Neelakanta Buwa Mirakjar

Classical Music of North India
rshankar

Neelakanta Buwa Mirakjar

Post by rshankar »

Kji - do you have any tracks of this musician?

mankuthimma

Re: Neelakanta Buwa Mirakjar

Post by mankuthimma »

No . He died in 1935 !!!
The earliest recording i have has just a title 1936 . So that must be the earliest one with me . I could not identify the singer .
Made more difficult because the singing is at breakneck speed.
Last week I played it for Lalgudi Sr , to tickle his brains for an upcoming documentary. I was told that , as a kid Lalgudi Sr would listen to records on the speakers kept in the muncipal offices - featuring such records on radio . He would then dash home and repeat what he had heard.
So It was a demand for tracks of real vintage and I took this track. But even he could not identify . At some places , he almost uttered Semm... but again had doubts .
I am reserving that for the MKR saga .
Coming to this point , I have heard only Rajaguru Live. Words cannot describe that music .Maybe a vintage Rajaguru and Mansoor can recreate some of that magic of their Gurus.. I will put up something tomorrow.

Panchakshari Gavai is the Guru of Venkatesh Kumar .
Mansoor . I was not fortunate enough to hear him live .

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

Please listen to this
http://www.mediafire.com/?s5z0f95jnjs1r61

As you read this ( The article by Nachiketha Sarma )
http://www.dharwad.com/rajguru.html

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Beautiful...THANKS! And what an end.

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Yes, awesome. Megh is a magical raga. The mandrasthayi and purvanga prayogas create the foreboding/expectation of the impending cloudburst, and the towering sweeps into the madhya/tarasthayi verily take the listener into the clouds to communion with Indra. Who better than Vasavaraj to deliver us there ? :)

Megh is wholly suitable for Dhrupad. Manku, when you have time, any Megh dhrupads, e.g. by Gundechas, Mallicks, Dagars, that you can share ?

Thanks,
SR

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

SR
I will send you a mail , on the way I archive my music.With a Dirprint report.
Each folders grows , starting with Film songs based on ragas , then bhajans , ghazals , then LP recordings , then short duration recordings , 30 minute renderings and lastly hour long recordings . If and where available You can pick from that and ask me to upload .
I will always have the time. I will only have to filter out the commercial stuff . Which is easier in HM .What I cannot do , is to express my feelings in technical terms as you all do.
Yesterday I was watching one of the videos titled " Origin of the Sitar " where Ravisankar picks up Bhupali for some elaboration.
Though I had seen this video many times before , Yesterdays experience , with my son , in tow , was different because of what I have read in the Technical section , in recent days . So you can count on me for Megh and more and more of this stuff.
This is the real power of internet .And related technology . The ability to read something and relate it to what you hear , on a live mode.
My son at 15 , is at a point in appreciation levels, where I had laboured to , at the age of 35.
And So I shall always be ready . As long as you dont ask me technical questions. |(

Sangeet Rasik

Post by Sangeet Rasik »

Manku,

Perfect ! Thanks. Please check your email.

This stupendous archive will continue to play a great role in enlightening all of us and creating better understanding/appreciation of music. I am happy that we can all share in this understanding. Very glad to hear that "Manku Jr." is fast up-and-coming as a future upholder of classical music!

Best Wishes,
SR

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

you can see manku jrs work at
ourmusicalheritage.wordpress.com.
concert of panshikar yesterday-on air np- lovely raga Dogree and a very sombre kafi kanada will be up tonight .
we are here in this for the long haul :clap: