NAVARATHRI FESTIVAL 2014

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Rasikapriya2013

NAVARATHRI FESTIVAL 2014

Post by Rasikapriya2013 »

Navarathri Festival 2014
September 24 to October 2 , 6pm to 8:30pm every evening
Venue : Navarathri Mandapam , Trivandrum

September 24,Wednesday
Main Kriti : Devi Jagajjanani - Shankarabharanam
Smt Baby Sreeram - Vocal
Avaneeswaram Sri S.R. Vinu - Violin
Dr G.Babu - Mridangam
Vazhapalli Sri Krishnakumar - Ghatam

September 25 , Thursday
Main Kriti : Pahimam Sri Vageeshwari - Kalyani
Prof.Parassala B.Ponnammal - Vocal
Sri Mahadev Sarma - Violin
Nanjil Sri Arul - Mridangam
Manjoor Sri Unnikrishnan - Ghatam

September 26 , Friday
Main Kriti : Devi Pavane - Saveri
Prof K.Venkataramanan - Vocal
Trivandrum Sri Sampath - Violin
Sri Anilkumar Wadagara - Mridangam
Adichanaloor Sri Anilkumar - Ghatam

September 27 , Saturday
Main Kriti : Bharati Maamava- Thodi
Prince Rama Varma - Vocal
Avaneeswaram Sri S.R.Vinu - Violin
Sri B.Harikumar - Mridangam
Dr S.Karthick - Ghatam
Payyanur Sri Govindaprasad - Morsing

September 28 , Sunday
Main Kriti : Janani Maamava-Bhairavi
Sri Sanjay Subrahmanyan - Vocal
Sri S.Varadarajan - Violin
Sri B.Harikumar - Mridangam
Dr S.Karthick - Ghatam

September 29 , Monday
Main Kriti : Saroruhasana Jaaye - Kamavardhini
Sri T.V. Gopalakrishnan - Vocal
Sri S.Varadarajan - Violin
Sri Vijay Natesan - Mridangam
Tripunitura Sri Radhakrishnan - Ghatam

September 30 , Tuesday
Main Kriti : Janani Pahi - Suddha Saveri
Kum. Amrutha Venkatesh - Veena
Palghat Sri. K.S.Maheshkumar - Mridangam
Udupi Sridhar - Ghatam
Payyanur Sri Govindaprasad - Morsing

October 1 , Wednesday
Main Kriti : Pahi Janani - Nattaknjurii
Smt R.Vedavalli - Vocal
Sri R.K.Shriramkumar - Violin
Mannargudi Sri Easwaran - Mridangam
Perukavu Sri Sudheer - Ghatam

October 2 , Thursday
Main Kriti: Pahi Parvatanandini - Arabhi
Sri Ashwath Narayanan - Vocal
Attukal Sri Balasubramaniam - Violin
Sri N.C.Bharadwaj - Mridangam
Kottayam Sri Murali - Morsing

CRama

Re: NAVARATHRI FESTIVAL 2014

Post by CRama »

TVM Navarathri Festival is getting a face lift- thanks to Prince Rama Varma- The old face was not ugly either-
Many first timers- from veteran Vedavalli Mami to Baby Sreeram and young vidwan Aswath Naraynan.
And Amrita Venkatesh playing Veena.
Thrissur Ramachandran is dropped.
All the best for the program.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

