looking for a Advance level Guru in Secunderabad

To teach and learn Indian classical music
radhe2708

looking for a Advance level Guru in Secunderabad

Post by radhe2708 »

I am a 29 yr old Carnatic music rasika , I have been learning Carnatic music on and off since I was a child. I have only just started foraying into the Manodharma area having now learned about 13 -15 Varnams and a number of krithis. I live in UK primarily , however I am currently in hyderabad for a few months. I am looking for a very knowledgeable teacher in Hyderabad, who is also willing to take lessons online when I return to the UK.

Raga Surabhi

Re: looking for a Advance level Guru in Secunderabad

Post by Raga Surabhi »

Hello,

Dr. Uma Ramasubramaniam, student of Smt. Lalitha Sivakumar is handling skype lessons for carnatic music students. She has been running a carnatic music website with other members, http://www.ragasurabhi.com, which is aimed towards making raga identification easy through simple audio clips and demonstrations. You may please visit the website to hear a sample of recordings. In case, you are interested to learn from her, please drop a mail to ragasurabhiATragasurabhiDOTcom with a subject line - online music lessons. Uma is currently located in Amsterdam.

Raga Surabhi Team.

classicallover

Post by classicallover »

Radhe,

Pls tell :
1. Are you male or female ?
2. Where in Hyderabad are you ?
3. Are you vocalist or instrumentalist ?
3. How many kirtanas can you sing / play in one single raga ( major ragas ) ?

Based on above, I can suggest.

radhe2708

Post by radhe2708 »

I am a female, living in Bowenpally in hyderabad. I am a vocalist and I can sing about 1-2 songs in most major ragas.

Many Thanks

classicallover

Post by classicallover »

I sent you mail yesterday. Please check.

jvenumadhav

Post by jvenumadhav »

Dear classicallover,

Can you please let me know, if you can help me in suggesting a guru for me. I want to learn music from a advanced carnatic vocal teacher, who can be either male or female. I am a flautist but the teacher need not to teach me flute, but I want to learn from a vocal carnatic teacher.
Please suggest.

1. Are you male or female ? : Male
2. Where in Hyderabad are you ? : Yes
3. Are you vocalist or instrumentalist ? : Flute
3. How many kirtanas can you sing / play in one single raga ( major ragas ) ? : Total around 20-30 compositions