Compositions that reflect contemporary themes.

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
arasi

Post by arasi »

cmlover,
Could you share with us your memorable moments with Bapu?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks for the suggestion arasi

I am doing exactly that with a group of intimate friends. But it may be inappropriate to post them on a Public Musical Forum!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Dear MNS

it appears you are getting self-conscious! Viruttams are much easier than kritis. There is plenty of scope for imagination like the 'kalpana svaram'. You just need to keep in mind the raga bhava and explore, the only restriction is the proper padacchEdam. Be at ease and try! All the folks at this Forum are your friends! Good Luck!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Excellent SR!

Very apt topic and personality. You have beautifully imbedded the great philosophical concepts from the upanishads. CinmayAnandA is indeed the finest exponent of advaitA in our recent times!
I noted the subtle reference to his numerous talks and commentaries on the works of shankara in

vAngmayabhAshyakArasya Sankarasya|

Perhaps I may also mention that cinmayAnandA claimed a distant family link with the 'taRavADu' of bhagavatpAda himself!

I have been told that the word 'tat' when it refers to 'brahmam' is different from its use as a pronoun. Accordingly it should be declined as a 'takArAnta'
(i.e., the shaShThi would be 'tataH' rather than 'tasya'!

Congratulations! Keep it up! And now awaiting 'vasanta'!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mmm, what does it take to be part of the inner circle? For the renaissance man that I know you to be, you no doubt have many areas of intimate friends (who share those interests). Does it mean that the 'unlettered' are not privy to your memorable experiences?--though I know you to be a sharer.
I agree about your reference to this being a forum for music. Still...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Homage to the Father of Our Nation (contd)

As requested I decided to offer the kriti on Gandhiji.

rAga Abheri

Pallavi
smara rE rE bhArata mOhana dAsaM
dEshabhakti pracOdaM
karaM canda gAndhiM

anupallavi
kaluSha vidUraM kAmita phala pradaM
viduSha vanditaM vishva nEtAraM

caraNaM
dAsa bhAva haraM darshitOjvala bhArataM
daridrArta nara datta nava jIvitaM
shatakOTi bhArata vandita naravaraM
shata shUrya shObhita prakhyAta varaM
(madhyama kAla)
sEtu himAlaya va^Nga gujarAta vist^Rita
bhArata prak^RityA nutaM
bhArata pitaraM pAvanaM bAlajanastutaM bAkastUri h^RitsthaM

Running meaning and annotation

Hey Indians! Remember Mohanadas Karamchand Gandhi who 'impels' patriotism.
(I chose the word 'pracOd' to connote the gAyatri where the invocation to the deity (savit^Ru) is to impel us towards 'true knowledge'. In the same way even the very thought of Gandhiji for Indians would inject patriotism in every vein!)

He is the remover of wickedness and granter of desires respected by scholars and is a universal leader.
(The allusion to 'wickedness' is in reference to the moral teachings of the
Mahatma who cleansed our minds and united us irrespective of religion,
language, caste colour or creed. The granting of desires is the indirect
refernce that the potential of a 'Free India' is limitless.)

He freed us of subservience and gave the vision of a brilliant 'prabuddha
bhArataM'. He gave new life to the poor and down trodden.
(Not just a reference to the liberation of the dalits (harijans) but one
should recall his introduction of the 'charka' as a cottage industry to
eliminate poverty among the rural Indians. Perhaps we need to return to Gandhiji's vision of grAmoddharaN since the gap between the haves and havenots has widened since Independance!)
He is venerated by hundred crores ( a billion!) people, with a fame tantamount to the brilliance of hundred Suns.

Reitrating the idea that he is venerated from South (sEtu) to North
(himAlaya), East (va^Nga) to West (gujarAt).
(prak^Riti means common ordinary folks!)
He is the Father of BhArat, he is worshipped by the children and he resides in the heart of Mother Kasturi BA! (who symbolized the ideal Indian womanhood!)

