Vijay Siva KGS 22.12.21

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
grsastrigal

Vijay Siva KGS 22.12.21

Post by grsastrigal »

Vijay Siva
L Vijayalakshmi
Vaidyanathan
Chandrasekhar Sharma
Krishna Gana Sabha 4 PM
1) MariyAda kAdayya- Bairavam- T
2) Maanikaveenam upalaalayanthIm (Shyamala dandakam) followed by “talli ninnu nera” – SS - (N) in shyama Krishna….janani and (S) in talli ninnu.
3) Huseni raga – Sri kAlahasteesa –MD (S) in “rAjamoulE”
4) ParamAtmudu- vAgadeeshwari- T
5) Sriranjani- Ragam- mArubalga- SSI## - neraval in ‘dAri nerigi”
6) karpagAmbike- bilahari- PS
7) Main – Todi- Sri subramaniyO – MD (started with Subramanya bhujanga slOga- “KumArasesha soonO……tvam”
8) TAni
Tukkadas
Ra ramma – annamacharya (I think)- Raag behaag
Pandareesa – pahaadi raga ( I think)
Idandaru manaiyin- vrutham (sudandara devi stuti) - followed by enthaiym thaayum….Subramanya bharathi (danyasi, maand )
Tiruppugazh
Another vintage concert. Few comments follow:
## mArubalga, it is always Semmangudi Kriti .....not Thyagaraja kriti !!!!

grsastrigal

Re: Vijay Siva KGS 22.12.21

Post by grsastrigal »

He must have read my BVB review. So, he brought KarpagAmbikE, here !!!!
The highlight of this concert was “mArubalga”
As we all know it is one and only and patented to SSI. Once GNB told “what is there in this kriti and he (SSI) renders exceptionally well”.
I thought it is an easy Sriranjani kriti as I get used hearing SSI more than 50 times. But,. when VS sang that kriti, I realized how difficult it was and I could not stop thinking of great PitAmaha. So effortlessly he sang “bhajan jEsitinA” and all those brigaas, sangathis. U turns. …… Breathtaking ……
But VS tried his best and I could see, in between, he might have felt “why I took this kriti”. But his “asura sAdagam” helped him to score 80%. To me, most of the present artists would fail, taking this kriti. For others, “brochEvArevarE” is best.
I have heard Todi kriti only from VS. Brilliant VS. I went all the way from Mylapore only for VS-LV.
Accompanying artists are absolutely stunning
Even huseni, it was not perfect. LV played better. I love VS’ music. So, I deserve to find few faults “idhar udhar”….
50 odd people in the hall. Still people are reluctant to come to sabha. Few people in the tea shop behind the hall.