mangalam by MBK

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Jyothsna_music

Post by Jyothsna_music »

Hi all

I want to have the lyrics of venkateswara mangalam by balamurali krishna. It starts like

srinivasaya vividha vedantha vedyaya....etc

Rgds
Jyothsna SaiRam

shishya

Post by shishya »

It is a Ramadasas keerthana starting 'rAmacandrAya janaka rAjajA manOharAya'. You can find the lyrics at http://www.engr.mun.ca/~adluri/telugu/c ... adasu.html

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Shishya: The song you have refered to is different.
The song Jyotsna music wants is by BMK. Here is the text.

shrInivAsAya. rAgA: navarOj. Adi tALA (tisragati)

P: shrInivAsAya vEda vidita vishva rUpAya shrta janAnanda dAyakAya mangaLam
C1: venkaTEshAya sankaTAgha mOcanAya vara shashAnka kOTi sundarAya subhra mangaLam
2: sarva gAyaka priyAya sarvamatA mOdakAya sarva bhuvana janahitAya sarva mangaLam
3: mangaLam pallivamsha jAta bAlamuraLikrSNa madhuragAna mOhitAya mahita mangaLam

shishya

Post by shishya »

Oh. I haven't heard this one. Thanks Lakshman for the lyrics. Jyothsna, if you have an audio file of this mangaLam, could you please post it here or email it to me?

Thanks

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Shishya - You can download the mangalam from the following link. Performed by BMK himself.

http://www.rogepost.com/n/6211163844

Hope this helps.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

MaheshS:
Is this a commercial clip?

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

I'm not 100% sure, but I've never seen this in a commercial album, it's part of one of the concerts in my collection. The main is a RTP in Kalyani. It's a San Fransisco concert. If it's commercial please let me know and I'll take it down.

CHELLAM

Post by CHELLAM »

This Mangalam Can Be Heard On "music India On Line"
SRI. Bmk Has Rendered It In Kurunji Ragam

sandies

Re: mangalam by MBK

Post by sandies »

i just painstakingly finished noting down the lyrics for this beautiful mangalam from a youtube performance, and then found this thread where some kind soul has uploaded the lyrics. thank you very much. it's perfect, and the rendering by BMK is really something else!

AnitaR

Post by AnitaR »

This is indeed a beautiful mangalam song. Can someone please provide the meaning for the lyrics of this mangalam?

shrInivAsAya.

P: shrInivAsAya vEda vidita vishva rUpAya shrta janAnanda dAyakAya mangaLam
C1: venkaTEshAya sankaTAgha mOcanAya vara shashAnka kOTi sundarAya subhra mangaLam
2: sarva gAyaka priyAya sarvamatA mOdakAya sarva bhuvana janahitAya sarva mangaLam
3: mangaLam pallivamsha jAta bAlamuraLikrSNa madhuragAna mOhitAya mahita mangaLam

Thanks.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Please check your email.

AnitaR

Post by AnitaR »

Received the requested info.Thank you Lakshman Sir.