Chingleput Ranganathan

Carnatic Musicians
meena

Post by meena »

Upon reading bharath review (thanks), i wanted to learn more abt. the vidwan:

for those interested:

DELETED
Last edited by meena on 15 May 2008, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Yesterday when I was with bharath in the concert, it was announced that Shri ranganAthan will be getting this years sangeetha kalAsAgaram award from cleveland .He is travelling to cleveland this march/april(2007) to give one concert and to rx the award.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 09 Feb 2007, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

vijay

Post by vijay »

He has also been chosen for SAngeet Natak Academy award I think

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

Sri Ranganathan is being honoured with Sangeetha Nataka Academy award on the March 1st. He is in Cleveland aradhanai this year. He is being awarded on 7th. He is singing there on the 10th, i think and is there from the 4th to 15th april or so.

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

I recall attending a morning concert of Sri. Ranganathan at Krishna Gana Sabha some 12 years ago where he sang an exquisite pallavi in Nattaikurinji. Smts. Mani Krishnaswamy and Seetha Narayanan who were in the audience were kind enough to explain the nuances of the pallavi to me and made it so much more enjoyable for me during the concert. Amazing how he sang that day - memories to cherish forever.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

This year Music Acadamy set a record in attracting more experts in expert committee mtg [ 25 vidwans ] for his lec dem on misu krishna iyer kritis. srivatsa addressed him as musicians musician. btw he is an expert in rendering konnakol jathis [ a dying art ]which most of us may not know.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Do the proceedings get published in the JMA? Would any kritis be availabe?

Jayashri

Post by Jayashri »

I know that Sri Ranganathan is a great guru and has some very talented students. By any chance does anyone know any names?

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

since the details of the proceedings are documented must be available on the MA journal. Few details collected from the lec dem [ out of my memory ]
1. Misu is the house name.
2 He is a telugu brahmin and hails from a village near thirunelveli
3. His kritis are in telugu and most of them are in praise of Sadhasiva brhmendral.
4. A hand written note book containing his kritis was in the possession of
Alathoor Venkatesa Iyer and C R is denied access to it since it was kept in a safe
place.
5. Few kritis in use now
1. Thyagaraja sathguru Mohanam
2. Devi meena Sankarabaranam
3. Neepadha darsanamae Chandra prabha
4. Parama pavana Ranjani
5 Dhaya payonidhae ?

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

Are we talking about the songs in the review: http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2 ... 150800.htm or of another lecdem? With regard to Meesu Krishna Iyer, the only student of Alathur Venkatesa Iyer who learnt all the compositions was Smt. Sarojini Sundaresan(read this review: http://www.thehorizons.com/music/sarojini/bio.htm. She runs a music school called Ragalaya.
Last edited by kmrasika on 23 Jul 2007, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

yesterday evening, there was a felicitatoin to Sri Ranganathan by his disciples. i am told, they also rendered a tillana composed by Sri Ranganathan in nAgasvarAvaLi set to sankIrNa jAti dhurva tALam

jayachAmarAja

Post by jayachAmarAja »

Here are some photos: