Cleveland Festival 2012 on iCarnatic.org

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
icarnatic

Cleveland Festival 2012 on iCarnatic.org

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

iCarnatic will be streaming 11 days of Cleveland Aradhana 2012 from April 4-15, 2012.

This year will feature 33 Premium paid programs and several free programs. This year, the premium programs will be available for 1 On-Demand Viewing at your convenience (between April 16 to May 15, 2012). Visit http://www.icarnatic.org for details.

Purchase your Premium Package today (http://www.icarnatic.org) at a special price of $60/- for Non-India Customers and $40 (approximately Rs.2000) for India Customers. The special pricing ends on Feb 28, 2012. Buy today at http://www.icarnatic.org.

Please contact us at info@icarnatic.org for any questions you may have.

We also have few premium advertisement spots. Please contact Ravi Natarajan (ravi@icarnatic.org) for details. Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

The iCarnatic Team
http://www.icarnatic.org

icarnatic

Re: Cleveland Festival 2012 on iCarnatic.org

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

The promotional pricing ends on 28th Feb.

Regards

iCarnatic.org

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Many thanks Ravi for this treat on behalf of those of us who cannot personally attend the Festival...
Are you archiving these webcasts for the benefit of posterity?

arasi

Post by arasi »

Looking forward to another year of your streaming such good music and other programs from Cleveland!

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

Four more days to Cleveland Aradhana Festival. In case you are not able to make it to Cleveland, you can watch most of the programs live on http://www.iCarnatic.org. This year, we are planning to provide the concerts and dance performances as video-on-demand (in addition to the live performance).

All the proceeds will go to Cleveland Aradhana. Please join us online and support our tradition and culture.

Regards

Team http://www.iCarnatic.org

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

Excuse me if this is the wrong thread - but I did not see a Cleveland 2012 general thread.

I plan to be there on 5th & 6yth April. Are there other Rasikas attending the festival on those days? It may be a good chance to meet, and exchange some hellos :)

You can get to me on my e-mail (don't use the forum e-mail, since that account got locked) - hamsanandi at gmail dot com

-Ramakriya

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Forumites: I plan to attend with my wife on April 12 and 13th. Would love to meet forumites who may be around @ that time.

cacm

Post by cacm »

I will be there ALL THRU' THE FESTIVAL- WED 3 TO THE END. ANY ONE interested in meeting me or discussing MMI CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS IN CLEVELAND OR CHENNAI or REMEMBERING VELLORE RAMABHADRAN PROJECT started by V.V.S. & ME I AM AVAILABLE. VKV

mathe-kamas

Post by mathe-kamas »

Looks like icarnatic.org has listed all the premium programs they would be streaming. How about the other programs not listed here? In particular, there are questions from extended family members of kids who are performing at the aradhana, who cannot make it to Cleveland.

arasi

Post by arasi »

The festival starts for me now!
Thanks to iCarnatic.org, I'm watching from home an ensemble of our youngsters playing flutes (Shashank and Shruthi Subramaniam of MI), veeNA (Arthi Nadhan of IL), violin (Sushmitha Ravikumar of OH) and mrudangam (Athrey Nadhan and Sanjay Subramaniam. kapAli in mOhanam and now they are playing Dr.Ramani's hindOlam tillAnA. Happy to begin my musical experience of this year's ArAdhanA by listening to the sounds and promise of the future of CM in the US and elsewhere...
Last edited by arasi on 05 Apr 2012, 08:04, edited 2 times in total.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

I too am joining on this festival experience..
Just watching the dance...

fuddyduddy

Post by fuddyduddy »

First days program came in smoothly. Yesterdays OST concert was constantly getting cut off with a message that the network in Cleveland State University is slow; it may be a load-balance issue.. Hope tonights will get in smoothly.

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

Thank you for your support. The Video on Demand of OST and other paid programs will be available from 17th April.
The network connection in the Auditorium where OST concert was conducted was very poor. Hope you enjoyed the Friday and Saturday programs.
Thank you for your continued support.

Regards

Team iCarnatic.org

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

The Dasavataram dance was exhilarating and well broadcast.
The quality of the "free" broadcasts are poor at times...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Just now heard Shyamala Ramakrishnan (NJ) the USA music award winner 2011. That was a superb performance deserving all the accolades showered on her by our VKV.
The webcast was excellent in the high quality. I hope they keep it up so more can be attracted to watching...

