Great Sharer of Music--Venkatakailasam has Left Us

Remembering musicians of the recent past
PUNARVASU

Sad News

Post by PUNARVASU »

Copying a FB post. By Smt Leelavathi Ananth

Regret To Inform The Sad Demise Of My Only Brother Venkata Kailasam 82 Attained The Feet Of Sri Sai Baba And Sri Kanchi Maha Periyava ! This AfterNoon At Chennaiy ! Who Maintained His Own Blog " ESWARA ! He Had Penned Numerous Songs On Maha Periyava !!

Lakshman

Re: Sad News

Post by Lakshman »

I am very very sorry hear about the passing of Venkata Kailasam. I had the good fortune to have had the opportunity to meet him in Chennai a few years ago. His contribution to CM was immense. May his soul rest in eternal peace.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Oh, a great loss not only to the family but the entire world of Indian music and rasikas.org.
RIP.

K Nagarajan

Post by K Nagarajan »

Great loss.
May his soul rest in peace.

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

Very sad to learn about the demise of SrI venkata kalilasam.

cienu

Post by cienu »

A great loss to the Rasika fraternity.
May his soul RIP

varsha

Post by varsha »

Feel very sad.memories of meetinng him some months ago linger.sweet memories

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sri Venkatakailasam will live on through his work of sharing music in so many ways. RIP.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

How very sad to hear this. condolences and regrets to all family, friends, and members of this forum.

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

I feel feel as if i have a lost a family member. I was hoping to go and see him on my next visit to chennai.
Condolences to his family and rasikas family.

arasi

Post by arasi »

How very sad...

Punarvasu,
Like you, I was thinking that I should call him on reaching India. Seeing his recent posts on Rasikas, I was happy that he was well enough to be active on the forum again. Like your father, he too showed interest in my music and writing, and put some of my songs up in his blog with such beautiful visuals. He was there at Arasi vol: 2 release--sung by Neela Ramgopal, stayed for most part of her concert though he did not feel that well.

The bigger picture: he was a prominent figure in 'the gallery of the sharing kind' among us--age or ailments did not deter him. His love for CM and his bhakti for mahA periavar made him bring many riches to us.

Our heart-felt sympathy to his family.

May this Rasikas.org's good friend's soul rest in peace...

arasi

Great Sharer of Music--Venkatakailasam has Left Us

Post by arasi »

Punarvasu has posted in General Discussions, the demise of Venkatakailasam, our friend and sharer of music at Rasikas.org.

There are already many posts in that thread. I request the mods to bring that thread here, and then delete this thread...

kapali

Post by kapali »

Very sorry to hear that Sri Venkatakailasam is no more. His sudden demise is a great loss to the music world and our Rasikas.org forum in particular. Heartfelt condolences. May his soul Rest In Peace.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Condolences. A person who brought such emotional snippets like this : http://www.mediafire.com/file/8t4k2h7g4 ... vathar.avi

Pray and hope that he attained the same state.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

A great loss.

arasi

Post by arasi »

shankarank,
Thanks for the clip. Says it all...

For those of us here of a certain age for whom the certainty of finishing our sojourn on earth is nigh, losing a rasikA like him is something which makes us reflect. A quick (and easy on others) end is what we all pray for...

rajeshnat

Sad News - VEnkatakailasam is no more

Post by rajeshnat »

So sorry to hear this. I have personally exchanged emails and have never had a chance to meet him. Condolences to his family. Very sad day indeed.He took way too much effort in not just uploading to his blog , but categorizing in different ways like Narayana theerthar , RTP etc . During the years 2011 to say 2014, he was a prolific contributor. He will be missed
For those who do not know him here is his 2 blogs.

http://e-swari.blogspot.com/ and http://myblogkumara.blogspot.com/

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Venkatakailasam has made 4170 posts , his id was venkatakailasam and here are his posts
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10427

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

' For those of us here of a certain age for whom the certainty of finishing our sojourn on earth is nigh, losing a rasikA like him is something which makes us reflect. A quick (and easy on others) end is what we all pray for...'
Very true
A great loss.
Thanjavooran
14 11 2016

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

It is indeed a great loss to the Rasika community , in addition to his family and friends. May his soul rest in peace.

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

condolences to near and dear... His last post was on deepavali eve...may he rest peacefully for ever...

maduraimini

Re: Great Sharer of Music--Venkatakailasam has Left Us

Post by maduraimini »

Sorry to hear about Sri Venkatakailasam. He used to share a lot of Music her at Rasikas with us. He'll be missed very much. Condolences to his Near and Dear.

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

Such a sad news. Sri Venkata Kailasam always had something to share with us. I have been to his site, where he had Bhajans of Sri Sai Baba and good anecdotes of Sri Kanchi Maha Periava. May his soul Rest in Peace.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Really sad to know about this. I had gone to his house and discussed about music and many other subjects two years back. Since then I have been keeping contact over phone. When I was sick, he frequently inquired me over phone. Myself and Nageswaran Sir wanted to go and meet him. Alas! That did not happen due to various reasons. He will always be remembered for his sharing of music, Mangalathai kelungal, Posts on, Sai Baba, Kanchi Maha Periyavaa, Kavithaigal on Maha Periyavaa which are real outpourings of his mind. Let his soul rest in peace at the feet of Sai Baba. Condolences to his family who are very hospitable and affectionate. I had long talks with them also many times over phone.

Purist

Post by Purist »

Very sad to know Sri Kailasam is no more with us. Through his blog he rendered yeoman's service to share
and spread CM and religious discourses. He will always be remembered for his selfless service. May the
noble soul rest in eternal peace.

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Great soul. Great loss. Extremely sorry to hear this.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Sincere condolences.

Sangeethapriye80

Post by Sangeethapriye80 »

A true rasika who spoke his (Carnatic music) mind with passion. May his soul rest in 'eternal music' peace.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Sorry to hear. He was very active for his age.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

I'm very sorry to learn of Sri Venkatakailasam passing away. He was very generous to us all. My sincere condolences to everyone here.

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Very sad to hear this news. He was a wonderful person, who I have only communicated through the forum.
He knew my father (Gobilalitha) very well, they both grew up in Salem in Maravaneri in neighboring houses.
When my father passed away 3 years ago, VK sir managed to find some rare old photos that even I hadn't seen.
He wrote us a number of e-mails and messages recollecting his interactions with my father.
Gem of a person.
The forum is going to miss this excellent friend.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Mohan - Kamalamba

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

In my association with rasikas.org, I have enjoyed Sri Venkatakailasam's posts. Very informative. Very sad to hear his demise

ravichitrapu

Post by ravichitrapu »

Very sorry to hear. Though I didnt know him I would frequently read his posts in rasikas.org
may his soul rest in peace.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Sorry to hear about Sri.Venkatakailasam's demise. Although I had not met him I loved his posts and moderate stances on the most hotly-discussed topics.

My sincere condolences to the family.

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

Condolences. He seemed like a gem of a person.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Both obituary threads have been merged now.