Some users have recently reported seeing garbled text/images. Try refreshing the page with CTRL+F5. Please let the admin know if you still face any errors

Cloudflare has been enabled on the site to prevent DDOS attacks and malware. Please let the admin know if you face any issues in the next 24 hours.

Books on Mridangam Lessons

Tālam & Layam related topics
VishyamOS

Books on Mridangam Lessons

Post by VishyamOS » 05 Aug 2010, 09:52

Hi Everyone I have been reading through the various topics and content covered across a myriad of issues and think that it is very informative and useful.

I am wondering if someone has any ideas if there are any good books I could follow for teaching mridangam lessons for beginners. I am not worried about the real basic lessons but mainly around sequencing the learning pattern. I have to admit that i have misplaced my mridangam notebook while relocating.

Any suggestions welcome....Thank you heaps

VOS..

Vijayakumar

Re: Books on Mridangam Lessons

Post by Vijayakumar » 02 Oct 2010, 15:09

Please consider the following;
1. Latest set of DVDs on mridangam lessons and e-books released as Mridanga chintamani by UKS. This is available in leading book stores/ retail chains.
2. Art of South Indian drumming - by Tiruchy Sankaran. Availability not widespread . can be requested thro the website/ email contacts of Shri Sankaran
3. Book and CD by TVG
I consider the first one to be the most comprehensive i have ever come across.

VishyamOS

Post by VishyamOS » 01 Feb 2011, 05:01

Thanks. I got the full set of DVDs and book by UKS sir and is indeed comprehensive...Thanks for your suggestion and help...Vijayakumar..

Vijayakumar

Post by Vijayakumar » 05 Feb 2011, 13:17

You are welcome. Also there is a latest set of DVDs on mohra , korvais by UKS. you may consider that also if interested.