Demystifying Carnatic Music: A Workshop During the 2007 Musi

Concerts and other events related to CM.
paatupriya

Post by paatupriya »

Dear Friends,

This is my first time posting on this forum, but given the threads and discussions going on, I'm sure not my last. I hope you enjoy the following article I wrote.

Sincerely,
Sri Priya Sriram

To the uninitiated, the melody of a Carnatic music concert needs no translation. However, to understand the structure and significance of the musical forms which make up a Carnatic concert would enhance the overall listening experience. For a group of Master’s and doctoral students from the University of North Texas, at Denton , famous for its contributions to the jazz world, this objective was achieved through a workshop organized by Shri Poovalur Srinivasan, affectionately called “Shrijiâ€

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

wonderful article . be contributing regularly.. of late , many masters and doctoral students not only of indian origin, but also from USA nd other countries take active interest in carnatic music, a very encouraging development, probably it is due to their analysing ability as research scholars... good wishes gobilalitha

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

sounds like a great event!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Sounds like a great workshop.

I'm sure I would have benefited from it --- and presented by one of lately-become favourite artists, too.

There's all kinds of stuff in there of which I have a small clue, and some of which I have, still, no clue at all.