Now this is my token rendering. Of course my age limitations for reaching high but then is not a problem for most of you!

http://rapidshare.de/files/25582299/Sma ... a.mp3.html

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

CML,
very nice way of reminding us of the "Great Soul"
Singing anupallavi first and going back to pallavi has an added effect.
as for the rAga..
I am more reminded of a composition in bhimplas

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

CML, MNS,

Thanks. I will upload the recording soon.
Perhaps I may also mention that cinmayAnandA claimed a distant family link with the 'taRavADu' of bhagavatpAda himself!
I did not know that, but I would not be surprised that the "taravAD"s of Cochin/Ernakulam (birthplace of Chinmayananda) were intermixed with the "illams" around the area - Kaladi, birthplace of Sankara, is only 15 miles from Cochin.
I have been told that the word 'tat' when it refers to 'brahmam' is different from its use as a pronoun. Accordingly it should be declined as a 'takArAnta' (i.e., the shaShThi would be 'tataH' rather than 'tasya'!
Hmmm...interesting. Is "tatah" used instead of "tasya" for shashTi/genitive in Advaitic/Vedantic literature (Upanishads/Brahmasutras/bhashyas) ? For example, the "canonical" 10 Upanishads uniformly use "tasya", including the entire discourse on "tat" by Uddalaka Aruni in chandogya upanishad.

Tasya is used also in the svetasvatara upanishad, the only other one that can reliably claim Vedic status. E.g., "na tasya pratimA asti..." (4.19), "na samdrSE tishtati rUpam asya" (4.20)...., "Na casya kascijjanita na cAdhipah." (6:9). Of course, statements like 4.19 are taken from the Yajurveda.

I have not read any upanishads other than these 11 major ones. Maybe in the non-Vedic (later) upanishads there is a change of grammar ?

SR

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Homage to the Father of Our Nation (contd)

As requested I decided to offer the kriti on Gandhiji.

rAga Abheri
CML,

An evocative composition, and probably fits nicely as Bhimpalasi rather than Abheri. I understand your reservations on publicizing the details of your meeting with Gandhiji. As an aside, my late grandfather was a "bhakt" of Gandhi and Nehru. He became an ardent nationalist after being rejected in the ICS (indian civil service) interview :P .

SR

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

The recording of "cinmayAnandasya" in rag vasanta has been uploaded (page 6).

SR

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Dear SR, please give us a brief sketch about yourself. Also, a picture to go along with that would be great :)
-personal information edited -

Thanks for your inquiry. Here is a brief biosketch:

I was born in New Delhi. My school years were spent there, as well as some time in Hyderabad. I completed my undergraduate education in New Delhi and graduate studies in the United States. My main musical gurus were Dr. T.V. Manikantan (Dept. of Music, Delhi Univ.) and vidvan Puranam Purushottama Shastri (of Hyderabad). I began my attempts at composition in 1997. To date these are limited to kritis in Sanskrit. My style of composition is greatly influenced by Muthuswami Dikshitar and Maharaj Swati Tirunal. I am very happy to have found this fine forum, and look forward to discussing bharatiya shastriya sangeet with the many rasiks and intellectuals residing here.

Best Wishes,
Sangeet Rasik
Last edited by Sangeet Rasik on 30 Jan 2007, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

Thanks SR.

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

SR
Very nice.

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

SR
Very nice.
I am 100% sure you can sing it better than me! :)

SR

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

SR,
Some very nice, polished, thoughtful compositions that flow well...!
Thanks for sharing...and looking forward to many more.

A request/suggestion:
Do you compose in any of the contemporary languages? Specially interested in compositions in Hindi (my favorite language) and Malayalam (after Maharaja ST not many decent attempts in this language that I am aware of).
Ravi

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

I am 100% sure you can sing it better than me! :)
SR
Dear SR, thanks for the encouragement. I am very flattered. I will give it a try and post my attempt next week. The only problem is that I am not very comfortable singing to misra chapu tALa but I will give it a try.
All (but one) of my compositions are on "secular" and "philosophical" themes.
You don't have to answer this but is there any reason your compositions are confined to secular and philosophical themes? Any patriotic compositions?

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

A request/suggestion:
Do you compose in any of the contemporary languages? Specially interested in compositions in Hindi (my favorite language) and Malayalam (after Maharaja ST not many decent attempts in this language that I am aware of). Ravi
So far I have not, but your suggestion is certainly good. I hope to attempt compositions in Hindi and Malayalam one day.

