ESWAR - Much more than a Shruti box

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
spchennai

Post by spchennai »

I am Parthasarathy, a chennai resident and an addict of Carnatic music. Yesterday (26th June 2009), I attended the launch of ESWAR, a state-of -the art gadget incorporating Shruti, Talam and Ragam in a size that is slightly bigger than a mobile phone. the launch was a glittering function with very little speech-making. The whole 70-minute function was covered by audio-visual presentations interspersed with appropriate dances and speech by the man behind the machine-Mr.M.K.Chandrasekhar. ESWAR incorporates shruti, arohanam/avarohanam of 72 Melakartha and many janya ragams and all the known Talams. It has been claimed to be extremely user-friendly. In the words of its maker, it will be a boon to students, teachers and practising musicians of both Carnatic and Hindustani music.

Those interested can have more details from the website (which was inaugurated by the editor of Shruthi magazine) at http://www.eswaronline.com/index.php

Thanks
Parthasarathy

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

Sounds very interesting. Has anyone here heard the sound quality of this product?

naarayanan

Post by naarayanan »

just today, i heard about this from a colleague. nice to have the link.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

ragam talam: they have a sample sound. Please go here:
http://www.eswaronline.com/index.php#

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

VK Raman: Thanks for that link. That is a nice web site. The audio samples are under the features section.

I listened to the Ar/Av of MMG. The Ni sounded a little flatter than what I am used to. It may be just me.

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

The blurb says all 72 melas plus several janya ragas are covered. However, in the orders section the description under the most advanced version (model JR 3-C) states that aar-ava is provided for 50 ragas. A possible disconnect?