Will the Video on Demand include the "FREE" programs also?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

A brilliant presentation of MMI/LGJ-style of Thaye Yasoda by the students of Anuradha Sridhar..
Rivetting and fascinating....

arasi

Post by arasi »

Now, listening to sAvEri, after the lovely hindOlam and kalyANi from SeshampaTTi, rAgamAliakai continuing into Anandabhairavi. Missed their inaugural mangala isai due to streaming trouble, but savoring this. Ah, the Anandabhairav now morphing into sahAnA is beautiful!

Yes, heard Anuradha and kids in bits, and some other kids singing, the past two days. All top notch! Every year, they seem to be getting better! Vive la US!

Last evening Rhada was splendid. Her art is capturing.

Could only hear the master part of the time, but how Ravikiran played!

Kudos to all!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Just Fantastic!!
I loved his varaaLi...
When I heard the Naveena Vaggeyakaras I was hoping to hear one of yours - the North American one..
But they disappointed me towing the conventionals (tanjore Sankara Iyer/GNB/BMK/Ravikiran/...)
Maybe next time....

arasi

Post by arasi »

I missed a lot of hours because of my family visiting.

CML,
I am too 'young' a modern vaggEyakArA. A genius like Ravikiran doesn't count, however young he happens to be. He is in a league of his own :) Yes, his varALi was tremendous.

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

Hope you are enjoyed today's high quality webcast. We had significant challenges with Internet connection. Hopefully, the current conditions will prevail and will allow us to bring you a good quality webcast and great experience. Thank you for your continued support. We need more of you to subscribe to paid programs and enable us to bring you more programs like this.

Regards

Team iCarnatic.org

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

A superb production of Krishna Parijatam in Kuchupudi/Bharatanatyam style with lilting CM ragas beautifully rendered. The webcast was immaculate. I particularly enjoyed the Bhama whose statuesqe postures and bhava-laden adavu stole my heart. Kudos to the whole team as I can convey my applause only through this Forum.

I do pray that Maestro Vempatti chinna satyam gets well soon and provides more inspiration for the propagation of this immortal art all over the world....

padavarnam

Post by padavarnam »

Firstly, thanks for the live webcast. It feels like one is sitting right there in the Waetjen Auditorium! My observations over the last couple of days:

1. The Pancharatnam rendition was much more restrained and pleasing to the ears this time, thanks in good measure to the fine audio balancing.

2. The performance of the Carnatic Idol finalists was at once promising and not up to the standards one might expect from these kids. These kids obviously have oodles of potential, but have some serious hard work and contemplation to do to arrive at core values. Best wishes to them in their quest.

3. The effort put into the group presentations was evident. The young kids were in sync for the most part with only occasional lapses in sruti and coordination. I was more than a tad disappointed with Anuradha Sridhar's group. Even though they sounded well coordinated, they completely lacked soul and appeared to be simply going through the motions that they were taught. Some of the vocal gimmicks that they attempted came through as sounding tacky and fell flat. Many of my friends felt this too.

4. Congratulations to all the prize winners! Must have been a proud moment for them, their parents and gurus.

fuddyduddy

Post by fuddyduddy »

Am amazing amazing Narayanagowlai by Neyveli is going on now...
No issues on the webcast! Thanks icarnatic, really wanted to watch this concert!

arasi

Post by arasi »

What a Monday morning at Cleveland!

MD Pancharatnams by Jayshri Varadarajan's students was very good.

laya vinyAsam by the giants was awesome--each bringing his excellence to the presentation, with such pleasing help from Thyagarajan and Nagai Sriram.

Even layA-wanting rasikAs like me got immersed in it. Cleveland reigns--you cannot find such confluence of great artistes, all on stage together like this.
The more I see that most unassuming musician Thyagarajan, playing so well, and helping out to the max--accompanying super stars, dance programs and youngsters tirelessly, I can't but admire him. His playing should not be ignored in all this and by the greatness of his father. His brief Sriranjani AlApanA was moving...

