Vignesh Krishnamurthy@guruguhaamrta (Raga Sudha hall) on Mar 24th ,2024

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Vignesh Krishnamurthy - disciple of TMK, suguna varadachari and Suguna Purushottama
Violin : Madan Mohan - disciple of RKSK
Mrudangam : Aduthurai Guruprasad - disciple of Mannargudi Eswaran
Tambura : tambura Mani

Concert Type : Nirvana - no concert to follow , Non Ticketed concert
Day : Sunday
Duration -1 hours and 20 mins
Theme : Guruguhaamrta , dedicated to Muthuswami Dikshitar

Sabha/Hall : Ragasudha Hall

Director Rajeev Menon presided and G Ravikiran is the chief patron of Guruguhaamrta. G Ravikiran certainly has a lot of Shraddhai and fo he r sure he is propagating so well of the finest trinity Dikshitar. As I entered there was a small video snippet of the Dikshitar long format videos that G Ravikiran had previously , Rajeev Menon spoke well and he was crisp. Rajeev’s Amma Late Kalyani Menon is also a trained singer of repute .

The time was 07 15 pm half an hour delayed start and I was particularly interested to hear the Vignesh K . Vignesh told at the end that his Amma Mythili was the student of suguna Purushottama . He has a strong voice , not as strong as the other Vignesh Ishwar who was there in the crowd . I thought there could be more crowd , but post covid there is always a challenge .

01. vAthApi ganapathim (S) - hamsadhwani
Swaras for 3 mins
02. Shree varalakshmi namastubhyam (R) - shree ragam
6 mins ragam and 3 mins violin return
03. sadAchaleshwaram - bhoopalam

04. veenAbhEri - Abheri
05A. Shree dakshinamurthE (R N S T ) -shankarabharanam
14 mins alapana in two cycles
neraval in Nirvikalpa Samaadi Nidraa prasakthee for 3 mins
7 mins swaras
05B. Tani - a short one
06. Shree guruguhA moortje - udayaravichandrika

Vignesh Krishnamurthy is new to me . I have heard his name but I just went to hear him for the first time. I have enormous abhimAnam for his grand paramagurus both Musiri and Semmangudi and certainly that strong paddhati was indeed there. THe start of Vathapi is always a great one , if at alI I am a musician I will sing that to save time so that I start as a submain with rolling classical conviction with a bounty of swaras and great krithi structure. The swaras were limited .

Vignesh followed with a lovely alapana in shree ragam . I did not ever think if it was some neighbouring madhyamavati even for a second . Sadachaleshwaram in bhoopalam is a great krithi and he followed with the so called non bhimplas original abheri , I heard this veenAbheri for the first time I think from vidushi Vedavalli , it was a different typecast

The best indeed was his shankarabharanam . Dikshitar few monumental krthis say akshayalinga or this shree Dakshinamoorthy shows a great raga swaropam of shankarabharanam . I have heard few times TMK singing and it certainly a nice and deeper rendition. The neraval was too short which was bit disappointing feeling. The last was the suddhadhanyasish udayaravichandkrikaa , intense words in Dikshitar krithi but he placed them so well without losing the raga bhaavam

The violinist Madan , I heard him before did play well, his role was too short . The mridangist Aduthurai Guruprasad had surely the deft touches of mannargudi Eswaran , little pockets of work in progress but mostly he did well. This is the first time I am hearing Aduthurai Guruprasad , I wish him the best

Looking forward to hear this Musiri- semmangudi pattantaram sishya parampara , for sure he needs more than 80 mins. OF late ragasudha I see them insisting on sharp 08 30 PM , they can extend upto 9pm . G Ravikiran and his team could have saved some time and given it to VIgnesh K. All said best wishes to Vignesh Krishnamurthy.

Overall a very good to excellent concert
Last edited by rajeshnat on 29 Mar 2024, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Vignesh Krishnamurthy@guruguhaamrta (Raga Sudha hall) on Mar 24th ,2024

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================

—————————————————————————————
Vocal - Vignesh Krishnamurthy - disciple of TMK, suguna varadachari and Suguna Purushottama
Violin : Madan Mohan - disciple of RKSK
Mrudangam : Aduthurai Guruprasad - disciple of Mannargudi Eswaran
Tambura : tambura Mani

Theme : guruguhaamrta , muttuswami dikshitar series 2024

GLICSPAWES 2024 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #5 of xy is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=381676#p381676