Compositions of Dr V Raghavan

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Lakshmanji- Can we have a list of compositions by this composer ?

tmtfan1

Post by tmtfan1 »

We are conducting Modern Composers, day sometime. Can any one tell me the address of Smt, Nandini Ramani d/of Sri V. raghacvan.We would like to have Sri raghavan, s composiions from her.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I have just three in my list:

Chandrashekharam ashraye guruvaram shri-Kiravani-Rupaka
Innum sandehappadalamo Shubhapantuvarali
Kerala dharini virajitam parashurama-Mohana-Chapu

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Lji, is this the same sanskrit scholar who has composed the 'mInAkshi suprabhAtam', the 'tiruvEnkaTamuDaiyAn tiru paLLi azhaicci' (the tamizh translation of the venkaTESa suprabhAtam), and is the father of Smt. Nandini Ramani (student of Smt. Balasarasvati)?

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

rshankar- Yes, Dr V Raghavan is the same scholar who has made a Kavyam on MD; Meenakshi suprabhatam & the Keeravani song sung by MS in one of the Cassettes( Siva Stuti ??) which contains HH Wodeyar's Mayamalava Gowlai Song( Kshira sAgara vakshasthala nivAsini); Mysore Sadashiva Rao's ( Sri Shamukha Janka Chandra mouleem)Shankarabharanam song; Thotakashtakam etc;

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

Dr.V RAghavan is one of the foremost scholars who lived in India, and his contribution to sanskrit studies, critical edition and analysis of texts, analyses and exegeses of classic texts like the rAmAyana are stupendous.. the clarity and unbiased interpretations of the professor's works are a treat to read..Never verbose, his writings can only be described as faultless..

One is amazed by the colossal quantity, and incisive quality of the corpus of work he has produced.. He was a native of tiruvArUr and had a special affection for music and dance..

We can only dream that our generation will see scholars who are even a shadow of the wide and deep erudition, articulateness and inferential skills that prof. raghavan embodied..

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thanks Manjunatha and Keerthi! I think he uses 'kavi kOkila' as his mudra...

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Yes. His mudra appears to be "kavi kokila".

baboosh

Post by baboosh »

vs_manjunath wrote:Yes. His mudra appears to be "kavi kokila".

Actually Shri.Chandrasekharendrasarasvthi conferred a title as Kavi Kokila which he used as his mudra.Incidentally Chandrasekharam aashraye composed by him is in Khanda triputa tala and was given to me written by MSS staff at home when she was alive