Searching for a guru in delhi

To teach and learn Indian classical music
sumathics

Searching for a guru in delhi

Post by sumathics »

Hi - this is my first post here, though i have been a non-member lurker for sometime now.

By way of an introduction to myself --
I have been an active listener of live performances of both carnatic and hindustani classical music for over 20 years. Being in New Delhi, I have had an opportunity to listen to much more hindustani music than carnatic. This past weekend was especially wonderful for rasikas in Delhi - I managed to listen to TVS on Friday; Ulhas Kashalkar on Saturday; and Ashwini Bhide-Deshpande on Sunday -- all three performances were very enjoyable. :) I hope some of you in this neck of the woods managed to catch these performances.

I have also trained in both forms of vocal music -- relatively longer in carnatic - for over a decade off and on; and far more recently, in hindustani for about 3-4 years now. I do, however, want to return to learning carnatic vocal (which I haven't learnt since 2006).

I live in south Delhi, but am willing to travel a reasonable distance to learn. I would really appreciate it if someone among you could direct me to an appropriate guru. I can be reached on email at sumathics AT yahoo DOT com.

Thanks and cheers
sumathi

Raga Surabhi

Re: Searching for a guru in delhi

Post by Raga Surabhi »

Hello,

Dr. Uma Ramasubramaniam, student of Smt. Lalitha Sivakumar is handling skype lessons for carnatic music students. She has been running a carnatic music website with other members, http://www.ragasurabhi.com, which is aimed towards making raga identification easy through simple audio clips and demonstrations. You may please visit the website to hear a sample of her recordings. In case, you are interested to learn from her, please drop a mail to ragasurabhiATragasurabhiDOTcom with a subject line - online music lessons.

Raga Surabhi Team.

classicallover

Re: Searching for a guru in delhi

Post by classicallover »

Sumati,

What do you do and what is your time-frame for learning ? Where in Delhi are you ? I suppose you are female ( guess from Id ). Do you have an Id on Skype ( for interaction and possibly teaching ) ?

divyamusic2

Re: Searching for a Music Guru in Delhi

Post by divyamusic2 »

Divya Music offers short duration music courses and dance courses for the beginners to help understanding music as hobby - learning about music, music basics and music notations, learn music theory and practice vocal music - learn how to sing and to practice instrumental music - how to play musical instruments. Divya Music conducts short term music classes teaching music to kids and to teach music to children and young adults including the nursery / preschool kids, school students and college students.

Music learning classes and Dance learning classes for the kids and children participating in the popular Indian television reality shows such as Indian Idol, Boogie Woogie, Little Champ, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Dance India Dance, Voice of India and Chak Dhoom etc., music / dance competitions in schools and colleges, music and dance stage shows, summer camps, birthday parties and entertainment shows etc. are especially organized by Divya Music. These music lessons and training in music / dance for children help in developing interest in music. These short term certificate courses are for 2 months / 6 months and one year duration. The examinations are conducted by Divya Music and the successful students are awarded certificates by Divya Music.

Vocal music courses at Divya Music include: Vocal music (Hindustani / Carnatic) - Classical vocal, light classical vocal and Rabindra Sangeet. The Instrumental music courses include - playing Rhythm based music Instruments.

Divya Music Center

B – 360, 1st Floor, Vasant Kunj Enclave, New Delhi – 110070
Mobile No – +91 9013121421
Phone No +91 1165652377
Email us on –
divyamusic1@gmail.com
divyamusic2@gmail.com

For More Details Visit Us On:

Sangeet Vidyalaya | Music schools Delhi