Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Shivadasan

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by Shivadasan »

I got the information that Dr.Smt.N.Rajam is appearing in this channel on 12th September along wih her daughter and grand daughters.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Shivadasan wrote:I got the information that Dr.Smt.N.Rajam is appearing in this channel on 12th September along wih her daughter and grand daughters.
It was fantastic. Even the grandchildren. What level of saadaham they must have put in ! Thanks for the advance info.

gravikiran

Post by gravikiran »

by kssr » 07 Aug 2012 15:05

Today it was G.Ravikiran. From concert to concert I see him going from strength to strength. Sweeping Keeravani- beautiful range and effortless reach. Extremely pleased to see youngsters from Bangalore performing so well.
Thanks for the kind words!!
Please find below an excerpt from the concert:

http://soundcloud.com/gravikiran/02-nam ... vagandhari

Regards,
Ravi Kiran.

gravikiran

Post by gravikiran »

Dear Rasikas,

The main ragam of the evening was Keeravani.
Please find the recording below for your kind listening pleasure:
http://soundcloud.com/gravikiran/keervani-ragam

Regards,
Ravi Kiran.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday I listened to Dr.padma sugavanam. Young lady. Extremely impressive. Very good and mature flawless Varali with Shyama sastry kriti with neraval and swarams. Next was another SS kriti in Sri ragam. An artist one should really take note of. I do not know any other detail. May be other rasikas may enlighten.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I have heard her live and in radio. A very good artist with great potential. She is a student of Madam Seetha Rajan.

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

On 13th July (Saturday) evening, Smt. Sujana will present her vIna concert at the nAda neerAjanam program in the tirumala temple premises.
It can be watched live on SVBC and on internet @
http://www.yupptv.com/svbc_channel_live.html

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

On 13-7-2013, Smt. Sujana Vadlamani (Parupalli) gave a veena recital as part of nAda neerAjanam program of SVBC in Tirumala.
accompaniments:
Sri. Parupalli Balasubramanyam - mridangam
Sri. Maruti Raghuram - ghatam
Song list
1) giri rAja suta tanaya - rAGAM - bangAla - tAlam - Adi - Composer - tyAgarAja
2) mAra jananimAsrayE - rAgam - nAtakapriya - tAlam - Adi - Composer - NCH KrishnamAchAryulu (R S)
3) saraswati namOstutE - rAgam - saraswati - tAlam - rUpakam Composer - GN Balasubramaniam (R S)
4) nArAyana ninna nAmade smarana - rAgam - sudha dhanyAsi tAlam - khanda chapu - Composer - Purandara dAsa (R S)
5) prakkAla nilabadi - rAgam - kharaharapriya - tAlam - misra chapu - compoer - tyAgarAja (R T S thani avarthanam)
6) dEva dEvam bhajEham - rAgam - hindOlam - tAlam - khanda chapu - composer - AnnamAcharya
7) vishwEswara darshan kar - rAgam - sindhubhIravi - tAlam - rupakam- composer - swAti tirunAl
8) pAhi rAma prabhO - rAgam - madhyamAvathi - tAlam - khanda chapu- composer- BhadrAchala rAmadAsu

I will post audio/video later.
It was a nice concert. As she was playing sindhu bhiravi piece (it seemed varuna dEva was pleased!) as the heavens opened up suddenly and caught the audience by surprise and all of them rushed forward to take cover and some climbed the stage. The artists were plesased too and so it seemed and carried on till the end.

Sarma

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today I listened to the flute recital of Sri. Bala Sai. Just Brilliant. Excellent accompaniments, too. I wonder why we never see these top class artists in Bangalore. I have heard the name of Anirudh Athreya who played Khanjira. I do not know if he is from Bangalore.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Anirudh has been regular in the December season and accompanies most of the front ranking artistes. Balasai's handling of the western (keyed) flute to play dandamu pettanura was novel and nice.

kssr

Post by kssr »

D.ravikanth, a young artist is presently singing. Quite good shanmukhapriya. The violinist raaga reply was just brilliant. Can anyone Identify him?

