Books on Mridangam Lessons

Tālam & Layam related topics
VishyamOS

Books on Mridangam Lessons

Post by VishyamOS »

Hi Everyone I have been reading through the various topics and content covered across a myriad of issues and think that it is very informative and useful.

I am wondering if someone has any ideas if there are any good books I could follow for teaching mridangam lessons for beginners. I am not worried about the real basic lessons but mainly around sequencing the learning pattern. I have to admit that i have misplaced my mridangam notebook while relocating.

Any suggestions welcome....Thank you heaps

VOS..

Vijayakumar

Re: Books on Mridangam Lessons

Post by Vijayakumar »

Please consider the following;
1. Latest set of DVDs on mridangam lessons and e-books released as Mridanga chintamani by UKS. This is available in leading book stores/ retail chains.
2. Art of South Indian drumming - by Tiruchy Sankaran. Availability not widespread . can be requested thro the website/ email contacts of Shri Sankaran
3. Book and CD by TVG
I consider the first one to be the most comprehensive i have ever come across.

VishyamOS

Post by VishyamOS »

Thanks. I got the full set of DVDs and book by UKS sir and is indeed comprehensive...Thanks for your suggestion and help...Vijayakumar..

Vijayakumar

Post by Vijayakumar »

You are welcome. Also there is a latest set of DVDs on mohra , korvais by UKS. you may consider that also if interested.