Ah, our vidyaarthi!
NSG gave a superb concert. VV Sundaram said it all, but I want to add to it the AtmAnubhavam which NSG shares with rasikAs in all his concerts. His voice was in super condition and I loved every piece that he presented, from the asAveri varNam, kannaDa, through the rarely heard naDamADum nAdanaDi in pUrvi kalyNi (with its neraval in bAlakrishnan pADa, biraman tALam pODa). Here, our other forumite, the indefatigable super layavAn MannarguDi E took us to great heights with NSG, well assisted by yet another forumite, Gopalakrishnan!
The following aTANA was so pleasing.
Then came the mellifluous nArAyana gowLa, the rAgam and svarams just exploding.
Thanks, NSG, it was an unforgettable performance. Hoping for many more such concerts from you...
Thanks Cleveland and iCArnatic ;)
Last edited by arasi on 10 Apr 2012, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

>>> MD Pancharatnams by Jayshri Varadarajan's students was very good.

Which compositions were included in this set?

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

Listening to Sriranjani Santhanagopalan's concert. Enjoyed her Evari Maata in Kambhoji

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

The redoubdtable Gaytri Girish now with Tamil kritis popularised by MMI, very appropriately for his centenary. She starts with the RitigowLai (what else the ever popular TatvamaRiya tharama). She is following up with the OVK thaye yasoda anotherfavourite of MMI...
Don't miss her!

arasi

Post by arasi »

A class act from Gayatri Girish. After our maNiyAna Mani fan VKV's few words, Gayatri, in MMI's honor, sang his favored tamizh kritis with apt intros. She sings with clarity, being sensitive to the meaning of words. Example: with neraval in tAyE yasOdA, she stopped with kai vaLai kulunga at least once, before going on to muttu mAlaigaL aSaiya.
I loved her jyOti svarUpiNi from her rAgam singing to the end, and Ranjani's reply was equally sweet. I bet you would have liked tUkkiya tiruaDi tuNai ena nambinEn!
Her viruttam was very appealing, leading to irakkam varAmal pOnadenna.
A shame, the streaming stopped before she ended the concert. She had just started singing the concluding thiru thANDagam verse kAdi mOdi.

Today's schedule looks like sanyAsam from samsAram :( Where do have I the time to attend to my every day work?

After the vINA concert (will listen a bit and run to get the basics done at home and then be back to hear Manimaran, Raji Gopalakrishnan and the grand old (young ) man Srikantan.

The kids (torch bearers) did a fantastic job yesterday. More about it later, and what followed this morning....

arasi

Post by arasi »

Back to the kids performing yesterday. They get better and better every year! They just sang away without any pieces of paper in front of them. When some thamizh professional singers have trouble with lyrics and have to glance at their notes every now and then, the American grown crop amazed us with song after song in tamizh--not in today's tamizh :( but in tamizh of earlier times. Let me not forget the quality of the music either. Credit goes to them for their hard work, to parental support and to the teachers. It was a serious, concert-length concert. With the help of equally proficient young accompanists, they sang kruti after kruti of substance--sivakAma sundari, sendil ANDavan, a mega tODi rendering of kArthikEya gAngEya gowri tanayA.
The padams had an added surprise. Was it Bragha? Anyway, we saw a dancer materialize on stage, dancing to the padams...

We could not see the after hours informal session. iCArnatic had trouble with streaming from the hotel, but have announced that they will make the sessions available from the 17th to mid-May . So, missed watching Suryaprakash's speciality last night..:(

arasi

Post by arasi »

Manimaran's concert was appealing. He has a pleasing voice with which he sings serenely. It was my favored flavor of an all tamizh (and all tillai) concert. His pUrvi kalyANi svarams were lilting.

Nagai was great support and so was Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan. So far, I have not heard TV playing in a noisy mode at all, and we know how even some stalwarts fall prey to more 'sound'!

I also heard three women's concerts yesterday, all of them individualistic in their own ways. Earlier in the day, Sriranjani Santhanagopalan sang very well, her developing her own style, with the core bearing the unmistakable NSG stamp. I am sure her father's valuable gift to her will guide her, whichever way she's going to sculpt her music.

Soon after, I heard Gayatri Girish whose music I'm fond of. I have already mentioned her concert in my last post and she is another individualistic vocalist.