Copied from Varmaji's site ramavarma.yolasite.com

What is the Navarathri Mandapam Festival?
"When Sage Kambar (author of the epic Kamba Ramayanam) knew that his end was nearing, he gifted the idol of Sri Saraswathi which he worshipped, to a Chera King whose name I forget. This was before the formation of the Venad Swarupam and later Travancore. The state of Travancore was established by Maharaja Anusham Thirunal Marthanda Varma (1729-1758) who had only two options at the time - to kill or be killed. He opted for the former - and ably aided by the genius of his minister ("Dalawa") Ramayyan, wiped out his enemies being nearly wiped out himself on more occasions than one but that is another story. In fact he vanquished his enemies so thoroughly that the succeeding Maharajahs had little to do in the defense department, which left them ample time for the finer things in life - music, for example. Though Maharaja Swati Thirunal Rama Varma remains the most famous musician, composer and patron of arts in the family, there were many others before and after him who have rendered invaluable service to the cause of art and literature in their own way. To come back to our story, the Chera King had promised Sage Kambar that the Navaratri Festival for the precious Saraswathi Amman would be conducted every year, come what may. This promise has always been kept and the Navaratri Festival is being conducted by the royal family of Travancore to this day".

Where does this festival take place? This Festival takes place in the Navarathri Mandapam, adjacent to the Sri Padmanabha Swami Temple of Trivandrum.

How can we reach the Venue? By Air: Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is located at Valiyathura 6kms from the city. Many international air carriers operate daily flights to the Middle East, Male and Sri Lanka from Thiruvananthapuram. Indian Airlines has direct connections to Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi. Jet Air (Gulf Air) has daily flights to Mumbai and Chennai.
By Rail: The main railway station is the Thiruvanananthapuram Central station located at Thampanoor about one and half kilometres from the Venue. There are daily trains such as Parasuram express, Malabar express and Cannanore express. There are also daily express trains to Kochi such as the Venad express, the Kerala express and the Vanchinad express.
By Road: Thampanoor is the main bus terminal in Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala State Transport operates a comprehensive service from Thiruvananthapuram, throughout the state and to Tamil Nadu. The city bus terminal is situated at Fort from where most of the city service originates. State and National Highways connect Thiruvananthapuram to all major Indian cities.

What are the dates of this festival? The 9 day Navarathri Mandapam Festival takes place annually during the 9 days of the Navarathri/Pooja/Dusserah Festival. Therefore the dates of this festival change according to the Hindu calendar.

When does each concert commence? The concerts commence at 6pm SHARP.

When does each the concert end? Unlike the concerts during the Swathi Sangeethotsav each concert during the Navarathri Mandapam Festival concludes at a fixed time which is 8.30pm SHARP. This is then followed by a Deeparadhana/AARTI.

Are there any restrictions at the Navarathri Mandapam Festival?
Yes. The Navarathri Mandapam Festival being a festival that takes place within the Navarathri Mandapam adjacent to the Sri Padmanabha Swami Temple, the following restrictions apply:
Non-Hindus are not allowed inside
Men (audience and performers) are required to remove their shirts before entering
People are not allowed to wear sandals
Applause is not permitted as every concert is a musical offering and not a performance.
Mobile phones are strictly forbidden inside.
One has to be seated by 6PM itself and cannot leave before the concert finishes at 8.30

Some salient features of the Navarathri Mandapam Festival:
The Navarathri Mandapam Festival steeped in tradition is a musical offering to the Goddess of learning and wisdom Saraswathi Devi.
Until 2006 tradition demanded the prohibition of entry into the Navarathri Mandapam for women folk as listeners and/or musicians. However, 2006 is an important year in the history of the Navarathri Mandapam Festival and in the history of Music itself as this was the year when the ancient tradition was abolished and the mostly retired Smt Parassala Ponnammal became the first woman to sing at the Mandapam enthralling an audience that for the first time comprised also of women. This revolutionary move admitting women both as audience and performers was not achieved overnight and into its realization went years of focused effort on the part of Prince Rama Varma. This was hugely welcomed by music circles and the Indian society in general.

Is this festival open to all?
Sorry, but entry into the Navarathri Mandapam is not open to all. Non-Hindus are not allowed inside the Mandapam, however, Speakers installed outside, near the steps of the Sri Padmanabha Swami Temple make it possible for every lover of music to listen to the concerts even from outside the temple. A chunk of each day's concert is broadcast by All India Radio from 9.30pm till 11pm the same night.

What are the seating arrangements like at the festival? People have to sit on the floor inside the Mandapam. One could sit on the steps outside the Mandapam.

