Dr Shankar Srinivas

Post by rajeshnat »

He is learning from Shri PSN as per his blog http://alapana.blogspot.in/

Review of his recent exclusive concert os papanAsam sivan
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 927573.ece

Ramasubramanian M.K

Re: Dr Shankar Srinivas

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Folks: Dr.Shankar is my grand-nephew--lost his father at a very young age--brilliant in academixs-Madras Medical MD Gold medallist and above all a very humble and sensitive person(not because he is my relative,but an exception in our family of braggarts as forumites very well might have surmised by now from my postings("""MODESTY IS THE ART OF WITHHOLDING FROM OTHERS THE HIGH OPINION ONE HAS ABOUT ONESELF""").
His mother--my niece -- retired as Professor of Music from Madras University--the family like all of us has deep roots in trivandrum--hence the Semmangudi School.
He --still despite having a growing family--manages to visit Chennai to learn under PSN Sir for whom he has the highest regard dutifully reciprocated by the Guru as well.

WHY AM I TOUTING ALL THIS JIBBERISH?

There are lots like him in many musically-inclined families including our own who have amazing raw talent but not properly harnessed to perfection. In our family Shankar has really applied his talents while many of us in the family chose to be arm-chair critics dispensing homilies in forums like these while not nurturing what little talent we may have had and missed developing it!!!
Passion is essential in the pursuit of any art and music is no exception!!
talking of Passion a joke:

When the perfume PASSION(Ladies) was introduced with Elizabeth Taylor being the Pitchperson for the perfume-(-all the ads and the inscriptions on the bottle carried her pic and signature), a woman rushes to the nearest department Store and asks of the Saleslady@ the counter-- above-middle-aged woman--- "DO YOU HAVE LIZ TAYLOR'S PASSION? --TO which the Sales lady coolly replies, Well madam if I had HER(Liz taylor's) passion I would not be working here!!!!

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

MKR,
Modesty is overrated. It is just that the niceties of debate require one to say, "sir, in my humble opinion, you're a fool".

Liz Taylor was meeting a childhood friend, who confided her personal troubles in marriage. Taylor gave her some sagely advice. The friend looked thoughtful, reluctant to take her advice on board. Taylor said, ' look, you have been married only once. I have had much greater experience, after all I have been married eight times!"

Ramasubramanian M.K

Sachhi: Good one!! Saw your pic in the Rasikas meet @ Cienu's place-the face matches the erudition displayed in these forums!!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

...and the humor!

Ramesh (MKR),
Good to see your post!
Good to hear about your great nephew.

Don't blame yourself (just as I shouldn't)! Coming from a musical family alone doesn't count. Passion for learning, we might not have lacked, but practice and dedication without distraction is necessary for training oneself to be a musician.

The best to Dr. Shankar Srinivas.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

"His mother--my niece -- retired as Professor of Music from Madras University--the family like all of us has deep roots in trivandrum--hence the Semmangudi School."MKR wrote.

* She had to reconcile from Day one she had become single parent &one could witness her pursuing teaching him thereafter.
*She tells me she has started teaching her grandchild now.
MKR has observed:-
"here are lots like him in many musically-inclined families including our own who have amazing raw talent but not properly harnessed to perfection. In our family Shankar has really applied his talents while many of us in the family chose to be arm-chair critics dispensing homilies in forums like these while not nurturing what little talent we may have had and missed developing it!!!
Passion is essential in the pursuit of any art and music is no exception!!"

Mr.MKR! There are a few who are still trying to pursue. In fact,, she has encouraged one such folk in his process of making himself concert worthy (volunteered to be present during his rehearsal by arranging a pakka vadyam &offered corrections) . She also sat through the whole concert &provided the feedback. Yes! I do not want to be modest!

Ramasubramanian M.K

Satyabalu: Good for you!!If you are in Chennai please try to attend my late Father(K.S.Mahadevan's birth centenary on August 4@ KGS Hall,Mambalam--see the invitation under the festivals topic in the forum.

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

Agastheeswaram - lalitha by Dr.Shankar Srinivas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmU1ilOBKhQ

Kavitha Subramaniam has uploaded 8 videos of him at

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCF6ZJr ... ture=watch