Carnatica Brothers @ Connecticut,September 2008

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CM-Fan

Post by CM-Fan »

Vocal: Carnatica Brothers-K.N.Shashikiran & Chitravina P. Ganesh
Violin: M.Chandramouli
Mrudangam: Tanjavur Murugabhoopati
Sep 21st (4 p.m.) - Concert at Hartford, Connecticut
Organizers: Raga Club,CT
VENUE:Connecticut Valley Hindu Temple Society,Middletown,CT

The concert started by 4.15 pm.A Superb concert by the Carnatica Brothers.It lasted for about 4 & 1/2 hours I guess.By the time I reached the temple auditorium,it was packed.Initially we had planned to leave after 2 hours but the concert was so enjoyable that
we ended up staying for the entire concert.As we entered the hall,the brothers started the concert with a Slokam on Lord SatyaNarayana.
They were very well accompanied by Chandramouli on the violin & Murugabhoopathi on the mrudangam.
Both Shashikiran & Ganesh rendered alapanais beautifully.Shashikiran touching lowest octaves & Ganesh touching highest octaves.Their swarams were very enjoyable as well.The accompanying artists were awesome throughout the concert.The RTP was simply superb.After the RTP,the brothers were poured in with a lot of requests.
I personally liked Ragi Thandheere a lot.I hadnt heard this song before in any concert.The audience got so involved in the song as it was very catchy.Then came Narayanathe Namo Namo which was also good.I think its their trademark to end their concert with Mithreem Bhajata & Dasavataram Mangalam.
Some concerts get a bit boring in between but these brothers kept the audience alive throughout.
It was a long time since I had heard them.It was worth the long drive.

Song List
1.SrimanNarayan- Adi - Bouli - Annamacharya(Swarams)

2.Jaya Jaya Janaki - Kanda Chapu -Natai- Purandara Dasa

3.Suryamurthe -Chaturashra jati Dhruva talam-Sourashtram - Mutthuswami Dhikshitar

4.Karuna yela gante - Adi - Varali - Thyagarajar (Alapanai,Swarams)

5.Thulasibilwa - Adi - Kedaragowla - Thyagarajar(Alapanai)

6.Sarasamukhi - Roopaka - Mutthaiah Bhagavatar(Swarams)

7.Orajoopu - Adi - KannadaGowla - Thyagarajar

8.RTP in Ragam Brindavani in Kanda Jati Triputa Talam.

Pallavi started at mukkal eddupu from samam.

Pallavi Lyrics:

"Prakashini Vikasini Padmasini Brindavani Raga Mahima"

Superb ,soulful Alapanais by both Shashikiran & Ganesh in Bridavani.

An Awesome Ragamalika Tanam by Ganesh - Saveri,Asaveri,Shuddha Saveri,Attana,Kapi & Suritti.

Excellent rendition of Ragamalika Swarams - Kumudakriya by Shashikiran,Bhageshri by violinist Chandramouli & Tapaswini by Ganesh.
Overall the RTP was the highlight rendered with all the technical details in trikaalam 3-2-1 pattern.(hope this is right).
Superb accompaniment by Chandramouli on the violin & a very dynamic mrudangam Thani by Murugaboopathi.

9.Ekkalathilum - tishra Eka - Nataikurunji - Mahavaidyanatha Bhagvatar

10.Parulanna mata(Javali) - Rupaka - Kapi - Dharmapuri Subba Rao

Shashikiran announced that the 9th & 10th songs were dedicated to their Gurus T.Vishwanathan & T.Brinda

11.Ragi Thandheera - Adi - Nadanamakriya - Purandara Dasa

12.Narayanathe Namo Namo - Behag - Annammacharya

13.Bho Shambo - Adi - Revathi - Dayananda Saraswati

14.Mithreem Bhajatha - Adi - Ragamalika - Shankaracharya

15.Dashavataram Mangalam - Adi - Madhyamavati - Purandara Dasa

What an enjoyable concert it was.Wow!

-