S.Aishwarya sings in Shanmukhananda - 16/9/2014

Concerts and other events related to CM.
cienu

S.Aishwarya sings in Shanmukhananda - 16/9/2014

Post by cienu »

On the occasion of the 98th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna M.S.Subbulakshmi, there will be a function in Shanmukhananda - Mumbai on Sep 16th 2014 in her honour.

The program details are as follows:

7.00 PM :

Venue : Sri Shanmukhananda Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Auditorium

1.Bharat Ratna Dr. M. S. Subbulakshmi Sangeetha Pracharya Award to Smt. Suguna Varadhachary
2.Conferment of Sri Shanmukhananda Bharat Ratna Dr. M. S. Subbulakshmi Fellowship in Music to young and promising artistes
Following which there will be a Carnatic vocal recital by

Kumari S. Aishwarya - Vocal
Vidwan Sri V V Ravi - Violin
Vidwan Sri K V Prasad - Mridangam

All Mumbai Rasikas are most welcome.

rshankar

Re: S.Aishwarya sings in Shanmukhananda - 16/9/2014

Post by rshankar »

Cienu - best wishes for a wonderful event, and specifically, to Aishwarya et al! We will, as usual, vicariously enjoy it through your pictures and uploads.

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

Wonderful.

Glad to see that VV Ravi and KV Prasad are accompanying! I'm sure this would turn to another great concert...

cienu

Post by cienu »

Dear Ravi and Pattamma,
Thank you for your kind wishes. :)
All of us are looking forward to this event which will be also be Aishwarya's first concert at Shanmukhananda.
Looking forward to meeting the members of Rasikas.org in Mumbai viz Priyasekhar, Vinayak Kharat et al.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Cienu: Best wishes for Aishwarya's maiden concert at the hallowed Shanmukhananda Hall!!!

Ramesh Mama

Ramasubramanian M.K

Cienu: Best wishes for Aishwarya's maiden concert at the hallowed Shanmukhananda Hall!!!

Ramesh Mama

cienu

Post by cienu »

Thank you Ramesh Mama for your kind wishes.:) Whenever I think of Shanmukhananda , I remember the historic mikeless concert in the late 1970's which Patti and Amma performed for 3 hours without power after the Western Power Grid crashed shortly after the concert commenced ! The stage was lit with just a Kuthuvillaku and not a soul left the hall which was packed and pin drop silence maintained. Swami Chinmayananda was to comment later that it was a unique experience to hear Patti's voice without a mike.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Best wishes to Aishwarya

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ramesh,
Shanmukhananda Sabha in our childhood days was something like what Cleveland is today---a testimonial to what the 'immigrant' southerners achieved in bringing about in a far off city, a center for listening to CM which they sorely missed n the place where they went to work. Your father being one of the key figures in the scene means we have rich sources of CM's history of sabhAs and of artistes in your posts.

Cienu,
May Aishwarya follow the footsteps of her grandmother and her great grandmother :) A happy concert to her and rasikAs alike. Such accompanists too...

cienu

Post by cienu »

Dear Sri VK Raman and Arasi
Thank you for kind comments.
For Rasikas in Mumbai and elsewhere.
The full program is being telecast live on Sankara TV channel.
There is a slight change however.
The function will now begin with S.Aishwarya's concert at 5.55 pm on Sep 16th. The awards function will follow subsequently

raghavt

Post by raghavt »

All The Best :-BD

cienu

Post by cienu »

Thank you Raghavt

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri Cienu,
Best wishes to Aishwarya. As usual, enjoy it through your pictures and uploads !
With blessings,
Thanjavooran
15 09 2014

cienu

Post by cienu »

Thank you Sri Thanjavooran ☺

cienu

Post by cienu »

My sincere apologies to all those who were waiting to see my daughter S.Aishwarya's program live on Sankara TV.
I truly regret the unintended mis-information.
I came to know much later that the concert was not under the scope of the live telecast of Sankara TV channel
The kutcheri by itself was of extremely short duration ( 40 minutes) due to certain issues.
Please find below a picture of the concert in progress
In case the picture does not open fully please click on the link below:
http://i59.tinypic.com/kbzyw7.jpg

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Cienu - thank you! What a lovely backdrop!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Thanks, Cienu. A bit of a let down, though. Yes, speeches sometimes eat into the concert, but this is a bit much. After traveling all the way to Mumbai, with a well-planned and well prepared song list, to face a curtailed hour (barely!) and to decide on the spot what to sing and what to leave would have been a difficult thing.

Also, such good accompanists were perhaps wasted on this precis of a concert...

Still, would like to hear a bit of what Aishwarya did sing and of their playing. Whatever the reason, to inform (TV station or the sabha) that the concert was going to be telecast and then not actually showing it wasn't that gracious :(
Last edited by arasi on 19 Sep 2014, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Cienu: I too was disappointed like Arasi--not your fault however--I rushed back from a concert9when there was anothr young vocalist due to sing @ Nada Inbam) only to find out the boring speeches and the tedious awards ceremony--don't get me wrong --I respect Shankar very much--(disclosure:He lived two buildings from mine in matunga went to the same school--12 years my Junior, a good family friend and has done OUTSTANDING work for Shanmukhananda and the sankara Matam). HOWEVER THIS TURNED OUT TO BE A SHANMUKHANANDA BOOSTER RATHER THAN MSS.

Anyway I will not quibble--the chance Aishwarya got to sing before a packed hall is redeeming--although we listeners lost out on it!!

If you can post excerpts of the concert please do.