How can we ensure a seat of our preference? One is sure to find a good place to sit if one were to reach the venue by 5.45pm or so.

What compositions are performed at this Festival? The compositions performed at this festival are the Navarathri Krithis and others songs composed by Maharajah Swathi Thirunal.
The Navarathri Krithis are the following (name of the Krithi followed by the Raaga and the Thaal)
Devi Jagat Janani, Sankarabharanam, Adi
Pahimam Sri Vageeswari, Kalyani, Adi
Devi Pavane, Saveri, Adi
Bharati Mamava, Todi, Adi
Janani Mamavameye, Bhairavi, Misra Chapu
Saroruhasana Jaye, Pantuvarali, Adi
Janani Pahi, Shuddhasaveri, Misra Chapu
Pahi Janani Santatam, Nattakurinji, Misra Chapu
Pahi Parvatanandini, Arabhi, Adi

Are the concerts purely vocal or is any other form of music performed? The concerts are both vocal and instrumental in Carnatic style.

Who organizes this festival? This festival is organized by the Navarathri Trust.

This year's lineup

Dr G.Baby Sreeram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW2WsvoB ... ata_player

Prof.Parassala B.Ponnammal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxuDdlXZ ... ata_player

Prof.Venkataramanan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw6m6Ko ... ata_player

Prince Rama Varma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWpIPeRI ... ata_player

Sri Sanjay Subrahmanyan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB5rY9aD ... ata_player

Prof.T.V.Gopalakrishnan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoE4aeJ ... ata_player

Ms Amrutha Venkatesh(Veena)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7jZq92 ... ata_player

Smt R.Vedavalli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaNF9BA ... ata_player

Sri Ashwath Narayanan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjkM3pM ... ata_player

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Mybe, one year, I will be able to go ... but I am not travelling that far only to sit on a step outside.

(actually, there is currently another impediment: monsoon flood danger. Dare not leave the house empty, or wife alone at this time, this year, noto knowing if our defences will suffice until they are tested)

Rasikapriya2013

Nick H wrote:Mybe, one year, I will be able to go ...
Dear Mr.Nick

There was a famous Indian poet,- Kabir who gave a new direction to the Indian philosophy through his Dohas. Doha is a form of self-contained rhyming couplet in poetry. One such Doha goes like this...
"Kaal Kare So Aaj Kar, Aaj Kare So Aub
Pal Mein Pralaya Hoyegi, Bahuri Karoge Kub"

Translation
What you like to do tomorrow, do it today
What you like to do today, do it now.
When life itself is full of unforeseen happenings
how will you get your work done then?

Kabir's beautiful poem which emphasises on now, the present, the moment as it is. As they say, it is now or never. :)
Last edited by Rasikapriya2013 on 08 Sep 2014, 22:40, edited 2 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama wrote:TVM Navarathri Festival is getting a face lift- thanks to Prince Rama Varma- The old face was not ugly either-
Many first timers- from veteran Vedavalli Mami to Baby Sreeram and young vidwan Aswath Naraynan.
And Amrita Venkatesh playing Veena.
Thrissur Ramachandran is dropped.
All the best for the program.
Usually Rama Verma, Sanjay Subrahmanyan and Amrutha Venkatesh always perform , the rest of the 6 slots gets usually rotated with a mix of young and not so young. I was thinking Vidushi Parassala ponnammal must have retired from singing , I just googled to find that the golden girl is 90 this year- golden girl ponnammAl singing amidst the lighted lamps is surely an intense blissful moment. Wish Trivandrum is bit closer. Best wishes to Sri rama varma and team

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

As they say, it is now or never....
Well yes, except there'll be a man on the door. Ultimately, the entrance rules are the entrance rules. No doubt, I could make a request directly to Rama Varma, but it would be embarrassing for both if he has no choice but to refuse. These things are not a one-man system, but arise out of the customs of the area and the functioning to date of the family to which this temple complex "belongs."

