Book on Annamacharya

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
rameshviyer

Post by rameshviyer »

Nectar Ocean of Annamacharya by Ambika Ananth and Adviteeya N Dixit is available in Tirumala. Kindly of any one visits Tirumala from Bangalore, get me 2-3 copies. I will pay for the 3 copies of the Book.

Kindly mail me at rameshviyer@gmail.com once you have got the books so that i can collect from you rasika once you are back to bangalore.

Rgds,
Ramesh

metnanda

Post by metnanda »

Two more books in Telugu published after extensive research by Sangeeta Kalanidhi Dr Rallapalli Anantha
Krishna Sharma, in 1952, based on original songs written by Annamacharya ( on copper plates ) have been published. They are

1 ) Tallapaka Patalu ( with musical notations ), researched & edited set to music by Rallapalli Ananthakrishna Sharma, Sri Venkateshwara Oriental Series No 39, Vol 1 , 1952.

2 ) Tallapaka Patalu ( with musical notations ), researched & edited set to music by Rallapalli Ananthakrishna Sharma, Sri Venkateshwara Oriental Series No 57, Vol II , 1952

regards,
nandan

csnalini

Post by csnalini »

Thanks. Indeed the book Tallapaka Patalu, is an original treatise on Annamacharya, containing 100 odd songs set to music in the original ragas ( of Annamacharya ) without any distortion. Dr Rallapalli Sharma was chosen for this special task because of his rare mastery of both Telugu and Carnatic Music. A very great scholar indeed !!

Is the books still available.

regards
nalini