Seshampatti Sivalingam

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Seshampatti Sivalingam

Post by rajeshnat »

I have heard almost a 2 hour concert in one of my relatives family function, he is very good. He has a real reason to be proud of, this below phrase is really touching.

"Sivalingam had embarked on his career with no family name to propel him, no music lineage, no family encouragement and not much inherited wealth. He didn't even grow up in a district famous for music. But he went beyond all these and found his niche in the world of music. And that is reason enough to be proud."
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article2834225.ece

srikant1987

Re: Seshampatti Sivalingam

Post by srikant1987 »

Indeed. And to compound the difficulties, nAdaswaram was also his chosen instrument. Pranams to the Vidwan.

rajeshnat

Re: Seshampatti Sivalingam

Post by rajeshnat »

Few days back i saw in the hindu a passing mention that nAgaswara vidwan Seshampatti Sivalingam has been honoured this year Sangeetha choodamani title from sree krishna gana sabha . A prestigious award fro a musician considering that Sivalingam had embarked on his career with no family name to propel him, no music lineage, no family encouragement and not much inherited wealth. He didn't even grow up in a district famous for music. But he went beyond all these and found his niche in the world of music. And that is reason enough to be proud."

Congratulations to seshampatti sivalingam