Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kssr

Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by kssr »

I thought that it may be useful to rasikas to know that every day there is a concert of nearly 1.5 hrs on TTD TV channel at around 6.15 PM, called Naada Neerajanam. All leading artists perform here. Take a look. Today's is TVS.

sivapriya

Naada Neerajanam : Smt.R.Vedavalli - 0n 8th April, 2010

Post by sivapriya »

Announcement : Kindly watch Naada Nerajanam - TTD Channel on the 8th of April , 2010 , at 6.15 p.m. for a concert by :

Sangita Kalanidhi Smt.R.Vedavalli - Vocal
Sri.Pakkala Ramadas - Violin
Sri.B.Ganapathiraman- Mridangam
Sri. Trichy.K.Murali - Ghatam

These concerts are telecast live from Tirumala.

semmu86

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by semmu86 »

wow , thanks for that . Hoping to come home early on 8th . Nick , have you read this post ?

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

9-04-2010 at 6.30 to 7.30

Vid. Shri.K.V.Ramanujam Flute
Vid. Shri.M.A.Sundareswaran-Violing
Mannarkoil J.Balaji - Mridhangam
Vid. Trichy Murali-Ghatam
Vid.A.S.Krishnan-Morsing

Mannarkoil J Balaji

arasi

Post by arasi »

Balaji,
Good to hear that you are playing. Wish I were in India to watch the program too! You seem to be very busy with all your concerts.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Arasi ji .. i hv already played one for Neyveli Santanagopalan alongwith Pakala Ramadass and Srirangam Kannan Morsing earlier in March. This is my second chance. Lord Balaji is very graceful to bestow his blessings ....

J.Balaji

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Balaji Blessing balaji!

sreecons

Post by sreecons »

It will benefit people living overseas if these concerts are available on you tube or such sites. I have seen quite a few of the TTD TV programmes on youtube. So hoping to catch these too by the grace of Lord Venkateshwara :)

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday 6th April- Tuesday, I listened to the TTD concert. It was one Sri. Trichy S Ganesan. Never heard (of) him before. Hardly any kacheri in Bangalore for him, for sure. Middle aged man. But surprisingly very good. The voice throw is equal to any senior male vocalist. Should really thank the TV channel for popularising such genuine good talent. A brief review:

Started with Mayamalavagowla - ThuLasi DhaLa. Good neraval and swaraprasthara.
A brief Suruti Dikthithar kriti Sri Venkata Girisham. No elaboration.
Excellent raga alapana of Subhapantuvarali. He has very good creativity and imagination in the presentation. Very impressive indeed. It was followed by Purandaradasara krithi Enna Rakshiso ?, with neraval and swaras. This was an excellent piece which other artists can also use, if not as a main piece, at least as a good thukkada, instead of always harping on Rama Mantrava Japiso !!
Next was a brief Atana raga (sumaar) followed by Thyagaraja kriti Chate bhuti maanura. Just OK.
Next came Thodi alapana, which was not very elaborate, I guess due to want of time, and a Annamacharya kriti- only swaram.
Ended with a good behag piece.

Overall a very satisfactory experience. I would like to visit his concert whenever it happens in Bangalore.

Violin was really mediocre (Sorry to say that). Mridangam and Khanjira were good. Missed the names.

Today -7.4.2010- it is Sri.M.Chandrasekaran violin with his daughter.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today, 13th April, I understand it is Sri.R.K.Srikantan. IF possible do not miss it. He has completed 90 years a few months back. He continuously gives full 3 hr concerts at many places. I listened to one recently. Amazingly perfect sruthi. Supported by his son Ramakanth. Leaves the area above higher GA to him. Clear sangathis, sharp pronunciation of sahitya. Although not a good idea to compare senior artists, I am tempted to say, he is much better than the great Semmangudi in his eighties, esp with regard to flawless singing. Enjoy.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Wow.. Thanks for the update .. Hoping to catch that ..

kssr

Post by kssr »

kssr wrote:Today, 13th April, I understand it is Sri.R.K.Srikantan..
Sangita Kalanidhi Dr.RK Srikantan- Vocal
Sri. Ramakanth- Support
Sri.B.U.Ganesh Prasad- Violin
Sri. Cheluvaraju- Mridangam

1. Deva Deva Kalayamithe- Mayamalavagowla- Swati- Swaram
2. Nenendu Bethakudura,Hari- Karnataka Behag- Thyagaraja
3. Mari Vere Dik Evaru- Lathangi- Patnam with N, S @ Manasara Ninusara
4. Thani
5.Saroja Naabha- Chakravaham- Swati- Brief Raga
6. Venkatesa Daya Mado- Ananda Bhairavi- Purandaradasa
7. Sri Hari Vallabe- Suddha Dhanyasi- Mysore Vasudevachar
8. Tirupathi Venkata Ramana- Sindhu Bhairavi- P Dasa
9. Mangalam- Madhyamavathi.