In case of Hindi, I am only fluent in "shuddh hindi" (which is the standard "Sanskritized" hindi engineered by the Indian government from the 1950s) and Hindustani (which is used for daily conversation around the Delhi area). Composing in shuddh Hindi, I feel, would be almost like Sanskrit. However the dialects (brajbhasha etc) are highly lyrical in nature and sound different from Sanskrit, unfortunately I am not at all familiar with them.

In case of Malayalam, I am sorry to say that my command of it does not go beyond what is needed for daily conversation. :( In order to prevent my attempt from sounding hilarious, I will have to get it "checked" by Malayalam pandits in my family first !

SR

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Dear SR, thanks for the encouragement. I am very flattered. I will give it a try and post my attempt next week. The only problem is that I am not very comfortable singing to misra chapu tALa but I will give it a try.
Take your time - I look forward to it! As CML said, do not underestimate your talent !
You don't have to answer this but is there any reason your compositions are confined to secular and philosophical themes? Any patriotic compositions?
Yes, there is a reason. I felt that I could add only a small amount to the vast number of wonderful compositions already existing on Puranic themes. On the other hand the intervening period (from the "Golden Age" to the modern day) of Indian civilization remains little-explored, and hence I decided to try some compositions in this direction without loss of classicism nor any attempt at "fusion" with other kinds of music. I also feel that this may help to propagate our classical music through the modern age without altering the basic foundation created in the 16th-18th centuries.

I try to infuse patriotic themes into my compositions on modern Indian figures (statesmen/military leaders/sages/scientists/industrialists, etc), but I do not have any patriotic compositions (as yet) in the vein of "vande mataram". But I am sure I will compose one (or more) in the future. Thus I look forward to broadening my horizons with the help of ideas and criticisms from you all. Meanwhile I will also continue to post my existing compositions.

SR

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

With a heavy heart I am composing this piece with a personal touch since a close relative of mine came very close to the jaws of death. This is a time of mourning for all of us since a number of our innocent countrymen have been butchered savagely and senselessly at the altar of International Terrorism.

Mumbai Blast

Ragamaalikai

Punnagavarali

Pallavi

enrU thaNiyuM intha theeviravAthaM
enRu maDiyuM ivarkaL rakthaththin mOhaM.

pachchiLaM kuzhanthaikaL pAvam enna cheithaar
pAvikaL ivarkku irakkamuM ilayO!
pazhi OriDamuM pAvaM OriDamuM
pazhi vaa^Ngum ivarkku ithayamuM ilayO!

ChenchuruTTi

GaandhiyuM BuddhanuM piRanthathinnaaDE
neethiyuM neRiyuM vaLarththathinnaaDE
naaM anaivaruM bhAratha thaayin puthalvarkaL
ivarkaL naaM allar pullar pulluruvikaL.

Sindhubhairavi

enRemathinba suthanthiraM meeLuM
enReM vERRumai maaynthu poyyAkuM
paarellAM vazhkavenRu paathai chamaiththa (eM)
BhAratha naaTTinar parathaviththal muRayO!

Here is my tentative rendering perhaps choked with emotion!
http://rapidshare.de/files/25763686/Enr ... m.mp3.html

I request arasi/shankar to provide translation if there is any interest!

JAI HIND!

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

Very touching CML,
Ironically the incident happened after you posted one on Gandhi.
Pray for peace!

meena

Post by meena »

Please post the meaning. thanks

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

CML,
nIrum oru bhAratidAsarO?
It weren't so tragic, I'd say 'bhEsh, bhEsh, konnuTTEL, pOngO'!
But a fitting tribute....

Ravi

arasi

Post by arasi »

Meaning of the song:

When will it be quenched, this thirst for fanaticism?
When will their passion for blood die?

What did the innocent babes do?
Isn't there compassion in their hearts?
The accused and the perpetrators, are they one and the same?
Those who have vengence, don't they have a heart?

Gandhi and Buddha were born here
Justice and truth were reared in this land
We are all children of mother India
These are not--low life, parasites!

