Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath-Aditi-A Radhesh-Manjunath

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
srikant1987

Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath-Aditi-A Radhesh-Manjunath

Post by srikant1987 »

Aditi - Violin
Radhesh - Mridangam
Manjunath - Ghatam

16 June 2012
Gayana Samaja Youth Festival,
Gayana Samaja (Bangalore)

List:
vanajAkShi - kalyANi - aTa
padavini - sAlagabhairavi - Adi - T (S)
vENugAnalOluni - kEdAragauLa - rUpaka - T (R, NS @ vikasita pankaja vadanalu)
mAkElarA - ravicandrika - Adi - T
mAyamma - Ahiri - Adi - SS
vara nArada - vijayashrI - Adi - T
bAlagOpAla - bhairavi - Adi - MD (R, NS @ nIla nIrada sharIra)
tani
varALi rAgam, tAnam
pallavi: kAncIpurAdhIshvari kAmAkShi karuNA kaTAkShi
khaNDa tripuTa, +1/2 eDuppu
rAgamAlika swarams in khamAs, Anandabhairavi, behAg, suruTTi
shlOka in nAdanAmakriya, kApi, more nAdanAmakriya, yamunA kalyANi
krShNa nI bEganE bArO - yamunA kalyANi - cApu
nI nAma - saurAShTra - Adi - T
shlOka in madhyamAvati
Last edited by srikant1987 on 18 Jun 2012, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Re: Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath-Aditi-A Radhesh-Manjunath

Post by rshankar »

Srikant, where was this concert held?

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

rshankar, Thanks for asking. Have edited post including the location.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

nice to see radhesh. I really like his sensitive plyaing.

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

I too remember Radhesh from http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19236 and Aishwarya from http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 6&p=213420

Aishwarya offered a good mix with some fast renditions also in this concert: padavini, mAkElarA and vara nArada were all done briskly. While her voice didn't seem to have warmed up to bring out padavini at such a speed with absolute clarity, the swarams, with all those ravais, brought out sAlagabhairavi so well.

Kedaragaulai was done with flair, totally classical. Aishwarya sings a round or two of unorthodox (not to the song's metre) neravals also. Both her neravals felt "complete". There were only mElkAla swarams in kEdAragauLai, and it was nice as they didn't upset the tempo launched by the mElkAla neravals.

mAyamma was done very slowly (I was thinking it might even feel a little stupid to sing like that in the beginning) but oh my god! The ni's were so effectively used to give goosepimples, especially in the pallavi! I was thinking, it is important to keep some breath (or bow, in a violin) reserved for such notes and phrases, EVEN at the cost of an earlier word in the lyric.

vara nArada was excellently rendered in good speed, with voice well warmed-up.

Radhesh's accompaniment seemed more 'active' in this concert, or may be the presence of violin accompaniment also worked to ensure there were no awkward silences during mridangam-accompanied sections. :)

The bhairavi AlApanai had some, though. Perhaps Aditi could have done more to fill them up. All in all, it was nice to see a young musician tread carefully through bhairavi, bringing in absolutely no shades of mAnji.

The tani was getting a little boring (I perhaps expected too much from Radhesh -- for whom it was a second bAlagOpAla - nIla nIrada in about a fortnight!), but the koraippu rounds were awesome.

I had expected another heavy tukkaDa section -- instead got a pallavi, in varALi to boot. Wonderful selection for rAgamAlika swarams.

Felt blessed to hear the dying nAdanAmakriya in the viruttam. nAdanAmakriya, Ahiri, wow! Wow!

There was some cEShTai in krShNa nI bEganE bArO, with the line 'jagadOddhAraka namma uDupi shrI krShNa' sung about a dozen times, but Aishwarya had more than earned the license for that earlier in the concert. :D

Beautiful concert, all in all. Glad to have sat till the very end. Got to see another friend at its end too.

Got to know Aishwarya is a student of Smt Vegavahini later that night!