Modernisation is afoot. I understand that, up to a few years ago, female artists were not accommodated. RV has changed that. The future remains to be seen. The "face-lift," perhaps, is ongoing.

The January festival, to which all are welcome occurs at a bad time for Chennai rasikas, who have not even begun to get over the Season. I haven't been to Trivandrum for a long time :(

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

Nick, if you can sit crosslegged, take off your shirt (and be in dhoti/veshti - which you are used to anyway), you are most welcome. I don't think religion prevents one form entering mandapam for the concert... But, entry to temple would be restricted though :(

Rasikapriya2013

The January festival, to which all are welcome occurs at a bad time for Chennai rasikas, who have not even begun to get over the Season. I haven't been to Trivandrum for a long time :(
With Chennais Mega music season just closing, Swathi Festival in January comes at such a perfect time.
In the Front courtyard of the Kuthiramalika Palace, you can continue enjoying the season for another Ten days.
This is one festival, every music lover should experience atleast once. All are welcome and there is no time restriction for the Musician to perform.
With an ambience so beautiful, it is a Royal musical retreat.
An experience I am sure anyone will treasure and cherish. :)

CRama

Post by CRama »

Pattamaa, To clarify, the Navarathri Mandapam will not allow non Hindus inside the Mandapam. IT is mentioned in Rama Varma's write up also. Face lift has not reached that extent. For rasikas who cannot attend Navarathri Mandapam concerts, the Festival in Kuthira Malika in Feb is the best opportunity.
I have not attended Kuthira Malika concerts- for it is of recent origin- I left TVM in 1987. But soon I will attend this.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

Here is an article on Maharaja by Varmaji.

http://ramavarma.yolasite.com/maharaja- ... rticle.php

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

CRama - i have seen couple of "foreign' faces last few years.. But, not sure if they were converted to hindus (is there anything like that)?

CRama

Post by CRama »

The foreign faces would not have gone inside the mandapam. They might be sitting on the steps to the Padmanabhaswamy temple and enjoying the music.

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

they were sitting near me in Mandapam... :) i was regular visitor last few years...though i won't be travelling this year....i will try and check with some of my other contacts about them...

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I'm not sure that I should have raised this at all. Perhaps discretion is practised, and perhaps discretion should not be shouted about in public.

As I have said, it is just not possible for me to go anywhere in Sept/Oct of this year anyway. The line up is wonderful, well worth travelling for --- but it can't be done.

Let me just be content that, rains, or no rains, I live in the place of carnatic music excess. And I am content: very happy indeed.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

If somebody missed the link I had posted, here is Varmaji's article on Swathi Thirunal Maharaja.

