Sunaadalahari's Special Pallavi Concert on 4th Jun 2016 by Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Aishwarya_Shankar

Sunaadalahari's Special Pallavi Concert on 4th Jun 2016 by Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna

Post by Aishwarya_Shankar »

Dear Rasikas,
Namaskarams !
This is our third program since the inception of Sunaadalahari, - Indira Ranganatthan Trust®, an initiative to promote and support our traditional Carnatic music.
I am pleased to invite you to the special pallavi Concert by Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna on 04-Jun-2016, 6:15 p.m.

Vocal: Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna
Violin: Vid. Dr Hemalatha Rangarajan
Mrudangam: Vid. Calcutta S Arvind Ranganathan
Kanjira: Vid. B. Shree Sundarkumar
Date & Time: Saturday, 4th Jun 2016 ; 6:15 p.m.
Venue: Raga Sudha Hall, Near Nageshwarao Park, Mylapore, Chennai
All are welcome :-)

For Rasikas in Chennai, Please see if you can come in person.

http://www.facebook.com/Sunaadalahari

E-Invite:

varsha

Re: Sunaadalahari's Special Pallavi Concert on 4th Jun 2016 by Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna

Post by varsha »

Thanks
turning out to be a fine concert
kudos

varsha

Re: Sunaadalahari's Special Pallavi Concert on 4th Jun 2016 by Vid. Kunnakudi M Balamuralikrishna

Post by varsha »

Moving on to be an exotically brilliant one at latangi alapana stage

Aishwarya_Shankar

Post by Aishwarya_Shankar »

Thank you Varsha!
It is an unique combination to have three Guru Karaikudi Mani sir's disciples on stage - S Arvind Ranganathan,Shree Sundarkumar and Balamurali Krishna that gave us a brilliant concert and Fireworks THANIAVARTHANAM!
Thanks to all Rasikas who made their presence in person!

varsha

Post by varsha »

It was indeed an absolute gem of a concert. Kbmk is moving on to a zone of his own.Replete with good old values and flush with a voice that obeys him totally. I am very happy at the way he has progressed.
One of the ten best concerts I have attended in two decades.That is how good it was.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

aishwarya/varsha
Can you post details of the pallavi , how long it was and also the ragamaliga ragas?

varsha

Post by varsha »

ragamalika just two
dwijavanthi - shyam kalyan ( to my ears )
It was your kind of concert-three hours jampacked hall , thani out the way by halftime after dwaithamu sukhama- leaving a full half of concert to the rtp.
varnam-sahana ,
manasA mana sAmarthyamEmi - vardhani - tyAgarAja^
SrI mAtR bhUtam - kannaDa - dIkshitar^ classy swaras
dwaitamu sukhamA - rItigauLa - tyAgarAja^( sung at a langorous pace to facilitate brooding over this matter)
rtp - went something like darsanam kanden kanaka sabha.....tAnam was no lip service. was at its guttural best
mariyada teliyakane
and
I might have missed one song.
A recording worth cherishing if made available by artist / organisers

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

varsha wrote: rtp - went something like darsanam kanden kanaka sabha.....tAnam was no lip service. was at its guttural best
Was the RTP in lathangi ?