The Music Academy redeems a tiny bit of its sullied honor

Concerts and other events related to CM.
harimau

The Music Academy redeems a tiny bit of its sullied honor

Post by harimau »

There is a cancellation on the morning of Dec 22 of the 9 am concert.

The slot has been offered to Smt Seetha Narayanan who has agreed to perform.

Let us see how many of the sheeple show up even out of curiosity to find out who this musician is.

sureshvv

Re: The Music Academy redeems a tiny bit of its sullied honor

Post by sureshvv »

Another "Times now Breaking News" headline :)

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Harimau,
Thanks for some constructive posts.
As for the honour 'seithikalai munthit tharubavar (mundhirkkottai alla)' it is yours for the asking.

harimau

Post by harimau »

sureshvv wrote:Another "Times now Breaking News" headline :)
Even if the sheeple open this page out of curiosity, they won't show up at the concert.

But it is merely my personal take on the Academy's decision to invite Seetha Narayanan. They do have a choice and somehow they made a decent one despite their tendencies to do otherwise as they have repeatedly shown in the last several years.

Anybody is welcome to put me on their list of foes so they don't even get to see my posts. :evil:

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

harimau - hope no one shouts kurai ondrum illai... though i have kurai ondrum illai, after hearing that she is singing... but may not be able to make it, unless i fall sick for work purpose :)

please do attend and review in these pages...team harimau is rather quite on concert review this season...

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Harimau has no team; Harimau is a gang!!!

harimau

Post by harimau »

pattamaa wrote:harimau - hope no one shouts kurai ondrum illai... though i have kurai ondrum illai, after hearing that she is singing... but may not be able to make it, unless i fall sick for work purpose :)

please do attend and review in these pages...team harimau is rather quite on concert review this season...
Team Harimau is hitting four concerts a day each, despite ailments such as extraction of impacted fangs, etc.

The best you can hope is a summary at te end of the season. Maybe some comments too when we see reviews of concerts we have attended.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Harimau,
Now that the fang is extracted (hope you are not making a relic of it), may we hope that there will be no venom in your posts?

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

harimau wrote:There is a cancellation on the morning of Dec 22 of the 9 am concert.

The slot has been offered to Smt Seetha Narayanan who has agreed to perform.
Absolutely wonderful news. Thanks for informing

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Have neglected the recommendation in previous years. I am not really up for morning concerts this year due to home restoration, but will try to attend this one.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

We would love to attend morning programs. But it is so difficult to commute from distant Velachery. Wishing you all a very soulful and happy listening Do generate positive vibe.

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

kunthalavarali wrote:We would love to attend morning programs. But it is so difficult to commute from distant Velachery. Wishing you all a very soulful and happy listening Do generate positive vibe.
you have MRTS train from velachery to mylapore, and from there Music academy is hardly 5 minutes .... when there is a will, there is a way..

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Nick H wrote:Have neglected the recommendation in previous years. I am not really up for morning concerts this year due to home restoration, but will try to attend this one.
I have booked a cab...

harimau

Post by harimau »

Deleted

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

pattama wrote

"you have MRTS train from velachery to mylapore, and from there Music academy is hardly 5 minutes. Where there is a will..."

You are absolutely correct We were using the MRTS few years ago. Now on the wrong side of 70 I find it a bit difficult to do the triple travel twice!
We did attend morning program, that outstanding lecdem on nava pallavi by Sri D Balakrishna in MA for instance.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Really owe one big time thanks to Harimau for letting know that Smt. Seetha Mami is singing.. What a concert this was!!! PHEW, More about that in the review section.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Mami hit it out of the park. May now become her slot.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

You were there, Suresh? Did you see me? That was MV, of this forum, that I was hobnobbing with!

Both MV and I were delighted to be introduced to this lady's singing :)

arasi

Post by arasi »

Harimau,
You can be a dear (in instances like this) :) My miss, Chennai not being in my map this December :(

Nick,
So glad you could be there, disappointed as you are that your star (pole star?) vocalist did not sing this year.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I can see how the MA might have been accused (of course, from me, the word would be congratulated) of favouring RV school in recent years. Of course, they are not to be blamed for the absence of the lady herself (whose return we eagerly await) but they do seem to have gone a little to far with the pendulum swing. My point of view of course, with its absolutely admitted bias!

Anyway, I have seen Sumathi, Sumithra, Dharini, although only once each, elsewhere.

harimau

Post by harimau »

Nick H wrote: Anyway, I have seen Sumathi, Sumithra, Dharini, although only once each, elsewhere.
You still have the Archana-Arathi twins to listen to.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

True, but with all due respect to the twins, I do prefer my singers to come in ones rather than duos or more.