Calcutta Vijayaraghavan at Bhairavi pondicherry on 23-june

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Ponbhairavi

Calcutta Vijayaraghavan at Bhairavi pondicherry on 23-june

Post by Ponbhairavi »

A vocal concert of Calcutta Vijayaraghavan was held in Bhairavi Pondicherry on 23rd june . Neyveli Lalitha was the violinist and Varadan the mridangist. Here is the list:
Viriboni- bhairavi varnam
Mahaganapathim- nattai
Sri Saraswathi – arabhi-(a)
Jagadhiswari- mohanam-(n, s)
Mariveradhikevaru- lathangi-(a,s)
Marivere- anadhabhairavi
Kathanuvariki-thodi-(a,n,s)-thani
Raga malika-
Disciple of T.N.S, Vijayaraghavan’s swaraprasthara was fluent and his saariram prone to brigas. Predictably thodi was the best item of the concert when his voice opened up with desired ajutham.Neyveli Lalitha acquitted herself with poise and maturity. Her bowing was sweet.Varadhan with his mridangam added pep to the concert. Srichakra raja or suttum vizhichudar dhan as ragamalika would have conjured up memories of Maharajapuram in this concert which was sponsored by the trust to perpetuate his memory.

arasi

Re: Calcutta Vijayaraghavan at Bhairavi pondicherry on 23-ju

Post by arasi »

Good to get a review for a Pondicherry concert from you, Ponbhairavi.
mari vEre 'mari vEre" pADinArA?!

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

This reminds me of an old tamil movie ( pudayal ?) where Sivaji was toying casually with a dried plant root ( வேர்) in his hand while on a love conversation with Padmini.Jealous Thangavelu watching this thinks that it is the root which makes Padmini respond to the love of Sivaji.On the next occasion, Thangavelu waves a dried root in front of the eyes of Padmini hoping to seduce her. Unsuccessful, he laments: இது என்னடா ன்னேன் வேரு ன்னான் இது என்னடா ன்னேன் இது வேறு ன்னான்.
coming to our context, one is marivere the next one is mari வேறே

arasi

Post by arasi »

;)
ragaram marand--uh, maRandEno? ;)

which reminds me of another thangavElu (?) thing. AhAhA maRand...

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

My mistake. I had not been very clear. Pl add the following after he laments:

keeping on one hand the root which he plucked from the ground and which he has used unsuccessfully and on the other hand the root which Sivaji had in his hand while in a love conversation and which he had thrown off while going away( thangavelu collects that carefully and takes it with him )