Ramakrishnan Murthy for Oli Chamber Concerts, 3/Jun

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sankark

Ramakrishnan Murthy for Oli Chamber Concerts, 3/Jun

Post by sankark »

Ramakrishnan Murthy - Vocal
VVS Murari - Violin
B Sivaraman - Mridangam

Partial song list..

Guruvandana Slokam in (Begada, Kalyani?)
Sami - Surati - Rupakam - Subbarama Dikshitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=Jqa2gWgib6Y by SRJ)
Ananda Natana - Kedaram - M Chapu - Dikshitar (brief raga sketch, NS@bukthi mukthi)
Chetulara Sringaramu - Bhairavi - Adi - T (Elaborate alapana in 2 stages, NS@Ani mudyala, T)
Sagara Sayana - Bageshri

had to leave when he started Sagara sayana.

First time I have listened to this artist and some one I would be willing to pay for a paid concert..

Thanks to Oli Team to have organized 3 very good (Sumitra, RG & this one) concerts I have attended so far..

anandasangeetham

Re: Ramakrishnan Murthy for Oli Chamber Concerts, 3/Jun

Post by anandasangeetham »

the song list is almost complete with the last one a Bharathiar song in ragamalika...

overall a good concert. the ambience was superb....a moderate gathering of 40 odd people. absolute silence ...it was bliss listening...

I had heard a brief singing of RKM on the new year eve celebrations at the Academy and i wanted to listen to him. not disappointed.
he has a great manodharma and some phrases in Kedaram and Bhairavi were out of this world. Swara singing is his forte and he excelled in that.his Sagara Sayana was the highlight of the concert...simply superb. I could feel goose pimples on his rendition and he at places reminded the great KVN...very very neat rendition (except for the fast paced "sagara sayana" at he end of pallavi)

I did find some points that he needs to concentrate...strong adherence to sruti is very much required and he wavered at places.....though it was a mike concert he was barely audible in the lower octaves...as a young singer he has to make a promise to himself of not presenting any song unless the same is thoroughly memorised by him....the bharathiyar song was just the opposite of the Sagara sayana piece...he was looking at the notes while singing and there was no emotion, no raga bhavam (VVS Murari helped in bringing out the Sindhu bhairavi)...just a very plain rendition. He presented RTP in Bhairavi and the alapana was in two sessions. the first covered a overal glimpse and second a more detailed one..but then there were lots of repetitive phrases. But it also contained some "excellent not heard so far" phrases.

VVS Murari played some delectful sancharas in Kedaram, Bhairavi. good accompaniment.

Sivaraman had some trouble in the sruti of his mrudangam initially. but he was superb..played some honey dipped beats..soft and eloquent......a short tani but good.

Thanks to Oli team for such chamber concerts.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I missed this one, sadly as it was strongly recommended to me.

Probably the next Oli concert was announced: can someone post the details please?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

anandasangeetham wrote:He presented RTP in Bhairavi and the alapana was in two sessions. the first covered a overal glimpse and second a more detailed one..but then there were lots of repetitive phrases. But it also contained some "excellent not heard so far" phrases.
sankark wrote: Chetulara Sringaramu - Bhairavi - Adi - T (Elaborate alapana in 2 stages, NS@Ani mudyala, T)
sankark /anandasangeetham
In bhairavi, what was presented chetulara or RTP???

anandasangeetham

Post by anandasangeetham »

my mistake...it was RT in Bhairavi followed by chetulara.

kssr

Post by kssr »

anandasangeetham wrote:my mistake...it was RT in Bhairavi followed by chetulara.
Sometimes it is good to make mistakes. You know that people are reading :)