Article on Maharaja Swathi Thirunal

It is said that once the great musical sage Narada asked Lord Vishnu,
"Oh Lord! Where do you actually reside? In Vaikunta? In the hearts of Yogis?"
and Vishnu sang,
"Naaham vasaami Vaikunte,
Yoginaam hridaye na cha,
Mad bhaktaa yathra gaayanthi,
Thathra thishtaami Naarada."
("I don't live in Vaikunta, nor in the hearts of Yogis.
I am present where my devotees Sing tunefully about me.")
While most believers would agree that we need the grace of God for our well
being, it is equally pertinent that God needs His or Her Devotees too, to sing
His/Her praises! The amount of popularity enjoyed by Sri Rama today for
instance, would be significantly less without the contribution of great devotees
like Valmiki, Tulasidas, Thyagaraja, Bhadrachala Ramadasa and others.
Our own Lord Sri Padmanabhaswamy is no different in this respect.
Despite having had a long line of Padmanabha Dasas to serve Him, the
place that Maharaja Sri Swathi Thirunal has, is utterly unique and special,
not just in the history of the temple, but in the history of Indian culture itself.
Sangeetha Pithaamaha The Great Grandfather of Music, Sri Purandaradasa
wrote,
Malagi paadidare, kulitu keluvanu - If you lie down and sing, I'll sit up and listen
Kulitu paadidare, nintu keluvanu - If you sit and sing, I will stand up and listen
Nintu paadidare, nalidu keluvanu - If you stand and sing, I will dance and listen
Nalidu paadidare, Swargasure bittenembe, Purandara Vittala !
- If you Dance and sing, then it is indeed Heaven, Oh Purandara Vittala!
Maharaja Swathi Thirunal personified the sentiment contained within this
verse.
Much better known is The Sanskrit sloka from ‘Sankraha Chudamani’
which says
"Sangeethamapi sahithyam Saraswathya sthana dwayam
Ekam aapatha madhuram anyathaalochanamrutham”
meaning, "Music and poetry are the two breasts of Saraswathi.
Music pleases one the moment one hears it, whereas poetry gives pleasure
after one contemplates it or analyzes it."
Maharaja Swathi Thirunal personifies this too and could be rightly called
"Saraswathyputhra" or the "Son of Goddess Saraswathy": somebody who
embodied Music, Dance and Poetry in equal measure.
Like most people who are more evolved than others and who are visionaries
ahead of their time, he had to suffer a lot and was forced to lead a tragic and
frustrating life. But within this short life, his accomplishments in various areas
like music, literature, administration, astronomy, social reforms, spirituality,
languages and temple administration to name a few, literally boggle the mind!
If people can be categorized as
the village idiot,
the local hero,
the national treasure
and
the world class individual,
Maharaja Swathi Thirunal was somebody who was truly world class. The
outcome is rarely a happy one when world class individuals and their lives are
at the mercy of people from the "village idiot" category and we can
observe this phenomenon occur again and again, throughout history.
Mozart, Beethoven, Vincent Van Gogh, Meerabai, Avvayyar, Thyagaraja
.....they all had to go through this. But all these people left behind something
beautiful, joyful and inspirational that lived and continues to live, long after their
time.
In the year 2013 the world celebrated the 200th birth anniversary of Maharaja.
What else happened in 2013?
Shiva and Vishnu followers continued their fight with each other.
Sunni and Shia Muslims continued to kill each other.
Mohammed Rafi and Kishore Kumar fans continued to insult each other,
long after both these great singers had passed on.
Gurus of one school of music ordered their students to stay away from rival
schools of music........and so on and so forth.

When division and separatism seems to be the order of the day even in 2013,
it is quite amazing how inclusive and universal a spirit Maharaja had, even
though he lived 200 years ago.
Apart from sending his brilliant court musician Shatkala Govinda Marar to
Tiruvaiyyaar to invite Sri Thyagara to come to Travancore, he invited vidwans
from all over the country to adorn his court and quenched his thirst for
knowledge in various aspects of music, both South Indian (Carnatic) as well as
North Indian (Hindustani). To the best of my knowledge he remains one of the
few individuals, if not the Only individual who encompasses Indian classical
music as a whole, having composed Swarajathis, Jathiswarams, Pada
Varnams, Thaana Varnams, Keerthanams, Ragamalikas, Thillanas, Padams
and Javalis in the Carnatic style and Dhrupads, Khayals, Thumris, Bhajans,
Horis, Tappas and Taranas in the Hindusthani style. Despite the forms of
composition being so varied and despite having written the lyrics in languages
as diverse as Malayalam, Manipravalam, Sanskrit, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi
and Braj Bhasha, the same typical and unmistakably sweet and lilting "Swathi
Touch" runs through all his works and connects them like a silken thread.