As usual, perfect sruti alignment. He positioned his singing fully realising his voice limitation due to age (90). His voice during the latter half from Ananda Bhairavi was very good. His dedication to music, by travelling all the way to Tirumala for this recording, is an inspiration to all youngsters.

A few comments about the arrangements: RKS just wants a chair to sit and sing as he is unable to sit on the floor. But he was provided a low stool / bench without backrest. The bench was piled up with a huge jamakkaLam in the form of a large moottai (bundle). Also, this venue always has swarms of flies disturbing and distracting the artists. Fumigation is essential before concert. ( May be the flies find the music to be sweeter than the laddoos of Tirumala?!!)

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Today 15th April, Smt.Gayathri Girish is giving a concert at Tirupati. I dont get the TV channels here. Looking forward to reading her review. Thanks.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday 14th there was one Smt.Mathangi Sathyamurthy. It seems that she comes from Kottayam. Very powerful flawless rendition with fantastic manodharmam. Excellent Mohanam. Wonder why she is not very popular, at least as far as I know. Should thank TTD channel for projecting these good artists to a wider audience.

Sathej

Post by Sathej »

A nice series this indeed ! Sadly though, we don't seem to get the channel. Many of the clips are getting uploaded on YouTube apparently though. Was watching quite a few recitals in this series on YouTube. Came across this short clip by the Parur school - Era Napai - the Thodi Adi Tala Varnam - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr0zyRyl3xg. It is amazing to see the veteran MSA in action! What is very striking is the way MSA effortlessly plays upto the higher Sa and sometimes even beyond on the A string, at this age. Visible better in close up shots. Quite a difficult thing to do, maintaining flawless Shruthi and sound quality. It is usual for the Parur school to do this, but its all the more amazing to see MSA's dexterity at his age ! Quite a touching video indeed !

Sathej

sreecons

Post by sreecons »

Sathej - Thanks for the link.

Special Thanks to the people who have posted several of the concerts :clap:

Wow! Sri .R.K. Srikanthan !!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/shreedarsha ... pyvBYzGtjI

Smt Gayathri Venkataraghavan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3F3j8sz ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3bCeCn ... re=related

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Smt.Gayathri Girish has updated her blog www.gayathrigirish.blogspot.com on her concert at Tirupati.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today 27th April is Maharajapuram Ramachandran.

Enjoy :)

sais72

Post by sais72 »

There are two more music related programmes on SVBC (TTD TV Channel)

* Nadopasana - Tuesdays, 9.30pm - Carnatic music lessons by Nedunuri Krishnamurthy with Malladi Brothers
* Endaro Mahanubavulu - Thursdays, 10.30pm, - Introduce music artists, E. Gayathri will be interviewed on 29th April.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

14-5-2010

Dr.Nirmala Sundararajan - Vocal
Poorna Vaidyanathan-violin
Mannarkoil J Balaji - Mridhangam
Madipakkam Murali - Ghatam

J.B

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday I listened to Madurai Sri.G.S.Mani's concert in this TV slot. I have so far never attended his concert. One reason may be that he hardly even performs in Bangalore.

I enjoyed the programme very much. Easy flowing style. Easy listening too. No twisting of body and face into knots. Elderly gentleman who enjoys his music as much as he wants us to enjoy it. There are no 100 sangatis, high speed racing in swaras. Sowkyamaana kacheri. I will give the song list shortly- I do not want to give from memory, which is not the very best!

arasi

Post by arasi »

How true!
I have been lucky in catching at least one concert of his every season. He loves his music, has no airs about him and sings his heart out. A composer too and sings in any language with ease.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today was Amutha Venkatesh- Vocal; Rahul- Violin; Arjun Ramesh- Mrudangam.

