Mythologies, Mysteries, Modern Facts of the Nine Planets by VKV

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
MaheshS

Mythologies, Mysteries, Modern Facts of the Nine Planets by VKV

Post by MaheshS »

From an old thread I found the above book by our VKV [cacm], is there an ebook I can buy from somewhere? Thanks!

cacm

Re: Mythologies, Mysteries, Modern Facts of the Nine Planets by VKV

Post by cacm »

Dear Mahesh,
ALL OF THEM SOLD OUT & when I GO TO chennai (on Jan10th- FEB 14TH) I can try to find a few copies that may be with PERSONS THERE.
I can copy the special AUDIO recording I made of Sri.S.RAJAM (Without any accompaniments as I have spent studying the COUNTESS number of years MARVELING& trying to understand the genius&subtelities etc) who was taught by Ambi Dhikshitar (Direct descendent of Muthuswamy Dhikshithar) & from whom every Golden AGE Musician learnt them.
Where do you live? I live in Los Alamos,NM; vkv@juno.com & 505-6612618.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate it very much. I am based in Manchester, UK!

If you can upload the audio to sangeethapriya or some where like that, I can get hold of it! And if you can locate any physical copies in Chennai and let me know, I will get my brother to come and meet / greet you and get the book from you. Namaskarams and many thanks again.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

And as a service, your permission, copyright etc etc permitting, I will scan the book and upload it for other persons interested in the same.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Mahesh,
I will be staying at WOODLANDS Jan 11-Feb 13. My cell # will be9962441295. The one SURE place to meet will be at MS CENTENARY FUNCTION where I will be speaking, MCing etc at Sastry Hall (5-9 P.M. ON JAN 15TH). Incidentally Parivadini will be web casting it. You may find it interesting as it will be a somewhat different type of function as it combines two programs into one. PL ask your brother to identify himself.
REG. COPY RIGHTS ETC I wrote the BOOK itself only to bring the GENIUS, TALENT & KNOWLEDGE OF Sri.S.Rajam. THERE IS NO NEED FOR PERMISSION ETC. YOU CAN USE THE CD& CONTENTS OF THE BOOK any way you wish as MY AIM is for the WORLD TO REALISE WHAT A GIANT HE WAS.....VKV

SrividyaC

Post by SrividyaC »

Dear Mahesh S ji and cacm ji
The title of the book is very interesting. I have an amateur interest in astrology and my husband has studied it quite a bit. Would you kindly share the ebook copy of the book with me too, please?
My email address is srividyac7@gmail.com

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srividyac
instead of procuring through scanning or ecopy , please look at post #2 , shri VK Viswanathan has given his Los Alamos, New Mexico phone details, you can call him and do the needed arrangement. Let us respect commercial angle

SrividyaC

Post by SrividyaC »

Sure rajeshnat ji. You're right, I'll do that.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

I finally managed to find a second hand copy from eBay US for 12 dollars along with the CD!! Yay. My brother has it at the mo, I will get my hands on it probably in December.
cacm wrote: 16 Dec 2015, 02:08 Dear Mahesh,
REG. COPY RIGHTS ETC I wrote the BOOK itself only to bring the GENIUS, TALENT & KNOWLEDGE OF Sri.S.Rajam. THERE IS NO NEED FOR PERMISSION ETC. YOU CAN USE THE CD& CONTENTS OF THE BOOK any way you wish as MY AIM is for the WORLD TO REALISE WHAT A GIANT HE WAS.....VKV
Thanks again VKV Sir. I will scan and upload the contents for the benefit of others who are interested.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

MaheshS,
In his worded quote , he only asked you to share in any way you wish possibly for may be limited friends . Did he explicitly state digitize and throw it to the whole world. I am kind of 50 50 there.

For now you can share ebay link people can pay that 12 USD and buy more , if there are sufficient stocks. I doubt if scanning is also OK,i have a personal hardcopy book with me .Let SrividyaC reach VKV Sir.

SrividyaC,
U can call him and explicit ask if scanning can be done along with CD and if upload is ok. do let us know.He is approachable always .

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

rajeshnat wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 19:16 For now you can share ebay link people can pay that 12 USD and buy more , if there are sufficient stocks. I doubt if scanning is also OK,i have a personal hardcopy book with me .Let SrividyaC reach VKV Sir.
There isn't. This listing was pretty recent as well, I've been on the look out for years now. And VKV sir's post is as unambiguous as it can be to me.

YOU CAN USE THE CD& CONTENTS OF THE BOOK any way you wish as MY AIM is for the WORLD TO REALISE WHAT A GIANT HE WAS.....VKV

50-50 for you? :) Anyways, I've emailed him and let's see what he says.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Got confirmation from VKV Sir that it's OK.
Namaskarams VKV Sir.

I post as MaheshS in rasikas.org forum. I messaged you a couple of years ago regarding your book Mythologies, Mysteries Modern Facts about the Nine Planets. Finally I managed to get hold of a copy from eBay.

I did ask your permission to see if I can scan and upload this book online for anyone interested, and you did say so, but I want to confirm again that you have no objections to this and the eBook can be made available publicly on the internet.

Thank you.

Seeking your blessings,

Mahesh
and a quick reply,
Yes, of course you can.
THANK S.RAJAM.HIS CENTENARY IS THIS YEAR. REGS, VKV

SrividyaC

Post by SrividyaC »

I just emailed him this morning but haven't received a response.
In the meantime, just saw this link http://creative.sulekha.com/navagrahas- ... 25814_blog
Quoted from the blog:
"This is a rare book. Perhaps copies are available at 41, Nadu Street, Mylapore where Shri Rajam lived. Perhaps enquiries can also be made with the Printer (Sudarshan Graphics, 27, Neelakanta Mehta Street, T Nagar, Chennai)."

Coupled with the pictures of the book shared in the above blog, i'm very much intrigued and would love to own a hard copy of the book. Going through some efforts to get it is no matter (i do it for all sorts of things, why not for such a beautiful treasure :) ). Side note: Wouldnt it be nice if this book comes back into circulation by demand in Shri. S Rajam's centenary year. Therefore, please do not undergo the trouble of scanning the book and CD MaheshS ji, atleast not for my sake. And if i may suggest (just my personal take) dont release it to the world right away. If there is a demand, let us all write to the publishers and bring the book back into circulation. I appreciate Shri VKV ji's generosity and spirit to share the contents of the book, as well as your willingness to scan the book.