The most salient factor that runs through all his works is his love, passion
and obssession with Sri Padmanabhaswamy. Despite being such an ardent
devotee of Lord Sri Padmanabha, Maharaja Swathi Thirunal composed dozens
of exquisite compositions on Rama, Krishna, Ganesha, Anjaneya, Narasimha,
Subrahmanya, Siva, Saraswathy, Lakshmi and Durga. He composed songs for
the nine evenings of Navarathri, nine songs depicting the nine forms of devotion
or "Nava Vidha Bhakthi" (Being Sravanam - Listening to the names of the Lord,

Keerthanam - Singing/chanting of the names of the Lord

Smaranam - Remembering the Lord

Paada Sevanam - Serving at the feet of the Lord

Archanam - Worship or Pooja

Vandanam - Saluting the Lord

Daasyam - Being a slave to the Lord

Sakhyam - Seeing the Lord as a friend

and

Aatma Nivedanam - Surrendering oneself or offering one's soul to the Lord) and
organized the music for the Naadaswara Seva at the Sri Padmanabhaswamy
temple. These songs continue to be played to this day, though the standard
of the musicians has gone down somewhat during the last decade or two, with
many of the senior musicians passing away.

Every year, during the first two weeks of January, a music festival is organized
at the Kuthiramalika Palace where Maharaja spent the very last part of his life.
This festival called the "Swathi Sangeethotsavam" continues to attract larger
and larger crowds of music lovers year after year. Only compositions of
Maharaja are sung and I network with the artists who are invited, to ensure that
almost no song is repeated during the course of the festival. Many videos from
the festival are uploaded on youtube.com in the IDs musique4ever and
musiquebox and are enjoyed by viewers from all over the world. When
Maharaja's 200th brithday is celebrated, the Swathi Sangeethotsavam is
expected to celebrate it's 15th birthday in from January 4 to 13, 2014.

The discovery of a huge amount of wealth recently, rocketed the Sri
Padmanabhaswamy Temple to fame all over India and outside the country too.
The treausre has brought out greed, anxiety, fear, pride and so many kinds
of emotions in people, not to mention miles and miles of space in the print
media and hours upon hours of meaningless debates and panel discussions
on TV channels where people try to shout each other down.

In the middle of this cacophony, I feel blessed to be dealing with the non
tension generating and infinitely more priceless treasures that have been left
for the whole world to enjoy, by the Ultimate Padmanabha Dasa, Maharaja
Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma.

By Rama Varma (Not Swathi Thirunal),

Kawadiar Palace,

Trivandrum,

January 2014

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

sweetsong wrote: Like most people who are more evolved than others and who are visionaries ahead of their time, he had to suffer a lot and was forced to lead a tragic and
frustrating life.
Sweetsong or anyone else,
May I know what he had to suffer in his life and what was also tragic and frustrating . I am not aware - the only thing that I know of ST was his death at the age of 33.

Rasikapriya2013

Very nice article ! Experiences and stories from the Prince's point of view !
I can only imagine how it would be to hear Thaanam being sung with percussion accompaniments in front of the Goddess.
Must be Divine and Blissful!
Thank you for sharing this with us.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

sanjaysubfan

Post by sanjaysubfan »

Thanks so much for those links sweetsong. One day I hope I will get to listen to 'my' favourite musician at one of 'his' favourite venues!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

I attended one of the most awesome of Sanjay's concerts there. But there was something about the whole ambience and routine that was reminiscent of the dark underbelly of our feudal past. I think I much prefer our blaring loudspeakers of Chennai which proclaim sometimes too loudly that music is for all.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

The current organizer certainly seems to be doing a lot to remedy the situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILraSJ1xgzA

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

The swati sangeetotsavam seems much more laid back and much less eli pathayamish :-) Hope to attend one sometime soon.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

We used to look forward to the live relay of concerts by AIR Trivandrum from 6.30 to 7.30 and continued from 7.45 to 9.00 pm. This was in the fifties and sixties. Percussion accompaniment to tanam was a novelty. I had the opportunity of listening live twice (KVN and BV Raman-BV Laksmanan)
Sanjay Subrahmanyan mentions in his blogspot "Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer once told me that he had sung at the Mandapam for 55 years continuously!" Two other greats of that era CVB and MMI never sang at the Mandapam. I wonder if MSG has played violin at the Mandapam anytime?

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

Compiled from Varmaji's facebook fan page.

Song Lists.