When will sweet freedom return
When will differences perish?
'Let all the world flourish' was our way
Is it right that we suffer thus in Bharath?

arasi

Post by arasi »

cmlover, I was touched by the poem. Hope you have better news about the loved one in Mumbai.
As you know only too well, literal translation, with tamizh's rich expressions won't do! I hope my free rendering here and there doesn't take away your forceful words in thamizh...

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Arasi, thanks for posting the translation.

CML, an aptly somber composition. I hope that things work out OK for your relative in Mumbai.

Best Wishes,
SR

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

In case of Hindi, I am only fluent in "shuddh hindi" (which is the standard "Sanskritized" hindi engineered by the Indian government from the 1950s) and Hindustani (which is used for daily conversation around the Delhi area). Composing in shuddh Hindi,
SR

I still think that 'shuddh hindi' will still be better understood, and mixed with a smattering of 'urdU' can be a very 'romantic' language to compose in!
Ravi

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

cmlover, I was touched by the poem. Hope you have better news about the loved one in Mumbai.
As you know only too well, literal translation, with tamizh's rich expressions won't do! I hope my free rendering here and there doesn't take away your forceful words in thamizh...
Arasi,
Thank you for the translation. There was no way I would've been able to bring out the pathos in CML's composition as you have done.
Ravi

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks arasi!
That was an inspiring translation and you have captured the spirit!
As both you and Shankar must have realized the lines are partly inspired by Bharathy!
These are trying times and we need National Unity more than ever and to preserve our sanity against Forces that want to shatter our country!

Luckily my folks were safe, but we all shed tears for our brethren who are being senselessly butcherd!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Shankar, cml, thanks for your seal of approval for the translation.

'enRu thaNiyum inda sudandira dAgam' of Bharathi is what cml refers to here, for those of you who need the information.

cml, glad to say this slowcoach is now able to download rapidshare Now I know first hand how cool coolkarni and his tribe are (may his tribe of dhAtAs increase)!
Was pleased to hear you sing 'mAnum mayilum'. Thanks for obliging and for your other hymns. bhAvap pUrvamAna rendering.
If only I knew how to upload! vk, are you there?

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Arasi: Glad to hear you can now download from rapidshare. Uploading is easier. Go to http://rapidshare.de, click on Browse, point it to the file on your hard drive that you want to upload, and click Upload. It will do that and at the end, it will give you the uploaded URLs, one for people to download and the other for deleting your upload. Copy and paste the first one to the forum, in emails etc.

meena

Post by meena »

Thanks arasi.

arasi

Post by arasi »

vk,
Wow! THAT was quick! I do get by with a little help from my friends, John, Paul, dear George and Ringo... ;)

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

The next composition presented is in honor of the three most decorated soldiers of modern India: Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa, Field Marshal S. Manekshaw, and Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh.

atirathais trayais trAtOham (2004)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r74931

rAgamAlikAyAm AditAlEna gIyatE

pallavi

(aThANa)

atirathais trayais trAtOham | ajayais trAsavimuktair ||
ratayuddhair mahAbalair | rakshitOham sadA varair ||
S . . n R S n S d . n p m p g m | r s r m p n m p SnRS nSd. pdnp .mpR ||

caraNAni

(Arabhi)

kOdaNDarakarISam bhUri- | kOpavarsham balavantam ||
pAdasainikapAlam namAmi | pItagaurAdivarvaravadham ||
s n d r . s m g r m p . m p d S | n d S R M G R . ddp. mgrs rmp. .mpR ||

(suraTi)

mahApArasam mAnEkam ayO-| mushTiprahAram vandEham ||
mahanIyam kAshmIrajitam | mAnavAdhikam vangatArakam ||
S . . S n n p n m p n . n d p m | g p m r . m r s rmp. pndn Snnp .mpR ||

(hamsanAdam)

pancApaputram AkASa- | pratApam arjunasimham ||
nIcapAkaSAsanam vimA- | narathanAyakam smarAmyaham ||
S . . n R S n p m . n . p m r s | r s m r p m n p d.pm rmrs nsrm pnmp ||

SnRS nSn. mpnn pmp. | (hamsanAdam)
ndpm .gpm r..m pndn || (suraTi)
dpmg rsnd srmp dSnd | (Arabhi)
MRSd ..RS d.Sd .mpR|| (aThANa)

Translation

I am protected by the three great warriors, by them who are undefeated, liberated from fear,
By them who take pleasure in battle, who possess great strength,
I am eternally protected by these excellencies.

