TMKrishna @ SGBS - 20th Aug 08, Gokulashtami series, Bangalo

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
s_hari

Post by s_hari »

Vid T.M.Krishna - vocal
Vid R.K.Sriramkumar - violin
Vid Guruvayur Durai - Mridangam
Vid ASN Swamy - Kanjira

1. vallaba nayakasya - begada - rupakam - MD (Swara... i entered just when swara was ending..)
2. lekhana - asaveri - adi 2 kalai - thyagaraja (Swara @ Pallavi)
3. ranganayakam - nayaki - adi 2 kalai - MD (short sketch of raga)
4. ksheenamai - mukhari - adi 2 kalai - thyagaraja (raga, neraval & swara @ yedi jesina jagannadu)
5. nenarunchinanu - malavi - adi - thyagaraja
6. sarasijanabha murare - todi - misra chapu - swati tirunal (raga, neraval & swara @ darachakra karambuja and tani)
7. RTP - Varali - adi 2 kalai - Ananda paramAnanda mukundA govindA
ragamalika swara in yadukulakambhoji, reetigowlai, kalyani, ananda bhairavi, nilambari
8. ramajogi - kamas - badrachala ramadasu
9. jagadeesa (from anupallavi starting) - nadanamakriya - Swati tirunaal
10. tillanan - chenchuruti - veena seshanna
11. mangalam - ni nama rupamulaku & magalam kosalendraya in madhyamavati

Awsome concert, good team work from sriramkumar & guruvayur dorai sir

Hope some one will comment..

-hari

eppramod

Post by eppramod »

It was indeed an awesome concert...He had missed the Semmagudi centenary concert in Bangalore Gayana Samaja last month.
So he announced that the concert will be dedicated to SSI,with compositions which SSI used to sing commonly and the compositions
which TMK learned from SSI.

The Mukhari krithi was the pick,with beautiful Neraval and Swara singing.Thodi Krithi also was nice.

He had planned to sing Kalyani RTP which SSI used to sing and he asked audience whether Kalyani was sung the previous day.
Yesterday Mambalam Sisters had sung Kalyani and so at the last minute he decided to sing RTP in varali.It was really great.

The Alapana and Pallavi itself was a bit short but he excelled in Thanam and the Ragamalika swarams(especially Yadukula Kamboji and Neelambari).
In between he sung Kalyani swaras and compensated for the last minute change :-).

He warapped the concert with a Khamas krithi ( I thought it was Papanasan Sivan's),SwathiThirunal's Nadanamakriya Krithi and Veena Seshanna's famous Chenjurutti Thillana.

A really memorable concert.

Pramod

rajaglan

Post by rajaglan »

It was a great concert. Many SSI songs in TMK style. Very perfectly executed.
I liked ksheenamai The most (as it is my fav from SSI) , the neraval and swara touched peaks of challenges here.
I liked the Todi alapana as well as the Thanam in Varali which are the highlights of the concert.
The ragamalikai swaras are the next highlight.
I missed the begada swarams, I am sure he must have impressed the audience with that.
Thanks no rains, I had some arrangements for pickup.

mridangamkid

Post by mridangamkid »

Wish I was there :-(

cienu

Post by cienu »

Would have loved to attend this concert. But commuting time (up and down) of almost 3 hrs on a working day, taking into account traffic, would have been close to impossible. :(

Thanks to all for the reviews though :)
Last edited by cienu on 21 Aug 2008, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Would have requested him to sing ' sri bHargavi bHadram dEhi(MD) ' in the raga Mangala Kaishika.

I could not attend the concert. Working day attending a concert in Bangalore has become a nightmare!!!
What a pity.

The railway parallel road was pitch dark on Sunday night ( with a little traffic ) scaring me.

The story would have been totally different on working days. The bad roads with full traffic and rains all add up to miss these lovely concerts.
Last edited by vs_manjunath on 22 Aug 2008, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.