A fabulous collection is available here

Classical Music of North India
param

Post by param »

While searching for some information on Russian culture - I happened to stumble into this website - and know what - it contains a great dearth of music collection - something people like CML, Badri, Meenaji, Coolkarni and each and every one at Rasikas.org will be happy to download - just remember - this site does not support any of the download accelerators - hence have patience and download using the option "save link as".
Happy listening.
Well the URL is

http://aquarium.lipetsk.ru/MESTA/mp3/indian/
Best wishes,
Parameswaran

param

Post by param »

Once I hear from the rasikas as to how they found the quality and content of this website, I will send you a link for another website which also hosts a great - great collection - but strrictly Hindustani, Western, Persian and Chinese - no carnatic.

Await your feedback

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

param,

For some tracks here I get the following error:

Connection limit to your IP-address exceeded. Please do NOT try again.

But some other tracks play just fine. Did you have any such issue?

-Ramakriya

param

Post by param »

Ramakriya,
I never faced the problem that you do.
R u trying to download using any accelerator (wget, getantz or dap) - if so dont do that. Spend a little more time - trying "save file as" and you will have the entire lot.
Parameswaran

murthyhmg

Post by murthyhmg »

Param sir,

Thanks for the RU site. would you mind posting the other link that you mentioned.

murthyhmg

Post by murthyhmg »

Members may note that a number of good hindustani concerts are available on rajshri.com/concerts
Last edited by murthyhmg on 23 Jan 2007, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

wonderful movies too.at rajshri.com
I had lost hope of seeing "paheli" again, but found it here.

moserbaer have come out the movie offers too.they have bought rights for about 200-250 movies and are offering them at 28 rs per movie -all inclusive (Rs 34 if you select a dvd).
I am yet to see them in the market though..

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

coolkarni wrote:I had lost hope of seeing "paheli" again, but found it here
paheli? You mean Shahrukh Khan's? Coolkarni. That movie is a mere shadow compared to Nagamandala(nAgamaNDala) in kannaDa from which Paheli shamelessly stole the concept without acknowledging. Nagamandala stars Prakash Rai and Vijayalakshmi. It is much more realistic than ghosts becoming humans.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

No. Not that.
This one from the 70s.Story of two youngsters (hero and heroine) passing through adolescence, in a small village.
BTW I stopped seeing movies made after the 90s- except for the rare good ones , and the occasional specials like Baba where my Son acted for exactly three seconds on the screen (but more importantly one full day for the shot) with Rajnikanth in Baba
;)