I bow to Kodandara Karisha [1], who rains great fury (upon enemies), the mighty one,
Who protects the welfare of the foot-soldier, who is the slayer of barbarians yellow [2], white [3] and others.

I salute the mighty Persian, Manek [4], who assaults (the enemy) with an iron fist,
The great one, who is the conqueror of Kashmir, the superior human, the savior of Vanga [5].

I remember Arjunasimha [6], the son of PancApa [7], who is the glory of the skies,
Who dominates the vile Pakas [8], who is the lord of the aircraft-warriors.

Notes

[1] Sanskritized name of Kodandera Cariappa. "Kodandara" can also be interpreted as "The Punisher".
[2] Ref. to battles against the Japanese in Northeast India.
[3] Ref. to battles against the Nazis in North Africa.
[4] Sanskritized name of Manek Shah (Manekshaw).
[5] Sanskrit name of Bengal/Bangladesh.
[6] Sanskritized name of Arjan Singh.
[7] Ref. to modern Punjab.
[8] Ref. to the Pakistanis.
Last edited by Sangeet Rasik on 20 Dec 2007, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

I still think that 'shuddh hindi' will still be better understood, and mixed with a smattering of 'urdU' can be a very 'romantic' language to compose in!
Total agreement - indeed I hope to find the right topic and words to attempt a good-quality composition in the future.

SR

arasi

Post by arasi »

sangit rasik,
Have been savoring your compositions--though sanskrit awes me because of my scant knowledge of it. I totally agree with Shankar. Someone as prolific like yourself can take his suggestion (you have!) and offer us your compositions in hindusthani. You will then reach a wider audience...

This is in jest. Happy to see your picture. However, I had imagined a poet with long tresses, karNA kuNdalAs, flowing silk anga vastram, etc. ;)

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

sangit rasik,
This is in jest. Happy to see your picture. However, I had imagined a poet with long tresses, karNA kuNdalAs, flowing silk anga vastram, etc. ;)
Ha.. Ha.. Where is Photoshop when we need it. ;)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

arasi

After the serious song my heart was heavy. I had to do something to lighten my mood. As usual I sought refuge in philosophy. But after seeing your post I decided to flyback to the younger days and play the prank that you had sparked.

Here it is

http://rapidshare.de/files/25958541/Dal ... e.mp3.html

Of course you know what it is and there is a special person to whom it is addictive (if I was successful!).

Hava a hearty laugh. ;)
(at the same time seriously I am also sending symbolically the message of universal love that I learned from my master!)

arasi

Post by arasi »

cmlover,
Had a laugh indeed. At first, (pre-copyright days, of course), 'alai alaiyAga vanda kuLir kATRu'-TandI havAyEn-interfered with my remembering all the tamizh words! I am pleased that I distracted you from sombre thoughts. Now, I will get serious too, and say, PEACE ON EARTH...

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

This is in jest. Happy to see your picture. However, I had imagined a poet with long tresses, karNA kuNdalAs, flowing silk anga vastram, etc.
Heh heh - you mean like this guy ?

:cheesy:

CML/Arasi,

Didn't get the joke...what is the "Dallying Dove" ?

Will be out for a few days...shall post recording etc next week.

SR

arasi

Post by arasi »

SR,
Pleased that you are amused as well ;)

The dove followed the deer and the peacock. Here, cml returns to his new hobby of rendering old tamizh songs into pidgin english. First, it was mAnum mayilum; now it is konjum puRAvE. puRA being a dove (symbol of peace), it is appropriate for times like these. Being as young as you are, the reference eluded you. Your parents might know the song.
Have a good trip...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

SR
Knowing you are young one would expect you looking like
http://i1.tinypic.com/206bouu.jpg

Have a nice break! Look forward to the Ragamalikai!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

While SR has been paying homage to his teachers I thought we should pay homage to the person who is the mainstay of thie Forum. What I am composing is no exaggeration and most of you will agree with me. I am not saying anything new except poetically which you all know already by following the threads in this BB. Without any more ado here he is our very dear