The third one truly fits the description. Raji Gopalkrishnan is anything but a formula singer.She has such a command over her performance from minute one. I like her voice, her imagination and the rich textures she brings to her music. She expertly handles AlApanAs and svarams. Her svarams and sangathis in Ranjani were impressive. So was the dvi rAga pallavi in mOhanam and jaganmOhini.
Her rich voice sounds as if it has a built-in instrument which can get by without any instrumental accompaniment, so to speak.
Murugabhoopathy is another mrudangist who is not 'sound' crazy and as a result, his playing is always pleasing.

The evening concert of the pitAmahA was all that I expected it to be. RKS is RKS. pattarai mATRuth thangam (twenty four carat gold).
Song after song, his full-throated ease was in display.The concert was rich with traditional rAgams and also rAgams like valaji, garuDa dhvani, vijayanAgari and so on--all sung with zest and strength. Nagai M played finely.

But the two stalwarts on the mrudangam!
Only in Cleveland!
Guruvayur Dorai and Mannargudi Easwaran made it an evening of a memorable duet of mrudangams! They played with joy and of course with their expertise and it was something to hear ;)
Last edited by arasi on 13 Apr 2012, 00:22, edited 3 times in total.

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Thanks Arasi ji...now in Phoenix.neyveli anbudan.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

VVS dubbed Raji as the MLV reincarnation. No doubt Sudha won't mind sharing the Mantle with her. Her performance was spell-binding and her resonant voice as arasi points out does not need any accompaniment like that of MLV. She is also a great teacher and her shishyas will be coming on line soon. It is time that she is recognized by the CM community with the right kind of awards soon. Rajesh could spearhead the move!

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

Dear Rasikas,

What if iCarnatic.org stops all free webcasts, would you miss them? We would like to hear from you.

Regards

iCarnatic.org

arasi

Post by arasi »

iCarnatic should not be asking us this now, when we have missed listening to most of Nirmala Sundararajan's concert!

I have a 'What if...?'
Is this in jest or is it a threat?
Just kidding, kidding ;)

arasi

Post by arasi »

Hope TNS's concert is going to be aired from the beginning! That is--when it starts!

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

Hello Arasi,

Smt. Nirmala Sundararajan's concert was webcasted in full. Can you please let me know what sort of issues you had? Hope you are able to view TNS concert now. If you have any issues, please reach out to us via online support ASAP.

Regards

iCarnatic.org

arasi

Post by arasi »

Listening to TNS now--from the very beginning. No problems at all.

Well, during Nirmala Sundararajan's concert, the off line mode or 'will be back after a brief pause' message was on. The sound came on only for commercials, and that was it.Then the image came on without any sound, but I did catch the tail end of the concert.
Really looking forward to the concerts later once again after the 17th. Hope you will announce the details so that we can catch up. The missed informal sessions which we enjoyed so much last year (live) are going to be available too, I hope.Thanks!

arasi

Post by arasi »

TNS's concert just ended. It was absolutely absorbing. His grand pallavi was a fitting tribute to MMI.

VKV,
I can see tears in your eyes, tears of joy, after vidvAns and vidUshis are honoring him and Palghat Mani (another hero of yours) in music and verse the past several days. We are all happy, and are happy for you! Caught glimpses of you on the screen...

Going back yesterday, the day started for me with Bharathi, Sumitra Subramanian from India (daughter of Jayanthi Subramanian) dancing to Bharathi's Sakthi kUthu: thagath thagath thagavenRADOmO, siva sakthi sakthi sakthiyenRu pADOmO? I loved the way the abhinayam went, and her movements were fluid and refined. Wonder if Ravi could see it. I hope he sees it when they stream the programs again. Wish I knew an smidgen about dance of what he does. I am keen on seeing her again, and the other leading dancers in Jayanthi Subramanian's program on Saturday.

Alamelu Mani's concert, I heard here and there. It was in honor of the centenary of Brindamma. What a sweet voice she possesses!

