bharatanatyam tailors in chennai

Classical Dance forms & related music
janani87

Post by janani87 »

Hello.

I would be really grateful if someone could suggest any good bharatanatyam dress tailors in chennai.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,
Janani

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

There is a place opposite Giri Traders in Mylapore (next to Rasi silk) - the name escapes me - they are excellent

mohan

Post by mohan »

Ravi I guess you mean Shanti Tailors -
http://www.shanthitailors.com/

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Ah Yes...thanks Mohan...they are very prompt, skilled, and above all, very courteous and professional...

srinandini

Post by srinandini »

janani,
just behind adyar telephone exchange, there is K.Rajagopal of KR dresses....He used to work with ayyalu before.....and now has set up shop on his own. though people say he is expensive.....personally i feel he does an amazing job. i have been doing business with him for the past 9 years and no complaints at all till date. he even does express deliveries.and is vey prompt.the dhananjayans, his students and most kalakshetra professors are his clients. you could try him. his phone number is 91-44-2491 3096

Umesh

Post by Umesh »

Shanthi is okay. Their dresses are fine for youngsters (I had a couple of my arangetram ones made there), but they're not as detailed as Aiyyelu or some others. I'd go with srinandini's suggestion. It seems now that Aiyyelu's disciples are actually tops in the business now...

swaykv

Post by swaykv »

yes i vouch for KR dresses too.... he is superb! do try him...
and yes as umesh says, shathi is not too gud these days... try KR

janani87

Post by janani87 »

hello everyone.

thanks for your replies. And yes, I got a costume stitched at Shanti last year - although the costume looked good, it was not delivered to me on time. my costume was only ready the day before my flight back to where i live. not only that but back home i noticed that a few stiches were coming off from the costume!!!

thats why i was looking for an alternative...
i'll try KR Dresses - Is there a website for it??? and any idea of the charges???

thanks.
Janani

swaykv

Post by swaykv »

janani, just as there is no compromise on quality with KR there is no compromise on price as well ;). he charges somewhere around 2500 for an ordinary costume. but this is what almost everybody in this field charge, so i guess its ok. u should try him once.

his web site is www.krdressers.com

good luck!

janani87

Post by janani87 »

thanks a lot for your help swaykv

janani

janani87

Post by janani87 »

I got a good number of costumes stitched by K R Dresses - they are excellent!!!! I just adore the costumes because they fit me perfectly and they are so neatly stitched and look gorgeous!!! thanks again swaykv.

I also got 2 costumes stitched by Uma Dresses - One more good tailor coming up in Chennai. The costumes are neatly presented with an elegant style and the charges are quite fair.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Isn't that nice! You not only offered thanks for the information, but came back to thank again after you got the costumes done, saying that you are a happy customer...

swaykv

Post by swaykv »

great janani.... im glad :)