OS Thyagarajan - 8th Nov, Sunday- Great Musical experience

Concerts and other events related to CM.
anand_900315

OS Thyagarajan - 8th Nov, Sunday- Great Musical experience

Post by anand_900315 »

On behalf of SRLKM, here is an invitation for a concert of OS Thyagarajan at Dr. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium, Bangalore. Here is the details of the concert;

Bharat Ratna M.S.Subbulakshmi Birth Centenary Celebrations continuation programme

OS Thyagarajan - Vocal, 
BK Raghu - Violin

Dr. K. Ashok - Mridangam, 
G Omkar Rao - Ghatam

Venue: Dr. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium, Kumaraswamy Layout (campus of Dayananda Sagar Engineering College)
, near the outer ring road.
Time: 5.30 pm
Date: 8th Nov, 2015

The venue has an excellent acoustics and provides for a great musical experience. It is one of the best auditorium in the city with very comfortable seating. If you are free please come and enjoy the concert. The entry is FREE.

Anand S

rajeshnat

Re: OS Thyagarajan - 8th Nov, Sunday- Great Musical experience

Post by rajeshnat »

Bengaluru folks
Wonderful . YOu are all having far more concerts than chennai .
This is like 90's and 2000 of chennai - the organizers some how find a venue and organize program. There are more and more sabhas /venues coming up . God bless the royal challengers team.

anand_900315

Post by anand_900315 »

Rajeshnath,
SRLKM is a 60 yr old organisation with their calendar busy all through the year. I urge the Bangalore rasikas to attend as the auditorium is excellent providing for a great music.

You are right, Bangalore is slowly surpassing Chennai but importantly the senior artists get to perform more 3+ hour concerts and with a much higher audience participation. The Spring music festival every Feb attracts 500+ audience every day and most of them sit through the full length of the concert.

It is also a good idea for some of the established artistes of Chennai to relocate to Bangalore :P :P :P :P :P

Anand S

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

anand_900315 wrote:
It is also a good idea for some of the established artistes of Chennai to relocate to Bangalore :P :P :P :P :P

Anand S
Two occasions in the last 15 years i had two offers from a bangalore IT company, both commercially more satisfying than chennai companies . I preferred to sit in chennai with CM being one prime reason . But as a rasika I now regret not relocating to bangalore . I cannot speak for artists .

Just curious how is the throat for artists in general - Bangalore is bit more pollen, wheezing and asthma friendly :lol: .
Last edited by rajeshnat on 07 Nov 2015, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

cienu

Post by cienu »

rajeshnat wrote:But as a rasika I now regret relocating to bangalore
When did you relocate to Bangalore, Rajesh ? :)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Cienu- it's a case of the missing 'not'! ;)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

rshankar wrote:Cienu- it's a case of the missing 'not'! ;)
Sorry I missed 'not' . corrected the post