Vandanamu SaSi KulkarNiji

kEdAra rAgE cApu tALEna gIyatE
aro: SMGMPNS' avro: S'NPMGRS mELaM: (29) shankarAbharaNaM

Pallavi

kulkarNi dEvaM bhajE
bhajEhaM bhajEhaM bhajEhaM bhajEhaM
santatamahaM (ati)sundaramukhaM piturvandita sutaM (tamiha)

Anupallavi
sEvita manujEndra mahanIya guNashIlaM
rasikajana Ipsita varadAnukUlaM
pAlita bandhujana kuTuMba paripAlaM
udyamacaturaM arthamArjitaviduraM

caraNaM
nyUnAdhika vivarjita sharIrayuta gambhIra gajagamana shObhaM sushObhaM
karNATaka hindustAna gItajharI vibhAjana karNa iva raktaM anuraktaM
rAjU ashOka rAjashEkara aliakbar viShNuprasAda pramukhAdi sallApaM
satyapara satyavrata satyarata satyakara shIlamiti nitya niyamAdi svarUpaM

Since the sanskrit is very simple I belive there is no need for a translation

unless you insist!

Annotations
1. The word dEvaM is used to denote the inherent divinity in every selfless
giver: dEvaM iti dAtAraM
2. piturvandita sutaM is used to denote his being a devoted and affectionate son, ever respectful and gratefully recollecting for our benefit anecdotes relating to his father.
3. rasikajana Ipsita varadAnukUlaM says it all! He provides appropriately all that is desired by the Rasikas!
4.pAlita bandhujana kuTuMba paripAlaM refers to his having an affectionate family and extended family (which includes all of us rasikas!). A very special person, the apple of his eye is his son 'KedAr' to whom this whole kriti is dedicated being in his favourite raga kEdAraM.
5.udyamacaturaM refers to his being a successful Industrialist contributing to the building of navabhArataM.
6. arthamArjitaviduraM smart in earning wealth which he uses for helping a number of community charity works, handicapped and disadvantaged.
7. nyUnAdhika vivarjita refers to his well-proportioned healthy appearance (neither fat nor spare!)which explains the rest of the line
8. karNATaka hindustAna gItajharI is the Fountain of CM and HM music and he shares them like the legendary 'karNa' (which is imbedded in his name itself!). He is also highly attached (rakta) to both these music
9. He is in intimate contact with other great donors of Music to the Rasikas
viz., Raju AsOkan, RajashEkar (GNB's son), Ali akbar khan, viShnuprasad and many other anonymous givers (mahaanubhAva.
10 Any wonder he is attached to 'Truth' in its dhArmic aspect(SATYAM SIVAM SUNDARAM) which is why I venerate him!

Here is my tentative audio attempt
http://rapidshare.de/files/26215247/Kul ... m.mp3.html

meena

Post by meena »

bale bale cml :)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

CML,
konnuTTEL, pOngO!
WONDERFUL...the rAgam selection is even more exemplary than the sAhityam!
Ravi

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Aaha!!!

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Oh My God !!!!

8) 8)

arasi

Post by arasi »

cool saheb,
Stay right there! Another pUmAlai from yet another rasika. Though I haven't known you as long as some of our fellow rasikas, I had imagined you to be a special individual indeed and I am not surprised by the accolades. There are more facets to your kalyana gunas, no doubt. "kaNNAn en SEvakan' said Bharathi. Rasika, sevak, the one who shares, salutations!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Talking of the bard--music and muse go hand in hand and seek refuge in cmlover. Not forgetting his immense contribution to this forum and to the old BB at sangeetham, I derive pleasure in witnessing one sabhA ratnA
praising another.
pAmAlai mannarE,
The song flows--tangu taDaiyinRi. Sang it first to myself and then heard your rendering of it--your voice charged with the joy of singing of a sakhA of such merit.
All dhAtAs and rasikAs of the forum--andariki vandanamu...

kiransurya

Post by kiransurya »

Wow CML!!!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

cool There are more facets to your kalyana gunas, no doubt. "kaNNAn en SEvakan' said Bharathi. Rasika, sevak, the one who shares, salutations!
Arasi,
You are right:
'ingivarai yAm peravE yennA tavam shieduviTTOM?'
Ravi