Raga of MSS Meera song -Hey Murali Mohan Saanvre

Rāga related discussions
HarishankarK

Raga of MSS Meera song -Hey Murali Mohan Saanvre

Post by HarishankarK »

Hi all,
I would like to know the raga of subject song. It starts with vrittam Hey Hare Dayaalaaa.......
Is it Patdeep?
Thanks

Ranganayaki

Re: Raga of MSS Meera song -Hey Murali Mohan Saanvre

Post by Ranganayaki »

It is not Patdeep. Listening to the first line, her first repeat took the syllable "MO" of MOHANA to a high ri and that wouldn't have occurred in Patdeep (as far as I know)

Rewinding to the flute interlude at the beginning, I heard the arohana to be SRGPNS exactly like Hamsadhwani ( wrong G for Patdeep).

This is an edit: I had thought I had heard a Pratimadhyama in the avarohana but I was wrong, no pm.

If I remember Patdeep right, it is like Abheri with a kaakali Nishadha. I remember translating someone's words from a discussion in Kannada about it, from some audio someone had posted here.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

It is PaTdeep at first. S G2 M1 P N3 D2 S S D2 P M1 G2 S But midway through the song, that R2 starts appearing. And at the end, it's all ditched and you have all 5 notes S R2 G2 M1 P --- for the cresendo. Poetic license.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

I just returned online realizing that I had no idea what music the OP Was referring to, so it seems that in my hurry, I listened to whatever I found first and responded. And it was only now that I even saw the word "MSS" in the topic, while switching between tabs. Completely silly of me!,

This is the song I listened to:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpIlu5vfIjI

I'm available now, so if Srinath says it's Patdeep, I will take his word for it.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Ranganayaki wrote:I just returned online realizing that I had no idea what music the OP Was referring to, so it seems that in my hurry, I listened to whatever I found first and responded. And it was only now that I even saw the word "MSS" in the topic, while switching between tabs. Completely silly of me!,

This is the song I listened to:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpIlu5vfIjI

I'm NOt available now, so if Srinath says it's Patdeep, I will take his word for it.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

I just listened to more, and it's crazy, it wasn't even the same song! :oops: :)

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Thanks, i will go with Patdeep then.

I love every bit of and everything about this song !