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Kssr,

Sri Bala Sai was featured during the first edition of Vadya Vaibhavam at Bangalore Gayana Samaja in Aug 2012.
I note with great regret the cold response to the second edition of vadyavaibhavam being held Aug 7- 11,2013.

kssr

Post by kssr »

I did not see Bala sai featured in that list. The list is actually a good one. It is a pity if does not interest our rasikas.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Kssr,

I stand corrected.Sri Balasai was featured in the first edition during Aug 2012 at Bangalore Gayana Samaja and not in this edition of 2013.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Smt. Gayathri Venkataraghavvan will give a concert today.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Did GV concert take place. There was some rakhi bandhan in that slot.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

The concert was from 8 to 9.30 pm. Apparently it was recorded earlier. She was accompanied by M A Krishnaswamy Neyveli Narayanan(?) and Alathur Rajaganesh. The list as I remember is as follows: Natai (Narayana theerthar), Dhanyasi (Bhadrachalam Ramadasu), Lalitha (MD), Suddha dhanyasi (Annamacharya), Jaganmohini (Thyagaraja), Kambodhi (Thyagaraja) and Hamsanandhi (PS).

kssr

Post by kssr »

Right now there is one more Lalitha, hiranmayeem, going on. Artists are not known. One elderly lady and two grand daughters? I love Lalitha. ULLaththai urukkum ragam.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Mutnury Jalajakshi mami

kssr

Post by kssr »

Next is Sudha dhanyasi! Hope kunthalavarali did not mistake Jalajakshi Mami for GV!!

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

GV was yesterday. M Jalajakshi is on now. Singing aarabhi now. There was also a beautiful Sahana, very classical

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

I suppose M Jalajakshi is the mother of violinist MSN murthy

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yes. Smt.Pantula Rama has just now posted a Facebook note about it. Very soothing music. Her voice is one which produces brigas effortlessly. Voice is a bit strained above higher Ri. But she keeps testing upto panchamam. Very nice lucky chance to listen to a good artist.

BTW, how to edit our own posts? How to quote someone else's post to make a comment? These things were easy in the earlier format. Can someone help?

kssr

Post by kssr »

Maharajapuram Ramachandran singing right now. A brilliant Kalyana vasantham right now. Will sing Sri Venkatesam. Earlier pantuvarali and hamsadvani. Such a great singer. Quite underrated. It is a pity. Hardly saw his name in chennai season.

sivakami

Post by sivakami »

Came to know that Ms.Sowmya Sridhar, disciple of the Hyd Sisters will be singing tomorrow, I.e. the17th Jan 2014, in Nadaneerajanam. Please watch and provide feedback.....

vichu1947

Post by vichu1947 »

A week back (was it on 9th Jan ?? ), Lalitha and Nandhini played in Nadaneerajanam. I was surprised that they played Kapali. Usually at Thirumala, artists sing Vishnu kritis only. Playing Kapali, that too as main item at TTD was unusual. They should expand their repertoire and ensure that they do not repeat the same set again and again. With their lineage and their tutelage , it is not difficult to learn new kritis.

kssr

Post by kssr »

vichu1947 wrote:A week back (was it on 9th Jan ?? ), Lalitha and Nandhini played in Nadaneerajanam. I was surprised that they played Kapali. Usually at Thirumala, artists sing Vishnu kritis only. Playing Kapali, that too as main item at TTD was unusual. They should expand their repertoire and ensure that they do not repeat the same set again and again. With their lineage and their tutelage , it is not difficult to learn new kritis.
The following day, it was the same duo with a third male member with a strange instrument called "Double Violin". Are we talking about the same artists? What is their lineage? I felt that the ladies played well and definitely with confidence.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

They are the nieces of Mr. L Subramaniam (granddaughters of Mr. Lakshminarayana Iyer). They are accomplished. It is funny that playing Kapali in Thirumala should be criticised. I do not think there is, or should be, any such bigoted restriction.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

vichu1947 wrote: Playing Kapali, that too as main item at TTD was unusual.
Ha ha...

