True Sangita Kalanidhi Nedunuri Krishna Murthy passes away

Remembering musicians of the recent past
msakella

True Sangita Kalanidhi Nedunuri Krishna Murthy passes away

Post by msakella »

I extremely feel unhappy to inform the heavenly abode of my beloved Guru, True Sangita Kalanidhi Nedunuri Krishna Murthy who passed away around 2-30 am (IST) today. amsharma

Rsachi

Re: True Sangita Kalanidhi Nedunuri Krishna Murthy passes aw

Post by Rsachi »

Deep condolences to his many students,long standing admirers and friends AND family. His gentlemanly music lives on!
Last edited by Rsachi on 08 Dec 2014, 09:07, edited 2 times in total.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Deeply saddening news. My condolences to all.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

What a great loss! A true mahavidwan. My sincere condolences to his family and the large number of disciples he leaves behind.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

A very sad news. My heartfelt condolences to his family and disciples. May his soul RIP
Thanjavooran
08 12 2014

chitravina ravikiran

Nedanoori sir passes away

Post by chitravina ravikiran »

Another pillar of Indian music and culture and one of the most loved artistes of this era - Shri Nedanoori Krishnamurthy sir was felled by lung cancer a few hours back at age 87...

I'll forever cherish my interactions with him - be it Mukhari Audio album (Karunyam) where he shared his deep insights of the raga, the concert of his in Chennai where I accompanied him, music-filled lunches or walks with him not to mention the numerous concerts of his that I attended from childhood. May his soul rest in peace...

Lakshman

Re: Nedanoori sir passes away

Post by Lakshman »

Very sad news indeed. Another giant of CM tradition is gone forever. RIP. Condolences to the family, friends and disciples.

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

very sad..RIP..

Just saw the message from Chitravina Ravikiran...

cienu

Post by cienu »

Extemely sad to hear this news. Condolences to family, friends and rasikas.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

condolences - great musician who did so much as a tunesmith too.
Writeup informing his demise in The Hindu
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 671798.ece

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

It's never tiring to listen to his music, which is very pure in all aspects - ragaa/taala bhavam, sahitya bhavam etc... great personality....may his soul rest in peace and condolences to his family and disciples...

bombal

Post by bombal »

"Srimaan Nedunuri Krishnamurthy gaaru mukti adaindhaar endhru sollalaam"

Srimaan Nedunuri Krishnamurthy gaaru attained Mukti...he has become one with all the great composers of yesteryears

if I have to randomly pick only one concert of his, it would be the one at The Music Academy Madras in 1981 with Chalakudi sir and Raghu sir....what kalyani alaapana...breathtaking and outstanding kalpanaa..e vasudha, subramanyena, palukethe nelathalli, muddu gare, naanaadi bathukku and so many more...chalakudi sir and raghu sir at their best too...

my humble pranaams and ananthakoti namaskaaram to the MahAtma

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Very sad news..Deep Condolences. His music will remain forever. Nedunuri-LGJ music in the heavens.....

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

msakella wrote:I extremely feel unhappy to inform the heavenly abode of my beloved Guru, True Sangita Kalanidhi Nedunuri Krishna Murthy who passed away around 2-30 am (IST) today. amsharma
Sympathy and condolences to you and all family, students and admirers.

Very sad that I saw him only once.

malavi

Post by malavi »

yesterday i attended malladi brothers concert at BVB .they sang a bujangini Annamacharya kriti at the end andannounced itwas tuned by their respected Guru sri.Nedunuri sir.itwas such a nice song andi was thinking what a gifted musician sri.Nedunuri krishnamoorthy sir was. two years back i had the good fortune to attend a three day workshop on Annamacharya kritis conducted by Him.he was agreat teacher and shared his experiences with us.
today i was shocked to hear about his demise.will really miss his music.ofcourse he has produced some good desciples to remind him to us.
my heartfelt condolences to his family and desciples

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Very sad to hear this! I enjoy his music so much!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Incredibly sad news!! Condolences to his family and all of his students. May his soul rest in peace.

ravichitrapu

Post by ravichitrapu »

heartfelt condolences.
very sad and somewhat depressing that so many great musicians are leaving us.
their music of course will live on and on.