1.Started with Raghunayaka in Hamsadwani with a short string of swaras.
2. Goverdhana Gireesam in Hindolam- MD
3. Lathangi ragam- Venkataramana of Papanasam Sivan- Neraval + swaram (sub-main)
4. Bhogeendra saayinam- Kuntalavarali- Swati- Brisk pace.
5. Saveri ragam- Barayya Venkataramanaa- Saveri- slow wonderful bhavamful rendition- good swaram
6. Naarayanane Namo namo- Behag- Annamayya- Deliberate pleasant HM touches.
7. Vara leela gaana lola- Thyagaraja's western note based "march past" tune. S'Bharanam. What a genius Saint T had been- what variety! Amazing.

In just over 1 hr. Amrutha could give a very satisfactory concert. Moving away from her regular super vilamba kaala kutcheris and presenting a good mix of compositions with interesting variation in speed, ragas selected, composers, etc., was a welcome development. Her deep and full voice always makes an impression. I felt that initially she had a bit of throat restriction and breath problem which soon disappeared as the programme progressed.( This may just be my feeling). She was introduced as Prince Rama Varma's disciple and that was news. She must be all of 21/22 years and definitely a talent to watch in the years to come. I have a slight pride and (favourable) prejudice as she is from Bangalore!

Mention must be made about the accurate following and good individual performance of the young violinist Rahul. Wonder whose disciple he is. Very impressive.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

#6 - nArAyaNa tE namO namO?

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today 22.7.2010 (written before I forget details!)

Kasthuri Rangan- Vocal
Madurai Balasubramanian- Violin
Mudra Bhaskar- Mridangam
Shankar-Khanjira

Song List:
1. Ninnukori- Varnam- Mohanam-short swaram
2. Sriman Narayana- Bowli
3. Padmavathi Ramanan-Poorvi Kalyani- Alapana, Swaram for Saga Manditha Samudra Sevyam.
4. Naamorala Kimpave Ayya Venkataramana- Yedukula Kambodhi- Annamacharya
5. Thertheeyakaraadaa- Gowlipanthu-Thyagaraja
6. Sediyaya valvinaikal theerkkum Thirumaale-Kulasekhara Azhwar?-Virutham followed by
(Main) Saraguna Paalimpa- Kedaragowla- Alapana, short neraval @ Varaguna Seshadri, Swaram
7. Thani
8. Sreenivasa Thiruvengadamudayan- Hamsanandi
9. Venkatachala Nilayam-Sindhu Bhairavi.

Some Comments:

Sriman Narayana in Bowli was popularised by MSS in a flat bhakti bhava style. Here KR made it a fully briga laden song. Equally enjoyable.

Padmavathi Ramanam by Oothukkadu is a beautiful keerthani, may be not as popular as it deserves to be. Here the rendition was superb.

The virutham "Sediyaya valvinaikal theerkkum" has been rendered in many ragas by TNS but this is the first time I heard in Kedara gowla. Probably due to want of time in the short programme, KR could not go up and down the paasuram to emphasise the "padiyai kidandu un pavaLa vaai kaaNpene"- the key phrase. The kedara gowla alapanai was good. The swaraprasthara was exceptionally impressive.

Kasthuri Rangan is one of the few in CM, who is naturally endowed with a rolling briga laden voice (like MLV, TNS), such that they can casually throw in a crisp briga in most unexpected niches, to the great delight of listeners. Briga producers with lot of training and effort are sometimes strenuous to listen!
The few sruti lapses could have been avoided but very much excusable in the overall good quality of the concert! One reason could be the constant irritation caused by the numerous flies in the venue. They probably prefer the music to the laddus! SVBC which is doing such yeoman service to CM, can fumigate the venue such that artists can sing peacefully.

The thukkadas Srinivasa tiruvengadamudayaan and Venkataachala being so often repeated in this programme really test our patience, in spite of the renditions being of good quality. Future performers should choose other Tirupathi songs.

Overall the concert was very good , enjoyable and satisfactory.

mahakavi

Post by mahakavi »

Yes, "seDiyAya valvinaigaL" is by KulasEkhara AzhwAr. That pAsuram along with nine others are on Lord VenkatEswara of Tirumalai.