Then came the two Sugunas to steal my heart away. What a pair they are! Though I've heard them individually several times in person and have admired their singing, this is the first time I hear them together--and what a terrific duo they are! Their vidvat shines, one in the other as it were, and they make a strong pair, indeed. Forgetting for a moment all that they have amassed as singers and scholars in music, let me dwell for a moment just on their singing together.They are a perfect match. With all the contained manner in which they sing, their scholarship unfolding, you also sense the amity they have as musical partners. In all the tranquilizing mood they set, the liveliness of their music comes through. suguNamuthO, the two Sugunas sang suguNamulE, following it up with PUrvi kalyANi, and the mInAkshi they sang together was something I haven't heard sung so well after my listening to MS sing it. Well, it was in honor of MMI who gave the song his own signature, of course.

As if her music couldn't pay enough tribute to the two Manis, Suguna Purushotham the composer came up with the line for the pallavi in kAmbOdi: kuralukkOr madura (i) maNi, viralukkOr mrudanga maNi!

Brinda Amma was celebrated in a lovely song too, and as I was moving around, only heard words here and there--padamAip pADa vandAi BrindA ammA...sIlamAi, tangachi sahitamAi...aparimithamAi, manadukkidamAi...nAvil gamakamigavE....
Hope I got most of it right. I think it was in chenjuruTTi. With all the rAgams swirling in my head, I'm not sure.

It was a most satisfying concert for me...
Last edited by arasi on 14 Apr 2012, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

iCarnatic
Can you allocate more bandwidth for audio so that even if the video is interrupted the audio which is important continues?
The occasional pauses and blackouts are indeed disconcerting..
I notice about 175 watching the 'free' webcasts. Can you tell how many from India? They will watch even ifyou charge a small fee. I wonder whether they can be recorded and watched later by the busy folks. I understand the archived ones are available only for the paid customers. Will the 'free' webcasts also be archived?

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

How do you get the FREE broadcasts ?

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sundara Rajan,
Hope you can catch up with the last three days of the festival.Just google iCarnatic.org.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Visit
http://www.icarnatic.org/livefreereg.aspx
and register yourself and then you can watch the free webcast programs.
The program schedule mutatis mutandis is
http://www.aradhana.org/schedule.html
..the ticketed programs are the paid programs...

icarnatic

Post by icarnatic »

cmlover wrote:iCarnatic
Can you allocate more bandwidth for audio so that even if the video is interrupted the audio which is important continues?
The occasional pauses and blackouts are indeed disconcerting..
I notice about 175 watching the 'free' webcasts. Can you tell how many from India? They will watch even ifyou charge a small fee. I wonder whether they can be recorded and watched later by the busy folks. I understand the archived ones are available only for the paid customers. Will the 'free' webcasts also be archived?
Dear CMlover,

In fact we are webcasting the concerts in two different qualities. The paid customers have an option of choosing a lower quality video option (You will see the option at the lower right of the broadcast window; if you are in full screen mode, you will have to shrink your window first). At lower quality video, the audio quality will be same. Paid users with poor network connections, should consider this.

As of now, we have no plans of archiving free concerts. If the plan changes, we will send an update in this forum and in our web pages.

Regards

iCarnatic.org

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

May I get reports on what Shri TNS and Suryaprakash sang (either live attendee or webcast attendee) in the festival and your opinions on how it was?

arasi

Post by arasi »

More about yesterday...
Caught a glimpse of kuTTi (little, cute) Karthik Suresh Iyer, but he was winding up :( How did he sing? Later,
from what VVS said, I gathered that he is another off shoot of the Neyveli family!

Had to miss the other winners...

Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath started with rA rAmA iNTi dAka,following it up with a nice kIRavANi rAgam. She has a pleasant sounding voice, having no trace at all of crooning or showing off. I heard her sing smara sundarAnguni in paras finely. Then we were told that she is now learning from Vegavahini!
Wish I had heard more, but folks, I have a life too ;)

Caught Tiruvarur Girish singing a very good bEgaDa rAgam and singing Poochi's manasuna (?) neranammiti with chiTTasvaram.His varALI AlApanai had such fine touches, befitting his school. Swarnalatha's reply to that varALi was inspired. I had a KVN moment with ETi janmamidirA which followed.

Then came our forumite Suryaprakash's concert.

