9th anniversary of Dr.Chinnamoulana Memorial trust

Concerts and other events related to CM.
kasim1962

Post by kasim1962 »

9th anniversary of the Nathaswaram Mestro Dr.Sheik Chinna Moulana was organised by Dr.Chinnamoulana Memorial Trust on April13, 2008. Highlits of the function
1. Purses to two indigent artists in nadhaswaram fraternity
2. Presentration of Nadhaswaram instruments to two deserving students
3.nadhaswaram concert by Bangalore Sh.Kothandaraman & party
4.Voval concert by Sh.Vijay Siva

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

Welcome Sri.Kasim. We look forward to hearing a lot from you (on the forum as well as in concerts)

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Welcome to Sri. Kasim!
It is great to have you posting on this forum.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Kasim,
It would be nice if you look at some of the postings on other parts of this site where someone has asked about why the Thavil plays before even the alapana by Nadaswaram begins etc. I wanted an authentic VIDWAN answer such questions & I am glad you have started these discussions. PL take a look & answer the queries WHEN YOU FIND TIME. I KNOW HOW BUSY YOU ARE!. Of course I realise you do not want to answer certain questions like why A is BETTER than B etc but it would be nice if you can answer GENUINE technical queries.
It will be another feather in your cap as one of the few I KNOW OF WHO IS DOING ANYTHING AT ALL TOWARDS THE ATTEMPTS TO RESTORE THE NADASWARAM TO ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE ; TO QUOTE BILL. SKELTON " Nadaswaram is a unique instrument in ANY musical system in the world we know of" as well as not only maintaining the 300 year old Karavadi Heritage as well as REMINDING US OF T.N.R'S GREATNESS. vkv
Last edited by cacm on 20 Apr 2008, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

kasim1962

Post by kasim1962 »

Thanks to all of you, particularly to Dr.VKV who brought me to rasikas.org. I will definitely answer all the questions related to Nadhaswaram & Thavil depending upon my time.

kasim1962

Post by kasim1962 »

Thank you sir for bringing me to this fourm. I will definitely answer the questions depending upon my time. [quote][/quote]

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Kasim,
May be you can answer these questions when you have some free time? vkv

s_hari
Member General questions on NadaswaramFew general questions...

1. Typically what is the pitch / sruti of the instrument?
2. Why there is no tanpura sruti accompliment with nadaswaram concert?
3. Usually tavil vidwan start playing even before song start!! So, there is a co-ordination between nadaswaram & tavil vidwan before the concert on what order the songs are performed?
4. Any particular reason why percussion is played before song commences?

-hari

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

kasim1962 wrote:9th anniversary of the Nathaswaram Mestro Dr.Sheik Chinna Moulana was organised by Dr.Chinnamoulana Memorial Trust on April13, 2008. Highlits of the function
1. Purses to two indigent artists in nadhaswaram fraternity
2. Presentration of Nadhaswaram instruments to two deserving students
3.nadhaswaram concert by Bangalore Sh.Kothandaraman & party
4.Voval concert by Sh.Vijay Siva
Review in Hindu:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/05/02/stor ... 970200.htm