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

kssr wrote: 4. Naamorala Kimpave Ayya Venkataramana- Yedukula Kambodhi- Annamacharya
Isn't this song by annamAchAryA's son, pedda tirumalAchAryA, or grandson, chinna tirumalAchArya?

kssr

Post by kssr »

ksrimech wrote: Isn't this song by annamAchAryA's son, pedda tirumalAchAryA, or grandson, chinna tirumalAchArya?
It was announced that it was by Annamacharya. They might be mistaken too.

mamani

Post by mamani »

ANNOUNCEEMENT
WATCH MRS.SUBHA GANESAN VOCAL CONCERT ON 29th JULY NADANIRANJANAM TTD TV CHANNEL NAME OF THE ACCCOMPANING ARTISTS NOT MENTIONED INTHE LIST

hariniraghavan

Post by hariniraghavan »

[/quote]
Isn't this song by annamAchAryA's son, pedda tirumalAchAryA, or grandson, chinna tirumalAchArya?[/quote]

Naamorala kimpave is composed by Thalapakkam Chinnaiah

kartik_krish

Post by kartik_krish »

Trichy Ganesan is a very good singer,IIRC I heard a great AIR concert several years back, he sang Rukmini Pathe in Priyadarshini and elaborated that.Tough choice to enjoy,but yes,for some strange reason,an RTP has been rendered in this raga!

kssr

Post by kssr »

kartik_krish wrote:Trichy Ganesan is a very good singer,IIRC I heard a great AIR concert several years back, he sang Rukmini Pathe in Priyadarshini and elaborated that.Tough choice to enjoy,but yes,for some strange reason,an RTP has been rendered in this raga!
Cannot understand in what context it is written here. Yes. I heard Trichy Ganesan's concert in NN. Very impressive; but that was in April and I had made a brief review under this heading.

Any connection between him and Smt.Subha Ganesan. Not clear.

kartik_krish

Post by kartik_krish »

What I meant was as a singer he is very good,nothing against him, but on that day he elaborated Priyadarshini(several years ago in AIR)which is a minor raga.In fact,I think I have a recording of the same.

mamani

Post by mamani »

as a rasika of smt subha ganesan i know that trichi sri ganesan is not related to mrs subha. mrs suhbhas father is sri karaikudi ganesan(miruthanga idwan)and her husband sri ganesan is a manager in aprivate company

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

kssr wrote:Saga Manditha Samudra Sevyam.
I didn't see this before. It should be saha paNDita samUha sEvyam

kssr

Post by kssr »

ksrimech wrote: I didn't see this before. It should be saha paNDita samUha sEvyam
I stand corrected. Thanks. Just wrote based on what I heard, which is obviously inadequate! Also, what you have written immediately makes sense in spite of my limited sanskrit knowledge.

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

kssr, I probably have as much knowledge as you might have or lesser. I have heard Sri Ravikiran sing and explain this song. Its etched in my memory. Thats all. :grin:

arasi

Post by arasi »

Krishna,
If I had known as much as you do when I was your age :( Even now, I find that you know more than I do ;)

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday 3rd August there was the concert of an young lady Smt. Mahati. I am listening first time to her. Quite impressive. Initial half hour was flawless and good sruthi alignment. She has chosen a very high pitch. The main was Madhyamavathi. The song "Venkatesa Ninnu Sevimpa"- Thyagaraja Kriti. Opening Pallavi itself is on the higher octave and the song stays there. One got the feeling that the programme would have been much more enjoyable had Mahati chosen a pitch slightly lesser. While trying to climb the higher phrases, she lost the inherent beauty of the song. Still no major mistakes. It is just my personal impression. Also I felt that during swaras, the swara spelt was different from the one actually reached. An ending SA SA clearly showed the slope of NI SA. If she tones down a wee bit, we will have a very good artist.

Wish her the very best of luck. Do not know anything about her- place, guru, etc., Got a feeling that she was trying to demonstrate the flamboyance of Sudha Raghunathan. Looks achievable with a little care.

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

arasi wrote: Even now, I find that you know more than I do ;)
ammayArE, enna kindala? inga oru post ozhunga ezhuda mudiyala. neengo vara appappo kaala vaari udarele!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Krishna,
Believe it or not, I'm not hilarity-prone all the time--so, you may take my words seriously at times, yes...

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today's concert was a veena performance of a senior lady Dr.R.S. Jayalakshmi. I tuned in late. It was an excellent performance. There was a ragam and Thanam in Shanmukhapriya followed by the krithi Marivere Dikkevvare Rama. Sangathis flowed like a continuous unstoppable stream. Extremely melodious and perfect rendition.

