Papanasan Sivan's Compositions with English Notations

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
suma

Post by suma »

Does anyone know if a book with English Notations for Papanasan Sivan's compositions exists and if so could you please pass on the info?
I know there is a book written by the composer himself, but that is just sahitya and in tamil
I am looking for notations in English plus sahitya in english combined.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

As far as I know only his varNamAlai, sri rAma carita gItam and karaikkal Ammaiyar books are available in english script.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Suma,
Can you read kannaDa? Neela Ramgopal, a member here, and one of our vidushi-members at that, has published PS's notated songs in kannaDa, if my memory serves me right. Hope it helps (that is, if you can read the script)...

suma

Post by suma »

Lakshman wrote:As far as I know only his varNamAlai, sri rAma carita gItam and karaikkal Ammaiyar books are available in english script.
Great, Can you give me a couple of references to either the book store name in chennai or online so that I can try?

suma

Post by suma »

arasi wrote:Suma,
Can you read kannaDa? Neela Ramgopal, a member here, and one of our vidushi-members at that, has published PS's notated songs in kannaDa, if my memory serves me right. Hope it helps (that is, if you can read the script)...
Thank u
Although I cant read Kannada, I have a lot of friends that dont mind translating a song or two. I will come to you when I need a specific song if it is not in the english book that Lakshman was talking about.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Try Karnatic Music Book Centre
23A Sripuram 1st street, Royapettah, Chennai 600014. (kmbc@vsnl.net)
Giri Trading, Sannidhi street, Mylapore. Chennai 600 004. Giritrading is also on line.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Suma,
I did go to Neela Ramgopal's web-site and saw that her book of notated tamizh songs was published by Ananya--it doesn't say just Sivan's.

Neela Ramgopal. or her students who happen to read this thread, please clarify. Thanks...

I am a very slow reader when it comes to kannaDa script! We have pros here like ramakriya who are willing to help.

suma

Post by suma »

Thanks Arasi
What is the link for this website? I mean Neela Ramgopal's website
Last edited by suma on 10 Oct 2008, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Google her name and you will find it, just as I did.
Last edited by arasi on 10 Oct 2008, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.

suma

Post by suma »

thank u
Last edited by suma on 10 Oct 2008, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

venug

Post by venug »

I am Venu son of Chitti sundararajan a Mnikkodi writer and a very close friend of MMI for a very long time. I want to beidentified as MMI Fanatic!
I Had the luck of my life as i have heard many concerts of MMI live. MMI is the ONLY singer in the world and I listen to him everyday without fail.MMI alone can sing so nicely and listening to him is a very rich experience.As a person MMI was very simple and MMI was named as Gandi!
Whenever i am unwell I listen to him and i become OK after that.My ambition is this.A few years ago a retied employee of Mharashtra was on the Star TV.He was a great fan of KL Saigal the great singer of yesteryears Hindi Movies.He,Pankaj Mallik and Noorjehan were the fine singers of that golden era of Hindi films.I feel MMI was the greatest and Iam not able to listen to any one else as conntinuously as MMI.It is my lucky
time.He used to get up listen to Saigal right from Dawn to Dusk.I envied him and I am trying to emulate him listenning to MMI all the time of life. I have an ultimate ambition in life.I want to leave this earthly world listening to MMI.Sure there would be no rebirth since MMI is GOd of all kinds of melody music and sruthi to me.I feel MMI was the best is the best and will be the best.I am sound exaggerating but it is the truth2me!
Venu 7A Prasanhti Apts TMM ST Vannanthurai Ch41 Ph42151321