of a raga of our choice.
-bale bale…
- What will be the name of our forum?
-A mask came up sang “ksheerapti kanya kaku...¨ and said: I would propose the name of http://WWW.cmsangeethavidwans. org.
- A masked weaker sex strongly protested .This is male chauvinism. this chauvinism has already caused lots of harm to us since generations Why do you exclude vidushis ? In fact you already steal many of our stage chances and awards.women are the best musicians.
- some anonymous voice exclaimed then why there is not a single mask out of hundreds here. ?
again prejudice of the organizers. they have not made sufficient numbers of masks of Meera Andal, Avvaiyar
Even if there are masks of Avvaiyar and karaikkal ammaiyar no one , including women would chose that.
Women get prime slots and stage chances only because of their silk saris and jimikis.
It is obviously more pleasant to see a pretty face with jimikis than to see continuously for three hours a face with agonizing contortions reminescent of an orthopedic casualty or dental clinic.
The aesthetic beauty should be sought in the raga and not in the face.
The gender bias broke loose. The discussions became more and more acrimonious and vociferous..There was complete chaos and bedlam. This is proof that even a docile and soft sangeetha vidwan can become a parliamentarian.
Everyone standing up and shouting in chorus and out of sruthi reminding thiruvaiyaru…Should the session be postponed.?..
Mangalam
( caution mangalam does not mean end.. )

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Hilarious. We wholeheartedly agree mangalam does not mean end and will even put up with it in a concert. Marshal all your resources and let your imagination run riot.