Kruthi Vittal (Bhat)@NGS on Dec 16th, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Kruthi Bhat (now wife of Vittal Rangan , her name is Kruthi Vittal)
Violin : Kamalakiran Vinjamuri
Mrudangam : B Sivaraman
Ghatam : N Guruprasad

Concert Type : Non Nirvana - concert to follow , Non Ticketed concert
Day : Saturday
Duration -2 hours and 10 minutes

Sabha/Hall : Narada Gana Sabha Mini Hall
Time : 10 AM to 12:10 noon

01. Viriboni varnam - Bhairavi - Pachimariyam Adiappa
02. Neekela dayarAdhu (RS, N , S , CS) - sarasangi - Ramaswamy sivan
6 mins neraval in Saketha puravasa and 7 mins swaras

03. karuNa jUDa ninnu nammina - shree ragam - SS
04A. Raga alapana in. Bilahari for 8 mins with 6 mins violin return
04B. Slokham - rAmA kala bhadrakshA - is that Ramayana verse ??? -
04C. Kanu kontini (R,S) - bilahari -T
7 mins swaras

05A. Nee chitamu (R,N,S,T) - dhanyAsi - T
11 mins alapana 6 mins violin return
4 mins nerval in gurulE uttama ganti?? For 4 mins
6 mins swaras
05B. Tani for 5 mins

06. Tum Bin Mori kaun khabar … govardhan giridhari - Piloo (HIndustani kapi) ?? - Meera

rajeshnat

Re: Kruthi Vittal (Bhat)@NGS on Dec 16th, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

It has been a long hiatus , strange that I am starting dec season only on dec 16. I attended 3 concerts on dec 16 and just about to attend atleast 1 in Sunday dec 17. Carnatic Music needs time when your work place is behind metro construction and when there are senior citizens in form of in laws, parent there is no time to go to Sabha and Hear the dearest of carnatic music.

I thought I will go to 3 concerts on Saturday and I decided let me start the best morning with kruthi. I circled the hindu paper , I took the auto and said Mylapore kapali Kovil wrongly reading the paper as BVB instead of NGS . As I entered BVB , there was dance festival and one more vocal concert series running with 90 mins slot, then quickly browsed the internet to check kruthi was singing in NGS.

Reached at 10 10 AM like the Titan Watch ad . I hate to be late and I never be late, I was wondering the very bonny of my series is not right . As I got inside the NGS Mini hall, I was hearing the second half of the most popular varnam from chirunau half , what I missed was the viri Boni

Kruthi has immense Sruthi fidelity , her approach may appear bit leisurely but there is immense ideas to keep you focussed . I am lover of this ragam sarasangi , her rendition was really superb .Her ideas connected with the plot of alapana,krithi rendition , neraval , swaras and also thanks to possibly Ramaswamy sivan who may have added the citta swaras. Sarasangi is a beautiful raga and when it is disambiguated more with elder sibling charukesi it is a a joy to hear . Composers like Ramaswamy sivan , Patnam are all near Sadguru thyagaraja in few of their intense creations like neekela dayaraadu have done wonders . Atleast when sarasangi was on , I was thinking of one of kruthi early gurus the one ond only taala raaga swaroopan(TRS)

Kruthi anchors ideas with heavy compositions and the shree ragam composition Karuna judo ninnnu of SS was crisp . Bilahari is not my cup of tea. She sang very well her alapana was quite deep and I was only thinking she will sing the swati tirunal number but she surprised with a rare Kanu kontini and her swaras were apt with fantastic return by her fellow NRI genius kamalakiran

The main was the serene dhanyasi . I had an intense tube light moment . Usually in few milliseconds my mind would go to todi and quickly disambiguate to dhanyasi . But I was flickering in the wrong side from Todi and thinking could that be natakapriya . I totally zoned out of dhanyasi - perhaps lack of touch . AT the second half of alapana I thought O gosh how did I forget dhanyasi . Dhanyasi is a tricky raagam to sing as a main . Her punch was there in the alapana and composition but in the neraval she did not get into the zone of excellence . Swaras were standard flow bit better than neraval , bit more punch would have made my day. THe last Meera bhajan was really superb, her voice and emote went very well with the piloo ragam . I think TNS tuned this Meera bhajan in piloo or hindustani kaapi. Here kruthi and Sruthi matched well in this piloo drop with an amazing alapana in the start

Kamalakiran was a joy to hear , he can bit work on proportion during violin return , especially in bilahari. He closely tags so well with the vocalist . Microphone played traunt few times in alapana he took it in the stride. Nice patterns by both percussionist ,Little more muscle from B Sivaraman would have helped. The knotty variations of Guruprasad did boost the whole concert. Few rows in front of me in the first row I also spotted Vittal Rangan . Vittal and Kamalakiran are the future of violin , kruthi with intense sampradaya suddham do represent the future of CM

Overall a very good to excellent concert for 2 hours and 10 mins

rajeshnat

Re: Kruthi Vittal (Bhat)@NGS on Dec 16th, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================
----------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Kruthi Bhat (now wife of Vittal Rangan , her name is Kruthi Vittal)
Violin : Kamalakiran Vinjamuri
Mrudangam : B Sivaraman
Ghatam : N Guruprasad

Concert Type : Non Nirvana - concert to follow , Non Ticketed concert
Duration -2 hours and 10 minutes

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #6 of 12 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=380965#p380965