VVS in his intro spoke of another dear forumite VKV, the supreme fan of MMI, and how he was involved a great deal in the planning of celebrating MMI's centenary in Cleveland. VKV had suggested a concert by Suryaprakash to represent one aspect of the greatness of MMI--his dynamic aspect, he said. He added, if Suryaprakash could display one thousandth of that dynamic quality, rasikAs would be happy! An amusing statement, I thought. Those who have heard Suryaprakash more than once would have thought--one-thousandth?? !!

Suryaprakash as expected, started the concert with a ringing voice, with the prelude of the tamburA being sent backstage because it could not be fine-tuned.
Momentum (part of the dynamic quality in a concert), is an assured factor in Suryaprakash's concerts. The concert picks up the minute he starts singing, and does not wane.
His Anandabhairavi rAgam and kamalAmbA was beautifully sung.
sarasa sAma dAna followed, delivered with usual zest.

The ShanmukapriyA RTP had the usual flow of Suryaprakash's presentation of any rAgam. The pallavi line was from the song MMI had requested his dear friend writer Chitti to compose for him, after Gandhiji was assasinated: mahAtmA gAndhi vazhi naDappOm, mA perum talaivar gAndhi vazhi naDappOm, etc. A short rAgamAlikai of naLinakAnthi, kAnaDA, AbhEri...

I was happy when VVS appeared on the stage at the end (he does not speak after a concert if he has already introduced the artiste). Just as I was wondering about his previous statement about the percentage representing the dynamism of MMI, I was happy to hear him say how far the concert exceeded his expectations!
After listening to hours of high quality music and rejuvenating singing from the youngsters--and also cold weather-affected (and some old!) voices, just as in the Chennai season, it was refreshing to listen to Suryaprakash sing in his sonnapaDi kETkum kural (a voice at his bidding). To me, his concert at Cleveland this year, an MMI celebration year, was just the right thing to listen to.
Last edited by arasi on 14 Apr 2012, 21:01, edited 3 times in total.

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Thanks to iCarnatic.org, I am watching / listening to Smt. Vegavahini's concert live!

(I had planned to be in Cleveland today but had to change plans in the last minute)

suma

Post by suma »

Vedavalli mami's concert today was outstanding and extremely divine.

arasi

Post by arasi »

A special note to Rajesh from a web-cast attendee ;)about TNS's concert, as requested by him. I did mention that it was an absorbing concert in an earlier post.
TNS started the concert with the majestic koluvaiyunnADE a nd kachEri kaLai kaTTiviTTadu (the concert took off).
Sri rAgam was etched very well. Sri varalakshmi followed. Then came PUrvi kalyAni with ninnu vinA. A ghana kAmbOdi en suite.
RTP in ShaNmukapriya which was superb in every way. Then came behAg, nIlAmbari and SankarAbharaNam, and he landed back in S.Priya .A super journey it was. The pallavi line: gAna kalAdhara madurai MaNi, and abhinava nandISa laya uttama durai maNi or something close to that to honor PMI. rAgamAlikai and svarams in all MMI's favored rAgams; bahudhARi, kAnaDA, jOnpuri, then S.bhairavi.
NAgai Sriram was at his best, accompanying him. Dorai and Karthick in support...

Rajesh, since MKR was there (you saw his pic with Seshgopalan), he can fill you in on details with authority!
Last edited by arasi on 18 Apr 2012, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Any chance of the concert recordings being available?
Also, can someone post about Vid. Vedavalli's concert?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Thank you Arasi, even though I did not hear any of the concerts, looks that vidwans and vidushis have presented a well thought out presentation. Kudos to each of them :clap: :clap: .

Looking at the duration of the concerts in the website , appears most of them had an 1 hour to 90 mins time (no time to even sneaze and cough with no cups of water), to few 2 hour concerts (one can choose to either sneaze or cough and have one cup of water) to very very few 2 1/2 hour concert(you are allowed to both sneaze and cough and also have two cups of water) to the only 3 hour concert which Shri TNS has hit the ground with koluvai unnAde and then gone with the pallavi in shanmughapriya connecting both the mani's ;)

May i also know apart from Smt vedavalli , what Dr Balasubramaniam,Sumitra vasudev presented and how our other forumite V Shankaranarayanan presented his concert and also many others whom I forgot to mention.