Had that happened at the Chennai center under the previous convener's reign, he would have thrown an awful fit. It would have been a riot!

vichu1947

Post by vichu1947 »

kvchellappa wrote: I do not think there is, or should be, any such bigoted restriction.
sureshvv wrote:
Ha ha...

Had that happened at the Chennai center under the previous convener's reign, he would have thrown an awful fit. It would have been a riot!
True. there should not be any "bigoted restriction", but unfortunately, that is quite prevalent. show me one iyengar , just one ..., who is named after one of the names of Shiva or Subhramanya. There are a million for the other type....I do not want to hijack this thread into an iyer vs iyengar discussion. Let me leave it here.

arasi

Post by arasi »

sarvam vishNu mayam (in the broader sense, all are God's various names)--and let their many names be sung (in this case, played, and so, kapAli's name wasn't even heard!). I have a feeling the sisters know quite a few 'not so familiar' songs, but chose to play an expansive mOhanam for this particular concert.

It's good to hear songs on VenkatESa in this hall, but a concert here which contains only VenkatESa songs is not necessary, in my view.

CRama

Post by CRama »

The following day, it was the same duo with a third male member with a strange instrument called "Double Violin". Are we talking about the same artists? What is their lineage? I felt that the ladies played well and definitely with confidence.[/quote]

Quite surprising that you did not identify that male member-main vidwan- He is the famous maestro- L.Sankar with his double violin. They displayed the name in English many times. I had seen him about 25 years back in Bangalore. Now he had come with a long brown wig- to suit his international fusion bands. He played one ragam called Lakshminarayana which he had invented. That day was his father's 103rd birthday. He told that he came to Tirupathi from US to play there on that particular day.

The double violin has got sympathetic strings attached. Everybody would have seen the picture. But since the song and ragam was totally new, I am not able to tell much about that. The music was quite scintillating - but not loud. His nieces Lalitha and Nadini supported him on the violin. Last piece was Brahmamokade- which he did not play fully. But joined occasionally. There was no mridangam- only tavil to support. I would like to hear that programme once again- If any up-load is available....

kssr

Post by kssr »

Sorry that I did not listen for long - may be due to the strangeness of the instrument itself and secondly no sound seemed to be emanating from that :( . Also sorry that I I have never heard of and hence could not identify the maestro.

CRama

Post by CRama »

kssr, I strongly recommend you to listen to the album L.Sankar- Who is to know. Double violin featuring two ragams- Hemavathi and Savithri.

harimau

Post by harimau »

arasi wrote
sarvam Vishnu mayam
Well, Sadasiva Brahmendra decided to neatly skirt the issue of Vishnu vs Siva by writing "Sarvam Brahma Mayam Re Re, Sarvam Brahma Mayam".

arasi

Post by arasi »

No problem there for me, Harimau. Yet, there will be those who will quote Purandara DAsa and say "SrushTi sthithi laya kAraNa gOvinda, I bari mahimeya tiLiyuvudAnanda'!

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

L Shankar? Seriously? It's been a very, very long time since I heard L Shankar perform live here and I'm not surprised that some couldn't recognise him. He is a truly supreme talent on the instrument, but having heard L Subramaniam often I have always wondered where Shankar had gone all this time. I heard he also goes by the name Shenkar in his fusion performances but haven't heard his name at all for years now.