Baby Sreeram

Mayamalavagowla Varnam

Jaya Jaya Raghuramam - Shahana

Palaya Madhava - Asaveri

Narasimha - Arabhi

Kalaye - Ranjani

Mamava Jagadeeshwara - Saraswathimanohari

Devi Jagath Janani - Shankarabharanam

Saramaina - Behag

Gopala - Bageshri

Panchasayaka - Neelambari

Parasala Ponnammal

Jaya Jaya Padmanabha - Sarasangi

Paripahi - Mohanam

Rama Rama Pahi - Devagandhari

Deva Deva - Thodi

Pahimam - Kalyani

Bhavayami - Ragamalika

Mohanamayi - Yadukulakamboji

Dhanasri Thillana

Prof.K.Venkataramanan

Sarasa - Atana

Pankajanabho - Mohanam

Thaapa Shamana - Saranga Nattai

Seve Srikantham - Mohanakalyani

Bhogeendrashaayinam - Kunthalavarali

Devi Pavane - Saveri

Bhajan - Soorya

Parama Purusha - Ahiri

Smarasipuraguru

Bhaja Bhaja Manasa - Sindhubhairavi

Prince Rama Varma

Chalamela - Shankarabharanam Varnam

Paripalayamam - Reethigowla

Anandavalli - Neelambari

Nandasutha - Rohini

Saraseeruhanabha - Deshakshi

Bharathi - Thodi

Aliveni - Kurinji

Japath Japath - Ragamalika

Sanjay Subrahmanyan

Pahi Tharakshu - Jaganmohini

Kalayami - Kannada

Sarasa - Gowrimanohari

Sadhu Thada - Vakulabharanam

Janani - Bhairavi

Panchasayaka - Neelambari

Reenamadanuta - Behag

Prof.T.V.Gopalakrishnan

Anandabhairavi Varnam

Paripahi Ganadhipa - Saveri

Vande Sada - Navarasakannada

Sarojanabha - Chakravakam

Paripahi - Dharmavathi

Mamava Sada - Kanada

Saroruhasana - Panthuvarali

Itu Sahasamulu - Saindhavi

Saramaina - Behag

Amrutha Venkatesh - Veena

Ghana Raga Panchakam - Thaanam

Kamboji Ata Thaala Varnam

Deva Deva - Mayamalavagowla

Jaya Jaya - Manirangu

Bhavayami - Ragamalika

Bhogeendrashayinam - Kunthalavarali

Sarasaksha - Panthuvarali

Janani - Shuddha Saveri

Kanakamayam - Huseni

Japath Japath - Ragamalika

Vishveshvar - Sindhubhairavi

Smara Janaka - Behag

Dhanasri Thillana

R.Vedavalli

Rama Rama Pahi - Devagandhari

Vihara Manasa - Shuddha Bhairavi

Samodam - Shuddha Dhanyasi

Paripahi - Mohanam

Sri Ramachandra - Huseni

Pahi Janani - Nattakurinji

Seve Syanandureshwara - Kalyani

Aliveni - Kurinji

Ashwath Narayanan

Shankarabharanam Ata Thaala Varnam

Paripalayamam - Reethigowla

Sarojanabha - Chakravakam

Mamava Sada - Kanada

Kripaya Palaya - Charukesi

Parama Purusham - Lalithapanchamam

Sumasayaka - Karnataka Kapi

Pahi Parvatha Nandini - Arabhi

Tharuni - Dvijavanthi

Bhaja Bhaja Manasa - Sindhubhairavi

Bhjagashayino - Mangalam - Yadukulakamboji

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Thank you for the song list - sweetsong , in particular would like to know impressions about Golden girl concert . Are there any clips of that concert?

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

I haven't seen any yet. There are reviews of all nine concerts in Facebook.
I couldn't figure out some songs though, sung by Prof.Venkataramanan
for example. There is a Dharmavathi song by Prof.TVG also that I don't
know of. But the list in general looks quite impressive, with a lot of
songs covered. A nice shift from the days when around fifteen songs
were repeated again and again.