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

Heartfelt condolences to the family and Shishya parampara.

May his soul rest in peace with Nadabrahma.

rasaali

Post by rasaali »

Deep condolences to Nedanuri garu's family and shishyas. His brilliant alapanas, his lucid explanations and his simple personality will be sorely missed.

I first saw him live in Delhi in the mid 80s. Sang amazing Saramathi (Mokshamu Galada)and Harikamboji (Enduku Nirdaya) in that concert. I have been hooked to his alapana singing ever since then. During that trip he spent one full afternoon listening to our tapes collection. Heard many of his contemporaries' recordings very impartially and highlighted the best points in each for me and my father.

Fast forward a few decades. My parents went to Vizag a few years back, hunted is contact and randomly called on him for a visit as his hardcore fans from Delhi. Graciously received them at short notice and also gave some CDs of his annamayya compositions. Refused to take money for the same.

Great man. Our fortune that he shared space on terra firma with us.

RIP Sir.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Here is a wonderful interview/converstation with Pappu Venugopala Rao last year at Univ of Hyderabad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJ89MvEE1w
Nedunuri garu was such a treasure trove!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Akella gAru
Sir if you can group your thoughts about your guru nedunuri garu that would be wonderful.Have you seen him accompanying as a violin artist any time .

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

As I reached late home, I was informed that Malladi Brothers cancelled the concert in NGS (Karthik Fine arts) because of passing away of Sri.NedanUri.

Though I was not fortunate to listen to more of his music (even in recording), Whenever Malladi sings Annamacharya tuned by Sri.Nedanuri, they, with full smile, informs the audience that it was tuned by his guru gAru Sri NedanUri.

Sikkil Gurucharan, I believe, in his concert in PS High school yesterday sang "avatAuru ragupathi" of Annamacharya set to be tuned in kamAs by sri NK. He also informed that in rememberance of passing away of Sri.NK. I rate this as one of the beautiful kamAs. especially in the neraval in "rama rAghava ramA, ramachandra prabhO'

I feeel so sad to know his demise. Old age is always there. For the sake of good music, I pray artists like Sri NK, should stay young and enthrall the audience.

What about his family ? Any torch bearers from family ? or only his shisyAs.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

No words to express this loss. May the Mahaan's soul rest in peace.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

We have lost a Great Maestro who breathed and lived for classicism values in the practice of Classical Karnataka Music. NKM Sir achieved immortality in his tunes he composed for Bhadrachala Ramadasu and Annamacharya, which were not available in the karna parampara. NKM Sir and SSRao, my guru and father were very closely associated as musicians, musicologists and teachers for well over five decades. When SSRao was serving AIR, Vijayawada and also later times, whenever he is used to visit Vijayawada, Kakinada and Visakapatnam, NKM Sir used to learn rare compositions and discuss many aspects of music. Always present in the railway stations to assist SSRao along with Sri Voleti Venkateshwara Rao garu.
NKM Sir deeply expressing his disappointment of MA not conferring Sangita Kalanidhi to SSRao, persuaded SSRao to accept the honor of Visaka Fine Arts Academy he was associated with the title 'Sangita Naada Vidya Nidhi'. Memories of his early performances at Vijyawada, Gunturu, Kakinada and Madras are etched every in my deep memory. SVBC has recorded and telecast his many programs, including one very significant program on Annamacharya compositions he had set them to tune along with his disciple Sri Garimella Bala Krishnaprasad, for posterity. Many of his disciples whom he lovingly taught, including younger Malladi Bros, will carry forward his legacy.

munirao2001

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

SSRao should have been given Sangita Kalanidhi. His video available in youtube itself is testimony of that.
Maybe we rasikas should pool funds and award 'Maha Sangita Kalanidhi' titles to all the artistes whom the Academy has failed to recognise.