Two CD Releases-Sung by Rasikas.org Members Vidwan R. Suryaprakash and Vidushi Gayathri Girish

Concerts and other events related to CM.
arasi

Two CD Releases-Sung by Rasikas.org Members Vidwan R. Suryaprakash and Vidushi Gayathri Girish

Post by arasi »

Friends,
Two CDs of my songs by vidushi Gayathri Girish and vidwan R. Suryaprakash (fellow members) are being
released at Ragasudha Hall this coming week. Here are the invitations for the two events.

priyaram78

Re: Two CD Releases--sung by Rasikas.org Members

Post by priyaram78 »

Congratulations to you Arasi Madam. Happy to know about the CD releases sung by two eminent vocalists. A nice musical way to welcome the new year !

Sreeni Rajarao

Re: Two CD Releases-Sung by Rasikas.org Members Vidwan R. Suryaprakash and Vidushi Gayathri Girish

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Arasi avare,

Congratulations and Best Wishes for the program!

Now that Swathi Soft Solutions is involved, Rasika-s would be able to buy the CDs from them! ( I remember I had to trouble you last time!)

cacm

Re: Two CD Releases-Sung by Rasikas.org Members Vidwan R. Suryaprakash and Vidushi Gayathri Girish

Post by cacm »

CONGRAGULATIONS...I LIKE U R CPMPOSITIONS ARASI...MUSICAL AS WELL AS MEANINGFUL. VKV

cacm

Post by cacm »

CONGRAGULATIONS...I LIKE U R CPMPOSITIONS ARASI...MUSICAL AS WELL AS MEANINGFUL. VKV COMPETENT & WORTHY ARTISTS WHO CAN DO JUSTICE TO THEM... :!: :D :) 8-) 8-) :oops: :cry: :evil: http://www.rasikas.org/forums/posting.ph ... 6&p=275043#

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Arasi Avl,
Congrats! As Shri VKV rightly puts in, compositions are more meaningful.
With wishes,
Thanjavooran
01 01 2014

bombal

Post by bombal »

congratulations and best wishes to the composers and the performers...wish the function all success..regret inability to attend.

namaste
Bombay C N Balaji

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Arasi...congratulations! Best wishes for fantastic release functions!

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Arasi madam, congratulations. I cannot attend since I am leaving on 4th January. But I am sure it will be a wonderful event.
Best wishes

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

Congratulations Arasi....

cienu

Post by cienu »

Wishing great success for both the functions on 6th and 8th Jan 2015.
I will be missing these. However I do look forward to listening to the CD's.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Cienu,
Will see you before that on the 3rd at Partha at Aishwarya's concert.

Pattamma,
Hope you will make it to both events :)

Mohan,
Will miss you.

Priya, you too...

Sreeni,
Thank you. My third CD sung by Sumitra Nitin was a Swathi one too.

Ravi,
I know you will be cheering from afar along with other friends. Thanjavooran and VKV, always so supportive you are. CML, srkris and VKokilam too, of course.

Balaji,
Thanks. Two artistes, one composer :)
Last edited by arasi on 01 Jan 2015, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

bombal

Post by bombal »

arasi ji...I realised that after submitting "composers"...but was doubly sure about your composing abilities and hence composers...I know its only you as the composer...great job...

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Arasi
Congratulations and best wishes!

harimau

Post by harimau »

"Engirundo Vandai Penne".

Penne pasta comes from Italy.

The Chinese claim that Marco Polo took the idea of noodles to Italy from China. The Chinese make of course only spaghetti-like noodles whereas the Italians produce tens of different varieties.

PS. Of course, this could be a reference to the Nation's bahu and not to pasta. :lol:

arasi

Post by arasi »

எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாய் பெண்ணே!
There you go!

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Arasi: best wishes for the event! And many congratulations on the release.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

'penne' has joined the elite company with Panini!!

Arasi, Best wishes for a great and memorable event.

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Best wishes for the memorable event.
As I am in Bangaluru, I am missing the programme.
S.NAGESWARAN.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sachi, Gardabha _gana, Mahavishnu, spring cuckoo and Nageswaran,

Thanks for the good wishes. The coming events keep me occupied, and I hope the songs are worth all this hoopla :roll:

On the other hand, the two artiste friends have sung them with sensitivity, and I do hope rasikAs take a liking to them :)

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

harimau wrote:"Engirundo Vandai Penne".

Penne pasta comes from Italy.

The Chinese claim that Marco Polo took the idea of noodles to Italy from China. The Chinese make of course only spaghetti-like noodles whereas the Italians produce tens of different varieties.
Harimau, Just saw this old archived article featured in the Atlantic's website. Reminded me of your comment... http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ta/306226/
'penne' has joined the elite company with Panini!!
Yes VK, from writing authoritative Sanskrit grammar texts to be a pressed Sandwich. Strange fate.

Arasi: Pardon the digressions. I hope my parents are able to attend the CD releases. They mentioned that they are quite looking forward to it.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

ARASI: Congrats and best wishes for the release!!

I hope the Cd's would be available for sale in the music store around NGS--I would hope to pick them up when I visit Chennai in Mid January!
Would you still be around in Chennai?

Did JS give any concert this season?

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ramesh,
How I wish you were already in Chennai!

No, JS didn't sing this season--hopefully in the next one :)

KNV1955

Post by KNV1955 »

Hope to attend the function & also meet you :D . Congratulations

KNV

arasi

Post by arasi »

Great! The couple of times I dropped in at Ragasudha, I was wondering if you and other regulars were there at that time!
Last edited by arasi on 05 Jan 2015, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Going back a few posts:

She was a woman until she was 'pasta'cized
A scholar he was, until he became daily bread
The songs were written before foodies followed
The hungry cat of the jungle who pounced in :)

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Wishing you two successful CD releases and enjoyable functions arasi. All the best to you both. Happy new year.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
ஈதல் இசை பட வாழ்தல் அதுவல்லது
ஊதியம் இல்லை உயிர்க்கு

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

My parents attended the CD release of Arasi Madam's compositions sung by Smt.Gayathri Girish. sharing their experience here. After the speeches by Arasi Madam, Cleveland Sundaram and a relative of Arasi Madam, Gayathri sang emotively. they loved the rendition of the songs Guruve sharanam and KandhA VelMurugA. Hope to read a detailed review here.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Priya,
I missed you so much there. Wish I had met your parents :(

Mahavishnu's parents were there. I have met them a few times last year, and on 29th of Dec at GBL's Remembrance concerts too on that rainiest day in Chennai. it was easy to spot them.

Gayathri Girish had just returned from ThiruyaiyAru yesterday morning, and her daughter Vishruthi wasn't feeling well at all (it did not show in her singing the invocation at all!). Though travel weary, Gayathri gave a wonderful performance. It was nice that folks turned up in spite of its being a week day. Our two well-known reviewers were there, and I'm hoping that since the weekend is upon us, they will chime in soon...