The double violin was designed by him and built by Ken Parker (noted guitar maker and founder of Parker guitars). It is an acoustic violin, has two necks with 5 strings on each one and is capable of covering the range of the entire viol family from violin to double bass.

kssr

Post by kssr »

The Pancharatnam rendering by S.V.Music college staff and students was really perfect. There was clarity, uniformity in rendition, perfection in swara and sahitya and no overlap or confusion with regard to the sangathis, which are very common in the group singing incl the one in tiruvaiyaaru. I do not know if any of their teachers give concerts anywhere and if so who they are and how they perform on a concert stage.

malavi

Post by malavi »

Naada Neerajanam--TTD TV CHANNEL
by malavi jan 23 2014

Smt.Raji gopalakrishnan presented a very good concert in this channel today.
Suddha danyasi, senchukambodhi.keeravani,tilang,poorvikalyani were some of the ragas she presented'

arasi

Post by arasi »

Having missed her during my short season (one of my favorites, my namesake), I was delighted to see her on the screen. During my brief stay in India, I switch on the TV at 6-15 for nAda nIrAjanam 'religiously' almost every day to see whose concert it's going to be for the day. If I don't know the name, I listen for a few minutes anyway before I switch it off.

I lucked out today (was drawn away from the TV several times--as it happens
when you are listening at home :().
Her Sri parthasarathy, svara rAga laya, HMB's amba vANi in kIravANi, pUrvikalyANi,
and the beautiful darbAri kAnaDa were very appealing.
Here's an artiste whose flair and imagination impress me a lot. Another thing--she sings tukkaDAs with just as much attention as she pays to the main pieces. Her durbAri kAnaDa is an example. Some singers dispense tukkaDAs off like a post script--just as many listeners think too!. Raji Goplakrishnan is not so, it seems...

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

The Vidushi from Toronto was ably accompanied by M R Gopinath, Ganapathiraman and Adambakkam Shankar in yesterday's concert.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Agreed!

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday evening, it was the concert of Palghat KL Sriram. Violin was by some lady. They did not show the name. Mridagam by B.Sivaraman. Smt.Baby Sriram provided tanpura support. The songs I heard- Ranganathude, Budham asrayami, Chinnanadena and Venkataramana.
Natakurinji and Lathangi alapanas were very good. He was following the bani of Voleti. Appearance also gradually inching towards that. The alapanas with lot of gamakam and jaru prayogams were very good. All the aspects of music came out so well. It is sad that he is not featured in regular carnatic platforms.

kssr

Post by kssr »

I was not too impressed. so...so. Probably just a matter of opinion. I felt that everything was kind of approximation. The swarasthaanams, pidis, thaalam..

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today the concert of Kollam Sri.Bala Murali and team was top class.

The Thyagaraja Krithi in Gurjari was really superb. The gentle twist in the second line of the pallavi was delightful, Even wanted to learn it to the best of my ability ;)

Main was thodi. Listened to the alapana only. Violin, Mridangam and Morsing, I guess, all from Kerala. Excellent talent pool.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I also heard this concert. It was very good. The concert started with Ninne bhajana. The swara patterns in Nata were very interesting. Mokshamugalada was the second song with a brief alapana of the ragam. Varalendu in Gurjari was rendered very well. So far heard this song only from Dr.S.Ramanathan and his sishya parampara.
First time I was hearing this vidwan. Do not know who is his guru. The accompanists are all very popular in Kerala music circuit.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Kollam bAlamuraLi sang well yesterday.esp.the gurjari one and needless to say I also thought of Dr.SR.I referred to the grammar of this rAgam immediately yesterday.I was so excited to hear gurjari.I have already heard bAlamuraLi a couple of times before in TV only of course.

kssr

Post by kssr »

K.vandana of tirupathi today. Good kambodhi.

Extensive Thani of 15 minutes in a one hour programme. No sense of proportion. Pity.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today there was once again a very good concert by Sri.Balu Raghuraman. Basically from Bangalore he has settled in the UK. He was accompanied by AAK Sharma on mridangam and Rajasekhar on morsing. Another violinist also played as well. There was also a veena accompaniment. I think that these two are also from the UK. Very good programme.

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Rasikas, Tomorrow we have Kumari Kanyakumari's violin concert for Indepence Day. It's Nadaneeranjam Special. May be it will start a little early. The concerts by her were wonderful for the past two years. Those who live abroad can watch the webcast on svbcttd.com