List of Performing Artists and/or Teachers from India

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

This is an attempt to create a list like the one at http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... anada.html but with an aim to compile it for India.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... valE&hl=en

Kindly add details to the above document.

yogeshkr

Post by yogeshkr »

great initiative...

I have seen several websites with scattered details about performing artists and teachers.... wondering if it would make sense to 'pull' information from multiple sources and compile it at one place in proper structure

am happy to discuss thoughts and actions

jimihendrix

Post by jimihendrix »

Wow.. this is really kewl :P thanks.

Divya Gopalan

Post by Divya Gopalan »

The musicians diary that is printed by Mudra has all the information. The diary also lists the regular performers from other cities/countries. Is there a need to recreate this?

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

Divya,

If the diary was so convenient, you would've been able to find a teacher in Meenambakkam for yourself in a jiffy. From a computer document, searching can be carried out much more easily, and based on various different criteria. The Diary arranges sorts the artists based on their instruments, and then arranges names in alphabetical order. To just know about vocalists from Meenambakkam, a computer document would be much more convenient. There you go!

Srikant

Divya Gopalan

Post by Divya Gopalan »

Srikanth, point taken!

Maheswari Venkitaraman

Post by Maheswari Venkitaraman »

Please let me know how to add S. venkitaraman

raghukumar

Post by raghukumar »

Listing of Teachers and Performing Musicians in North America

http://mycarnatic.org/find_teacher/

raghukumar

Post by raghukumar »

MyCarnatic has now been updated to include detailed contact information for teacher, artist, organization, and concert schedule listings worldwide.

I am sincerely requesting your help in propagating these fields, especially for listings in India.

If you know information for either:
  • Teachers
  • Artists
  • Carnatic Music Organizations
  • Concert Schedules
Please upload listings directly onto the website at www.mycarnatic.org (click on Resources)

Thanks,
Raghu
Last edited by raghukumar on 26 Jan 2010, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kalpana Mohan

Post by Kalpana Mohan »

I see that a lot of Northern California teachers' names are missing from this list.
Also, it seems like some of these are up and coming kids and there does not seem to be a way to distinguish senior performing artistes from students!

raghukumar

Post by raghukumar »

haribabu wrote:Good idea and and great initiative. This on line info is a real help/service to musicians and teachers from carnatica without expecting anything . Every one should utilize this opportunity and get benefited.
I agree!
Kalpana Mohan wrote:I see that a lot of Northern California teachers' names are missing from this list.
Also, it seems like some of these are up and coming kids and there does not seem to be a way to distinguish senior performing artistes from students!
If they're missing, then you can submit them directly on the website, that's why this added measure was taken to include this feature :-)

As far as the students/teacher issue is concerned, that's why there's contact information. It's impossible to distinguish a "junior" artist vs. a "senior" artist in my opinion

gmsmom

Post by gmsmom »

If a teacher teaches violin and vocal then do I submit two times ?

raghukumar

Post by raghukumar »

gmsmom wrote:If a teacher teaches violin and vocal then do I submit two times ?
Yes

cmlover

Re: List of Performing Artists and/or Teachers from India

Post by cmlover »

This is an excellent resource for CM.
But then it will be only as good as the information fed into it.
All CM enthusiasts should feed information into this database to make it valuable universally for CM organizers/Teachers/Students/Rasikas too...
Since contact info is provided it will encourage mutual exchange of information and a healthy cooperation among all those involved in the promotion of CM globally..
Congratulations!

sramesh

Re:

Post by sramesh »

Maheswari Venkitaraman wrote:Please let me know how to add S. venkitaraman
www.maheswariveena.com

bhavarasa

Re: Re:

Post by bhavarasa »

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

srkris: do we have this list available for public use?

smala

Post by smala »

Has this name been added ? I just discovered him on youtube - he is simply wonderful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=681NQuO99x8

So did a search on Rasikas.....

Post made by the CM artist himself on this forum.
http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... +NARAYANUN

DEAR MADAM SUDHA, IF YOU ARE SINCERELY LOOKING FOR A TEACHER AND HAVEN'T GOT, KINDLY GIVE A MAIL TO sreyas. narayanun@yahoo.co.in and the skype id is sreyas06 giving all your details about your previous learning etc. SREYAS NARAYANUN, "A"GRADE VOCALIST( DISCIPLE OF SRI.P.S.NARAYANASWAMY)