We keep wondering as to how many gems like these we miss out, overshadowed just by a few musicians. To the best of my knowledge, never heard her name in Bangalore. She does not seem to have been included in Veenotsava of Mudhra later this month.

A name to remember, for sure. Many thanks to SVBC.

nyanasthan

Post by nyanasthan »

kssr wrote:
. Do not know anything about her- place, guru, etc., Got a feeling that she was trying to demonstrate the flamboyance of Sudha Raghunathan. Looks achievable with a little care.
Mhathi is a young vocalist and a disciple of SangithaKalanidhi 'Madurai T N Seshagopalan.

kssr

Post by kssr »

kssr wrote:Today's concert was a veena performance of a senior lady Dr.R.S. Jayalakshmi. She does not seem to have been included in Veenotsava of Mudhra later this month.

A name to remember, for sure. Many thanks to SVBC.
Her name is very much there on the Veenotsava list, even before the inauguration.Sorry about the oversight.

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

I have been posting the Nada Neerajanam at You tube regularly . These have to be removed on request from SVBchannal. Sorry they are not available now
venkatakailasam-11-08-10

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

MODORATER can decide whether this can posted?

I owe a little more explanation as to what went wrong with my uploads at You Tube
regarding SVBC concerts as I felt very sad to remove nearly 160+ uploads of very Good concerts which were well taken by viewers –notably from other countries who were not able to view the live programme.

There was a Dance performance by Kalaimamani Urmila Satyanarayana on 18th May 2010 at SVBC which I have recorded and uploaded with You Tube. One of the viewers commented that ( the song was Ramaya Ramabadraya) the performer was not Smt Urmila Satyanarayana. Initially I ignored the comment. This view was agreed to by another viewer. The first viewer commented that she was 100% sure that the performer must be one of Smt Urmila’s student. I tend to agree with this as I subsequently noticed that Smt Urmila was born in 1960 .

I made a reference to Smt Urmila herself. She confirmed that the performer was one of her students . Honestly, without realizing that it can hurt her , I included the name of the student as the performer –a student of Smt Urmila .

She must have taken up the matter with SVBC, as on the same day I was requested to
delete all the files of SVBC.

Initially I thought that SVBC will be requesting all the uploaders to delete SVBC recordings. But it is not so. Others files still hang around YOU TUBE.
I allowed the matter to rest as it is. (There are 750 files as on date at http://www.youtube.com/user/vkailasam )

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today 12th August 2010, I heard the concert of Smt.V.Sumitra. She has a full solid voice, comparable to veterans. Her confidence and clarity made me assume that she must be a disciple of some male stalwart. Then I learnt that she is the prime disciple of Smt.Vedavalli. Very good in many respects.

There were elaborations of Atana, Mukhari (Enthaninne)and Kedaragowla (Saraguna Paalimpa). The stamp of authority in each sangathi, total adherence to sruthi were impressive. Special mention is to be made about the swaraprasthaaram. It was not just a dumping of a lot of swaras at breakneck speed. In each cycle we could see that it is just an extension of the raga alapana, the raga bhavam shining at every turn. It is made possible by the appropriately timed brighas for specific characteristic swara korvais with lovely stretching of some swaras and equally important pauses.

She has definitely made her guru proud with this rendition. I wonder if she will get good exposure this season. If someone wants to listen to soulful traditional flawless CM, Smt.Sumitra is a good bet.
Last edited by kssr on 13 Aug 2010, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

kssr,
I have heard vINai Jayalakshmi several years ago and her playing was extremely pleasing. If you are talking about the same person, she is a senior vidUshi but not a senior by any means!

About nAda nIrAjanam: hope it continues. If a concert is on every single evening and even if a handful of popular performers are invited a few times during the year, what an impressive number of young artistes and not so well-known seniors get the exposure they need! mArgazhi mahA utsavam has brought CM to many homes--a month long event. I cannot imagine how much this every day program is contributing to the spread of CM. Who said CM is stagnant?

kssr

Post by kssr »

arasi wrote:kssr,
I have heard vINai Jayalakshmi several years ago and her playing was extremely pleasing. If you are talking about the same person, she is a senior vidUshi but not a senior by any means!
She is 60. (Senior?) Saw her profile below using google.

http://rsjayalakshmi.com/profile.php